OV schedule just dropped on 247

So did IT

April 3-5: Alabama
May 8-10: LSU
June 2-4: Auburn
June 12-14: Texas
June 19-2: Alabama

Alabama twice because of the twins.

I also expect the twins to make it to Baton Rouge for Texas vs LSU.

Blake Brockermeyer will be allowed to make each visit. Sonny Dykes seems like a swell guy to work for.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Blake Brockermeyer will be allowed to make each visit. Sonny Dykes seems like a swell guy to work for.

I mean, he’s a QC coach and he probably required that condition before taking the position. It’s not like SMU’s really relying on his work as a QC coach to function or anything. 

Just now, Neonmoon said:

Well there it is. Alabama or Texas is the pick. I wonder if they let the season play out to see if Texas doesn’t shit the bed

That’s the only question to me. If they stay uncommitted, then it’s just about whether Herman can win as many games as he should with this roster. If Saban works his magic and gets them to commit before the season, then it’ll be a much tougher pull and even if we have a good year, I’m not sure it would be enough.

Is there anything more 2010’s Texas football than hoping you can stall a 5* and 4* legacy from committing to a program that actually wins, just so UT can get one more chance to show them they can actually win games here? Barf. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

That’s the only question to me. If they stay uncommitted, then it’s just about whether Herman can win as many games as he should with this roster. If Saban works his magic and gets them to commit before the season, then it’ll be a much tougher pull and even if we have a good year, I’m not sure it would be enough.

Is there anything more 2010’s Texas football than hoping you can stall a 5* and 4* legacy from committing to a program that actually wins, just so UT can get one more chance to show them they can actually win games here? Barf. 

I was tired of this trend 5 years ago. I feel like I’m a Browns fans at this point 

8 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

So did IT

April 3-5: Alabama
May 8-10: LSU
June 2-4: Auburn
June 12-14: Texas
June 19-2: Alabama

Alabama twice because of the twins.

I also expect the twins to make it to Baton Rouge for Texas vs LSU.

Can someone explain to me how the twin brother things means a 2nd trip to Bama, but not anywhere else, particularly Texas? If it is tag along city, well, why don't they have 10 fucking visits? 

The scuttle before now has been that 'Bama currently leads. Clemson led and told the family the truth about James, and now they seem to be out of it. It doesn't feel like these kids want to come to Texas. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I was tired of this trend 5 years ago. I feel like I’m a Browns fans at this point 

CTJ made a post awhile back in response to someone pointing out how our recruiting was still good, while glossing over our misses, It was something absurd like an additional 12 high 4-5 star players on our 2 deep if we could just close on in state talent that traditionally would view Texas favorably. Struggling with legacies who understand the value of education makes this even fucking worse. I'm so fucking sick of this fucking shit. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Can someone explain to me how the twin brother things means a 2nd trip to Bama, but not anywhere else, particularly Texas? If it is tag along city, well, why don't they have 10 fucking visits? 

The scuttle before now has been that 'Bama currently leads. Clemson led and told the family the truth about James, and now they seem to be out of it. It doesn't feel like these kids want to come to Texas. 

They could take two OVs to Texas too, if they wanted. I’m not sure how much that means though. They’ve been to Texas plenty and know Herman and Hand better than the Bama coaches. I’m sure the Brocks will take multiple visits to Texas between now and NSD, whether or not they’re officials. 

I agree with you though on the sense they’re looking for a reason to go elsewhere right now, but I think the pull to Texas will come into play stronger later in the cycle. I mean their dad was an All-American here, their brother is on scholarship here and they’d be like 3rd or 4th generation athletes at UT. That’s a lot to overcome, even for a dickwad like Herman. 

7 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

They could take two OVs to Texas too, if they wanted. I’m not sure how much that means though. They’ve been to Texas plenty and know Herman and Hand better than the Bama coaches. I’m sure the Brocks will take multiple visits to Texas between now and NSD, whether or not they’re officials. 

