Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

4 hours ago, someguy said:

I'm sure the program would love for Leitao to transfer.Ā  I just don't think he wants to transfer.Ā  Leitao is a serious student who is majoring in neuroscience and wants a career in medicine.Ā  The knock on him, from a football perspective, is that he is soft and unwilling to play through pain, with minor injuries sidelining him.Ā  I don't see him as a typical guy prioritizing playing time and wanting to transfer for those reasons.Ā  We'll see.

why was he fucking around selling Xanax in highschool?Ā 

All three sites have done their pre-spring rankings updates. Here's the in-state composite rankingsĀ 

1) Tommy Brockermeyer- OT

2) Camar Wheaton- RB

3) Ja'Tavion Sanders- EDGE/HB

4) Savion Byrd- OT

5) Donovan Jackson- Swing OL

6) Billy Bowman- DB/WR

7) Tunmise Adeleye- EDGE/SDE

8') LJ Johnson- RB

9) Preston Stone- QB

10) Bryce Foster- OG

11) JoJo Earle- WR

12) Jalen Milroe- QB

13) Shadrach Banks- WR

14) Marcus Burris- SDE

15) Latrell McCutchin- CB

16) Cody Jackson- WR

17) Garrett Nussmeier- QB

18) Quaydarius Davis- WR

19) Clayton Smith- EDGE

20) Landon Jackson- EDGE

21) Ishmael Ibraheem- CB

22) Dematrius Davis- QB

23) Reuben Fatheree- OT

24) Jaeden Roberts- OG

25) Eli Stowers- QB

26) Derrick Harris Jr- EDGE/LB

27) Kendrick Blackshire- DL

28) J. Michael Sturdivant- WR

29) Sawyer Robertson- QB

30) Theodore Knox- WR

31) Ketron Jackson- WR

32) JD Coffey- S

- I think there are surprisingly few hugly overrated prospects, especially this early in the cycle. Preston Stone is the clear one. I think Milroe, Burris, McCutchin, Blackshire, Stowers, Fatheree, Harris, and K Jackson are all slightly overrated, but nothing to scream about

- Terrence Cooks is the big one who's missing. He probably should be somewhere in the 5-15 range. El Arroyo should be in the top 30, and maybe even into the teens. I'd have James Brock somewhere in the 25-32 range.Ā 

- I'd move Ibraheem, Quay Davis, and Landon Jackson up 5-10 spots each

- My personal rankings at the top right now are T Brockermeyer, Ja'Tavion Sanders, Billy Bowman, Tunmise Adeleye, Donovan Jackson, Terrence Cooks, Savion Byrd, Landon Jackson, Ishmael Ibraheem, LJ Johnston, Camar Wheaton, Bryce Foster,Ā Shadrack Banks, JoJo Earle, Quay Davis, Cody Jackson, Jalen Milroe. The guys on this list not in the top ten would be in most years, but this class is loaded with top ten types, imo.Ā 

Adding the three who I think are missing to make a top 35, here's the area breakdown

DFW- 17 (they have the top four, and seven of the top ten)

Houston- 12

East Texas- 3

Central Texas (Waco down to San Antonio)- 1

West Texas- 1

IMG- 1

Golden Triangle- 0Ā 

Other- 0Ā 

This is a loaded DFW + Houston year, and a weak Central Texas/Golden Triangle/Other yearĀ 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Fud said:

All three sites have done their pre-spring rankings updates. Here's the in-state composite rankingsĀ 

1) Tommy Brockermeyer- OT

2) Camar Wheaton- RB

3) Ja'Tavion Sanders- EDGE/HB

4) Savion Byrd- OT

5) Donovan Jackson- Swing OL

6) Billy Bowman- DB/WR

7) Tunmise Adeleye- EDGE/SDE

8') LJ Johnson- RB

9) Preston Stone- QB

10) Bryce Foster- OG

11) JoJo Earle- WR

12) Jalen Milroe- QB

13) Shadrach Banks- WR

14) Marcus Burris- SDE

15) Latrell McCutchin- CB

16) Cody Jackson- WR

17) Garrett Nussmeier- QB

18) Quaydarius Davis- WR

19) Clayton Smith- EDGE

20) Landon Jackson- EDGE

21) Ishmael Ibraheem- CB

22) Dematrius Davis- QB

23) Reuben Fatheree- OT

24) Jaeden Roberts- OG

25) Eli Stowers- QB

26) Derrick Harris Jr- EDGE/LB

27) Kendrick Blackshire- DL

28) J. Michael Sturdivant- WR

29) Sawyer Robertson- QB

30) Theodore Knox- WR

31) Ketron Jackson- WR

32) JD Coffey- S

- I think there are surprisingly few hugly overrated prospects, especially this early in the cycle. Preston Stone is the clear one. I think Milroe, Burris, McCutchin, Blackshire, Stowers, Fatheree, Harris, and K Jackson are all slightly overrated, but nothing to scream about

