Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

5 hours ago, achooloco said:

I’m more confused than upset. But depending on a response could go either way. Wtf?

Well, I initially read the part quoted from the Humidor as a bizarre, racially tinged description of coach recruiting areas. So, I tried (evidently very poorly) to satirically paraphrase the quote, using hyperbole to draw attention to the weird racial undertones of the quote. Was intended to make fun of a bizarre quote, not confuse/offend and derail the thread - sorry!

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Waterface said:

Well, I initially read the part quoted from the Humidor as a bizarre, racially tinged description of coach recruiting areas. So, I tried (evidently very poorly) to satirically paraphrase the quote, using hyperbole to draw attention to the weird racial undertones of the quote. Was intended to make fun of a bizarre quote, not confuse/offend and derail the thread - sorry!

I negged you because you used "alot".

Jk, it was because you read race into something that wasn't racial, then made the mistake of thinking you should post about it in the most CR way possible. It had nothing to do with being confused/offended. We got it. Now, go and sin no more (unless you're in the CR because they're all going to hell anyway).

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Waterface said:

"One guy that might be a great fit for the Piney Woods region is linebackers coach Coleman Hutzler. Problem is, he doesn’t know anyone there. At least not yet. Hutzler could help in the SEC's footprint too. We think he could become a good recruiter. Wide receivers coach Andre Coleman might be the utility man, because like Valai, he can blend in a lot of places. He wouldn’t be a stranger in Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, and parts of Texas. He’s the cool cat of the crew."

Hutzler is very, very white. Might just fit in at a Klan rally in this historically racist recruiting area, doesn't know anyone there yet, but he's white and has a history with historically racist recruiting areas, so he'll make friends right quick. Coleman, much like Valai, is a black-skinned person. He's got versatility, namely his blackness with other blacks. Can blend in well. Wouldn't be a stranger in alot of places, provided there are blacks there for him to blend in with. Real cool cat!

Fuck off, waterhead. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Waterface said:

I didn’t do anything after reading your post except roll my eyes. I’m glad you got negged for being a political bitch though. Keep your fucking “everything is about race and I’m going to highlight that to the morons” bullshit far away from here.

You can usually tell when maybe politicizing every single thought isn’t going to go well. If everyone else around you seems a lot smarter than you and isn’t discussing the boring shit that is politics and its slanted hyperbole, then that isn’t the place to break out your dumb fucking tactics of turning something into racially or economically charged nonsense. Go fuck yourself. 

• Like 8

On 2/21/2020 at 10:48 AM, UncleBuck said:

That's the type of deal that's gunna help change Texas for the better. Whatever you think of Herman or whoever the next wave washes in, a mega class of the best who bet on themselves to make that change would be, as the kids say, dope AF, and hard for any coach to fuck up. Kids who buy into themselves as being the difference makers, and not having to go to an Ohio State or wherever to get put into the NFL early.

Good stuff.

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

I like Harris a lot as a commit, but I hope we use him at Jack/DE. I don’t think his skill set fits too well at off-ball LB. 

Suchomel is at the event and posted LB drills.  Cooks looks better in space and changing direction better than Harris.  Cooks and the kid from Arlington (Blackwell) would be a damn good haul at LB.  BTW, here is Blackwell's hudl.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/10147294/5d7f90770660c21278238d21

Also,  the RB we've offered, Jonathan Brooks, is at the camp so maybe we'll get some testing #'s and clips.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Suchomel is at the event and posted LB drills.  Cooks looks better in space and changing direction better than Harris.  Cooks and the kid from Arlington (Blackwell) would be a damn good haul at LB.  BTW, here is Blackwell's hudl.

Also,  the RB we've offered, Jonathan Brooks, is at the camp so maybe we'll get some testing #'s and clips.

He’s decked out in Longhorn gear as well. 

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Cooks and Blackwell are both perfect for off-ball LB and they’re encouraging signs that our current staff knows what to look for at LB. those are the kind of guys that Patterson, Campbell, and Rhule have been turning into All-Big 12 LBs. 

Just now, Burt Macklin said:

Cooks and Blackwell are both perfect for off-ball LB and they’re encouraging signs that our current staff knows what to look for at LB. those are the kind of guys that Patterson, Campbell, and Rhule have been turning into All-Big 12 LBs. 

Yeah, those 2 guys should be priorities.  I know Hutzler has recruited the Georgua area, but those LB offers we've made are pipe dreams until they actually show up on campus.

4 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Cooks has already said he's taking his Texas OV when Harris does.  I wonder if all our commits take OV's at the same time/week.  Maybe JMBLYA or sometime in the summer.

Let's hope the weather holds up this year, it's such an awesome experience for these recruits 

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Cooks was the LB MVP at the Rivals camp today.  Should move him up from #77 in the state on Rivals.

From Rivals.

The recruiting process has taken off recently for Cooks, with Alabama and Georgia the most recent programs to join his offer list. It was easy to see why Cooks’ stock is on the rise after his MVP showing on Sunday. Cooks measured 6-foot-2 and 205 pounds, with a 77-inch wingspan. His performance was consistently dominant throughout Sunday’s play, showing the closing speed to track down running backs, and the agility to stay with tight ends and backs through their routes. He broke up several plays and even had an interception in one-on-one play.

6 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Wells says Texas is in a great spot for qb offer, Sawyer Robertson. He doesn’t do many interviews, Wells is going to post his tomorrow.

Yurcich is right in taking another qb and the faster they can close up shop, the better.

Why is he is right for taking another QB? I honestly have no idea why we think we need another QB. If Milroe is not your guy or does not fit your system, then that is another story altogether. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Wells says Texas is in a great spot for qb offer, Sawyer Robertson. He doesn’t do many interviews, Wells is going to post his tomorrow.

Yurcich is right in taking another qb and the faster they can close up shop, the better.

It's going to be interesting to see how the 25 man class plays out, because it's looking like a position group may not have the number of takes we've been thinking.

QB (2), RB (2), TE (2), OL(5-at least), CB/S (5?).  That's already 16.  Supposedly 3 LB's leaves only 6 spots for DL and WR and it's been suggested we may need up to 4 WR's.  No way we are only taking 2 DL.  Maybe WR gets dropped to 3 and DB to 4?