I agree with you though on the sense they’re looking for a reason to go elsewhere right now, but I think the pull to Texas will come into play stronger later in the cycle. I mean their dad was an All-American here, their brother is on scholarship here and they’d be like 3rd or 4th generation athletes at UT. That’s a lot to overcome, even for a dickwad like Herman. 

They will probably come to a practice and the spring game.

28 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Nahlin said he expects them to be in B.R. for the Texas game which would be a 2nd OV for LSU most likely and then a 2nd OV for Texas during the season at some point. 

29 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Per Nahlin, they'll take a second to Texas during the season, the date just isn't set yet 

It's been Texas/Bama since the Clemson fallout and without the mom having taken any POV. I'll continue to bet Texas even with a complete fucking idiot running the program. Also, Saban retaining Sarkisian when he allegedly had the offer from CU has a tinge of "you could be the guy here before too long" to it. Saban has absolute shit for a succession plan and his age/health can't simply be ignored forever. He turns 69 in 8 months. He hasn't taken the last 2 years well at all, allegedly. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bEastTexas said:

Nahlin said he expects them to be in B.R. for the Texas game which would be a 2nd OV for LSU most likely and then a 2nd OV for Texas during the season at some point. 

LSU can be ignored in this recruitment. LSU mouthbreathers on this board and covering their program will intimate otherwise. They'll be wrong the whole way through.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, bEastTexas said:

Surprised they aren't using one of the Bama' OV's for a game in the fall.  If what Nahlin says is true, then it sounds like they definitely want to see how we look in the upcoming season.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

I know that shitting on Herman is surly's raison d'etre for 2020, but he's not the problem with the Brocks and if Texas lands them it will be because of him, not in spite of him. Hand is the real issue at play, well and Blake's fucking ego. Hand has been negatively recruited against for a good while by 4-5 staffs, specifically that he has avoided staying at any jobs that prove out his ability to identify and develop a complete unit. Yancey telling the truth about his concerns with James flexibility being confirmed/echoed by Batson seems to have patched a bit of the problem there but they were salty because Blake expected backhandsprings from the staff when they saw James' increased muscle mass. The reality is that they have held Texas and Clemson to a higher standard than anyone else and I think that speaks to where they really wanted to go in the first place. Do you think they've held fucking Brent Key's feet to the flames the way they have Hand? Or the Alabama staff turnoevers? I still think they end up at Texas, honestly. Most of this is a dog and pony show, imho. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, golfclap said:

I know that shitting on Herman is surly's raison d'etre for 2020, but he's not the problem with the Brocks and if Texas lands them it will be because of him, not in spite of him. Hand is the real issue at play, well and Blake's fucking ego. Hand has been negatively recruited against for a good while by 4-5 staffs, specifically that he has avoided staying at any jobs that prove out his ability to identify and develop a complete unit. Yancey telling the truth about his concerns with James flexibility being confirmed/echoed by Batson seems to have patched a bit of the problem there but they were salty because Blake expected backhandsprings from the staff when they saw James' increased muscle mass. The reality is that they have held Texas and Clemson to a higher standard than anyone else and I think that speaks to where they really wanted to go in the first place. Do you think they've held fucking Brent Key's feet to the flames the way they have Hand? Or the Alabama staff turnoevers? I still think they end up at Texas, honestly. Most of this is a dog and pony show, imho. 

I mean I agree with most of your post, particularly on Blake being as much of a problem as anyone. I don't think your info and other things are mutually exclusive. Hand may be a problem, but I've certainly heard that Blake can't stand Herman, either. So the idea that it will be because of him as opposed to in spite of him doesn't seem right to me. But then again, the only person who's been in those rooms with all those guys together is @Longhorn94¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, golfclap said:

I still think they end up at Texas, honestly. Most of this is a dog and pony show, imho. 

Blake knows what it's like to play under an asshole coach when the results on the field weren't great at Texas. If Texas has a good season and the locker room vibes are good, then this thing is over. Otherwise, it's dicey, and who knows how it falls out wrt Brockermeyers. They're just keeping their options open so they can see how the season starts to trend. They have leverage, so there's no reason to make moves right now when they still have questions that need to be answered, which won't be answered until the season is several games in. 