- Terrence Cooks is the big one who's missing. He probably should be somewhere in the 5-15 range. El Arroyo should be in the top 30, and maybe even into the teens. I'd have James Brock somewhere in the 25-32 range.Ā 

- I'd move Ibraheem, Quay Davis, and Landon Jackson up 5-10 spots each

- My personal rankings at the top right now are T Brockermeyer, Ja'Tavion Sanders, Billy Bowman, Tunmise Adeleye, Donovan Jackson, Terrence Cooks, Savion Byrd, Landon Jackson, Ishmael Ibraheem, LJ Johnston, Camar Wheaton, Bryce Foster,Ā Shadrack Banks, JoJo Earle, Quay Davis, Cody Jackson, Jalen Milroe. The guys on this list not in the top ten would be in most years, but this class is loaded with top ten types, imo.Ā 

Adding the three who I think are missing to make a top 35, here's the area breakdown

DFW- 17 (they have the top four, and seven of the top ten)

Houston- 12

East Texas- 3

Central Texas (Waco down to San Antonio)- 1

West Texas- 1

IMG- 1

Golden Triangle- 0Ā 

Other- 0Ā 

This is a loaded DFW + Houston year, and a weak Central Texas/Golden Triangle/Other yearĀ 

Good stuff. You hit most of the ones that stood out to me too.

Iā€™d say the composite is overrating Wheaton (quite a bit), Byrd (not drastically), Stone (a ton), McCutchin (just lol), Fatheree (way too many question marks about his height, flexibility, movement, ability to anchor, etc.), Coffey (going to keep fading).Ā 

Underrated: 16-21, except the QB and Theo Knox.Ā 

Cooks, Arroyo, J Brock, Jordon Thomas, Mukuba,Ā and Shemar Turner should all be in there. Probably Harmon too.Ā I havenā€™t seen any of him so itā€™s hard to say, but 247 having Salter at 12 makes me think he should probably be top 32 also. Same for Cullen Montgomery. If OUā€™s taking him at OT, he should probably be top 32.Ā 

• Like 1

It'll be interesting to see what Rivals and ESPN do with Kaidon Salter of Cedar Hill. Rivals has him as the 60th best prospect in Texas. On ESPN, he is an unranked three-star; while 247 has him 12th in Texas, and 89th nationally.

247 ranks off of "NFL potential," so they must think a lot of this guy when there are so many other good QB prospects in Texas for 2021. It's weird to me that he's ranked so high when his best offers are Arkansas, Auburn, Baylor, Georgia Tech, Mich. State, USCe, UCLA, and Utah. I don't get the disconnect. It's not like he's at a small school, either.

https://247sports.com/Player/Kaidon-Salter-46055521/

Edited by MuellerHorn

5 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Good stuff. You hit most of the ones that stood out to me too.

Iā€™d say the composite is overrating Wheaton (quite a bit), Byrd (not drastically), Stone (a ton), McCutchin (just lol), Fatheree (way too many question marks about his height, flexibility, movement, ability to anchor, etc.), Coffey (going to keep fading).Ā 

Underrated: 16-21, except the QB and Theo Knox.Ā 

Cooks, Arroyo, J Brock, Jordon Thomas, Mukuba,Ā and Shemar Turner should all be in there. Probably Harmon too.Ā I havenā€™t seen any of him so itā€™s hard to say, but 247 having Salter at 12 makes me think he should probably be top 32 also. Same for Cullen Montgomery. If OUā€™s taking him at OT, he should probably be top 32.Ā 

Yeah, Wheaton is a little overrated, should have mentioned that. I think RBs get overvalued in the rankings, except for the truly elite types, like Bijan, and having Johnson/Wheaton lower than the consensus is more along the lines of the my thinking that the position is overvalued in general and really liking the guys ahead of them than me having a knock on Johnson/Wheaton; I just don't see those two as elite right now

I really liked Byrd's sophomore hudl, so I'm keeping him high for now, despite him struggling at a camp. He was dominant at left tackle as an underweight sophomore in 6A football, he's about as athletic as you'll ever seen an OL, he plays through the whistle, and he's nasty. Biggest concern is length, and I don't have any info there.Ā 