8 minutes ago, golfclap said:

So Herman is not the problem.  It's just the coach that he hired?  

5 minutes ago, golfclap said:

We may agree on the outcomes for this one, but we are in fundamental disagreement about Herman being helpful here. That's fucking silly. A guy off the street coaching at Texas could reasonably sign a top 10 class and landing legacies like these guys is part of that work.

Herman's made it harder than it has to be with them, irrespective of whether they deserve to feel entitled or not. A net neutral coach at Texas isn't having to overcome the same obstacles that Herman created for himself here. A net positive HC, like, gulp, Mack Brown, has these guys committed and recruiting for him roughly 10 months ago. 

I addressed Blake Brockermeyer's concerns with Hand upstream in this thread, so we hear same there.

Just now, closetojumping said:

Herman's made it harder than it has to be with them

Perhaps with Blake and I think we can all understand the problem with those two guys interacting. I just think people are vastly underestimating Kristy's preference and weight in this whole thing and she is a big fan of Tom. 

48 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

why not keep it in their back pocket to use during the season or before NSD1? makes sense for them to hold on to one if they have the option

26 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Saban has absolute shit for a succession plan and his age/health can't simply be ignored forever. He turns 69 in 8 months. He hasn't taken the last 2 years well at all, allegedly. 

still think the answer is going to be Dabo for some hilariously huge number for salary + pool with facility improvements attached to it.

betting the Crimson Tide Foundation or whatever their actual booster fund is has been raising money for years to replace Saban once he decides to leave...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Kyle Flood is Bama’s OL coach now. Fuck that guy for starting Rutgers’ descent into football hell.

1 minute ago, George Clooney said:

Kyle Flood is Bama’s OL coach now. 

I forgot that Key left for GaTech last year. Jesus. The turnover at Bama is too much for me to keep up with. 

2 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

Fuck that guy for starting Rutgers’ descent into football hell.

Who the fuck hires assistant coaches from Rutgers? What a fucking buffoon. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, golfclap said:

I know that shitting on Herman is surly's raison d'etre for 2020

You are either the buck stops with the head man in charge or making excuses for the head man in charge, imo.

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

I forgot that Key left for GaTech last year. Jesus. The turnover at Bama is too much for me to keep up with. 

Who the fuck hires assistant coaches from Rutgers? What a fucking buffoon. 

Alabama can get away with things we do not have the luxury, like shitty hires of friends of friends. Bama's deep pockets, player turnover, and intricate "supplement" program take care of development. We actually need to be able to develop the talent we have here at Texas.

1 minute ago, George Clooney said:

To be fair, Flood did well as an assistant under Schiano. It’ll be interesting to see how he does in Tuscaloosa compared to their former OL coaches.

Agreed, I was just making a Rutgers assistants/Texas joke. I think he'll do really well in Alabama because they have a line full of manbeasts. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

From that household, yes they fucking do. 

I know when I'm stressing the value of academics, I'm taking the kiddos to Auburn, LSU and Bama, that's for sure.

I feel like the Brocks being a white legacy family from a nice suburban private school has turned everyone into Mack Brown style "good kid from a good family" parrots.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pacman said:

You are either the buck stops with the head man in charge or making excuses for the head man in charge, imo.

This is simplistic bullshit of the highest order. I can't believe it didn't end with "period." When does it modulate from being Herman's fault as the head man in charge to CDC? He's the head man in charge, right? Just as it wasn't Mack Brown's fault that Cedric Benson kicked in a fucking door to get a "stolen tv"  back, this isn't a Herman issue. Sometimes people that are under a leader's guidance do things incorrectly. That doesn't make it the leader's choice, nor does it make it his fault. He does have to deal with the consequences because he's the leader. The issue that Blake has with Herb Hand has nothing to do with Herman, his leadership, or his choices outside of the hiring and trusting of said coach. It's not an excuse, it simply is. 

16 minutes ago, pacman said:

Alabama can get away with things we do not have the luxury, like shitty hires of friends of friends. Bama's deep pockets, player turnover, and intricate "supplement" program take care of development. We actually need to be able to develop the talent we have here at Texas.

FFS, it was a fucking Texas/Rutgers assistant joke. Did you honestly think that I called Saban a fucking buffoon? 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean I agree with most of your post, particularly on Blake being as much of a problem as anyone. I don't think your info and other things are mutually exclusive. Hand may be a problem, but I've certainly heard that Blake can't stand Herman, either. So the idea that it will be because of him as opposed to in spite of him doesn't seem right to me. But then again, the only person who's been in those rooms with all those guys together is @Longhorn94¯\_(ツ)_/¯

and that is a TOTALLY true and accurate statement.

• Haha 1

Yeah, Herman can be a moron and I’ve never been any of criticizing him.  However, Blake’s ego needs to be checked.  They held Texas to a higher standard when the staff was very honest about James.  We still offered him and they held that against us when other schools still hadn’t.  Hand is a problem? Yeah okay.... How many OL has Clemson put in the league again?  How many of them offered Luke a PWO?  If he wants to send his kids to Bama to get an absolute shit education so be it.  Saban is just as much of an asshole coach.  How much turnover does Bama have?  They process kids out faster than South Austin’s mom takes a dick.  James will be stuck on their practice squad and Saban will grayshirt him or pull his scholarship with 0 hesitation.  If Blake is stupid enough to fall for that shit, then whatever.  There’s lots of good OL talent this year.  He can go be a helicopter dad somewhere else if he wants.  

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, golfclap said:

This is simplistic bullshit of the highest order. I can't believe it didn't end with "period." When does it modulate from being Herman's fault as the head man in charge to CDC? He's the head man in charge, right? Just as it wasn't Mack Brown's fault that Cedric Benson kicked in a fucking door to get a "stolen tv"  back, this isn't a Herman issue. Sometimes people that are under a leader's guidance do things incorrectly. That doesn't make it the leader's choice, nor does it make it his fault. He does have to deal with the consequences because he's the leader. The issue that Blake has with Herb Hand has nothing to do with Herman, his leadership, or his choices outside of the hiring and trusting of said coach. It's not an excuse, it simply is. 

FFS, it was a fucking Texas/Rutgers assistant joke. Did you honestly think that I called Saban a fucking buffoon? 

spacer.png

Take your pill golfclap

12 minutes ago, victory88 said:

If Blake is stupid enough to fall for that shit, then whatever

I mean, shit happens, and you can't possibly control everything, but I'm gunna give a hard disagree and hell no to "then whatever." Put aside how much Texas can benefit from the BetterBrock being on the field, but outside of a sign of just how much you fucked up losing on a legacy like that, that'll be hammered to death by other schools on the recruiting trail, and for good reason. Would be a terrible fucking look.

But tbh, seeing some of the people who I at the very least semi-trust on here talk, I'm gunna say we'll be fine. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Eh, I'm as critical of the Brocks as anyone but we very much should want to land them

Absolutely.  I’d be pissed if Herman didn’t recruit them all the way through.  But it doesn’t change the fact that the dad is a moron.  Yeah, he has a problem is Herman, but he’s okay with the retard over at LSU coaching up his sons.  Herman is an asshole, so is Saban.  Orgeron is a moron and LSU will go back to being Bama bitch now that Brady and Burrow aren’t there.  Clemson has zero success with OL.  Smart is a moron who has no control over his players.  Herman has already whipped his ass. 

Does the dad really have issues with Hand not staying at a place forever?  Are you going to blame him for making moves to move his career forward?  You’re going to blame him for leaving West Virginia? Or leaving Auburn for Texas?  He got butt hurt about Yancy giving his honest evaluation? 

• Like 2

Super K noted in the OP today that TE Landon King has a sister currently attending UT and should be able to land if we push.  He said the staff is probably going to see what happens with Arroyo before pushing for him.

Also, they said that Brandon Campbell is Earl's grandson?  That's the first time I've seen that.