Haven't seen Mukaba yet.Ā 

I'm meh on Montgomery, and have Conner way ahead of him.Ā 

12 minutes ago, Fud said:

Yeah, Wheaton is a little overrated, should have mentioned that. I think RBs get overvalued in the rankings, except for the truly elite types, like Bijan, and having Johnson/Wheaton lower than the consensus is more along the lines of the my thinking that the position is overvalued in general and really liking the guys ahead of them than me having a knock on Johnson/Wheaton; I just don't see those two as elite right now

I really liked Byrd's sophomore hudl, so I'm keeping him high for now, despite him struggling at a camp. He was dominant at left tackle as an underweight sophomore in 6A football, he's about as athletic as you'll ever seen an OL, he plays through the whistle, and he's nasty. Biggest concern is length, and I don't have any info there.Ā 

Haven't seen Mukaba yet.Ā 

I'm meh on Montgomery, and have Conner way ahead of him.Ā 

Yeah, Iā€™d like to see more of Byrd. Only having sophomore hudl is tough to form a strong opinion, but I just havenā€™t seen enough from him to rank him 4th in state, though I do think his ceiling is extremely high. If he plays LT this year, then Iā€™m sure my opinion will change based on that.Ā 
Ā 

Interesting to hear on Montgomery. I havenā€™t watched any of his film, so I was just deferringĀ to Bedenbaugh on that one.Ā 

Eric Nahlin: Fridays in the Humidor

By: Justin Wells and Eric Nahlin

TEAM

In recent months Tom Herman's Texas staff has undergone as much reconstruction as DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium's south endzone. In all the change, Herman wanted to prioritize coaching acumen and accountability. We noted accountability and meritocracy were lacking last season. You saw the lacking coaching acumen with your own eyes. Ever been a Texas football player? Maybe not. Ever been to detention? Then you potentially may have something in common with a current Longhorn.

If a current member of the team were to say, be late (past a certain point) or miss a class or miss team function, there are repercussions. They arenā€™t overly punitive, but they are inconvenient for a college football player living in Austin. The first and second transgression is on the individual player, after that, it's on his entire position group. This is Accountability School, which will surely end up on some resumes. Proud graduate of UT's Accountability Program.

After a few transgressions, and if the point still isn't getting home, your family may lose access to tickets or you could be in line for a number change. So if you see, e.g., Kobe Boyce with the #38, you'll know why. Okay, that's a bad example. But you get the point, non-compliance is going to result with a player wearing a walk-on number as a scarlet letter. No offense to the walk-ons. Herman wants his players taking more ownership, and with this methodology, leaders can't just lead by example. They have to confront.

Itā€™s easy to stay out of Accountability School as long as you do what you're supposed to. For this reason the players seem to have no real qualm. At least not yet. Something college staffs do during this part of the calendar is visit other schools to see how they operate on a day-to-day. I'm told Tom Herman will soon do just that with......Brian Kelly at Notre Dame. It'll be a sharing session of successful methods between two storied programs. (we already know what the comments will be here smh)

Player oriented portion:

Most of this is subjective from a team source, but there is a good note or two. We'll start with that.

WR: We didn't know who exactly was set to replace Collin Johnson at boundary receiver, but that appears to be Brennan Eagles' job for the taking. My source on this said he thinks Eagles is the most talented receiver on the roster. "Fast, quick, strong, the whole package." He mentioned, "Jake will be in the slot, and he's probably the fastest. If it isn't him it's Josh Moore who will head into the spring at Z. Marcus Washington will compete with Moore. Whittington will compete with Jake." I mentioned Whittington looked like he was moving well and he said he was, though still not fully back. If you read Cook's informative piece on Andre Coleman you'll know positions will be more interchangeable. Expect some tinkering. Right off the bat this unit will be better vertically than in 2019.

RB: I asked who the best running back is. "Ingram is the most talented. But he's not himself half the time. When he's healthy he makes people look foolish. Roschon is more reliable but not as naturally gifted. We'll see what Bijan brings. Hopefully he's a combination of the two."

TE: "I think it's going to be Wiley's year. Liebrock is the best route runner but Wiley's the most well-rounded. He can block, he's getting stronger, and he can run. They'll get him more consistent." The question here will be, is Wiley a good enough blocker to off-set going four-wide? Or can they just do both and be unpredictable and multi-faceted?

OL: Who will be the second best OL? "I think Angilau but you have Kerstetter too. Angilau works really hard, is strong and aggressive, and he can move. The left side should be really good."

DL: Who is the best DL? "Outside, Ossai, but don't forget about Jacoby Jones. He'll be good. Inside I'd give the nod to Graham because he's the most well-rounded but Coburn can do things Graham can't. Graham is better now but Coburn will pass him at some point."

LB: Best linebacker has to be Juwan? "It's Juwan. Everyone else is hurt or young. Overshown will be the guy next to Mitchell in the spring. That'll be interesting to see how he does against the run."

DB: Best non-corner? "Probably Caden. He didn't really show it last year because of injuries but he played well when he returned. He's not the best right now but they love Adimora and Tyler Owens is a freak. They might be a year away, though."

CB: Best corner? "I give the nod to Jalen Green but it's close. I think he's the most complete. They really want to see what Josh Thompson does there."

I mentioned to our source that WRs and CBs both received upgrades at coaching (I know that's the case for sure at WR but we have to see it at CB). What will that do to competition? "Hopefully we see the talent shine on both sides. I'm telling you these guys are talented. A big step will be the cornerbacks playing the ball in the air better. That was a problem last year going into the season. Hopefully that's fixed in the spring. You have to trust your technique." Under-reported: UT's wide receivers couldn't beat press and the corners were rarely asked to press. Both sides should improve immediately this spring.

STATE OF RECRUITING

With the dead period ending on Sunday, you can expect the staff to host a bunch of top targets over the months of March and April. Coaches can't visit high schools until April, so I wouldn't be surprised to see some significant names make the visit to Austin over the next four weeks. I think the Junior Days in March are a thing of the past. Those have probably been replaced by Elite Day weekends in January. Nevertheless, March will be more business as usual. The first full weekend (3/6/-3/7) and the last weekend (3/27-3/28) could see a solid number of dudes. Those last few days in March are the Texas Relays, which not only bring prospects on the track but also in football.

We've confirmed with a handful of prospects that they'll be in Austin over the next few months. Garrett Nussmeier (QB, Flower Mound Marcus), Donovan Edwards (West Bloomfield, MI), Jaylin Smith (Bishop Alemany/Mission Hills, CA), and Tony Grimes (Princess Anne/Virginia Beach, VA) are just a few of the highly-sought that'll see campus. And don't forget 247's top running back in the 2021 cycle, TreVeyon Henderson. The five-star from Hopewell (VA) with 39 offers and counting, will take an official visit in April.

With six commitments in the bag, including newly anointed five-star defensive end Ja'Tavion Sanders (Denton Ryan), Texas sits at No. 6 on ESPN's 2021 class rankings. Texas is also in good standing with a handful of upper tier targets who are receving national attention. This is significant because it'll be a tall task generating momentum before South Florida rides into DKR on September 5th. A win over the reigning champs, LSU, in Baton Rouge the next week would certainly be the best-case scenario to prove to the 2021 class that Tom Herman has the program on the right trajectory after all.

Terrence Cooks: the Shadow Creek four-star LB is watching his stock soar after helping the Sharks win the 5A DI title in December over a loaded Denton Ryan squad. Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, and Oregon have offered possibly the best linebacker in-state for the 2021 class. He had glowing quotes after his UT offer late in 2019. He added purely positive vibes during his UOV to Austin in January. At this point, it's safe to say Texas is the team to beat. For a team starved for talented LBs, this is huge. He'll be in Norman this weekend but we feel good about UT's chances.

Jordon Thomas: the four-star defensive end from Port Arthur Memorial visited in January and that visit put Texas back on top. From the early stages of his recruitment, Thomas has had three schools push harder than the rest; Texas A&M, LSU, and Texas. Those remain his favorites, but sources tell me Thomas might be leaning Texas. Thomas wants to take a few visits this spring and getting back to Austin is a priority. A commitment decision over the next few months wouldn't surprise me here. Texas holds a slight lead but he tends to fluctuate based on the school he's most recently visited. We'd guess Texas in the end, though.

When talking to others about who could commit next in UT's Class of 2021, Hallettsville running back Jonathon Brooks is the name I hear the most. He might be the uncovered jewel of the cycle, and despite his Texas offer, is still flying relatively low on the radar. Taking Brooks early tells me Texas is taking two in this cycle, which we've mentioned, but it allows the staff to be judicious with its final spot. It probably doesn't hurt you with LJ Johnson (Cy-Fair), Camar Wheaton (Lakeview Centennial), and TreVeyon Henderson (Hopewell, VA) either. All regard themselves as No. 1 tailbacks.

About Landon Jackson, the two-time state champion from Pleasant Grove HS in Texarkana, his hardwood teammates recently went down in overtime to Chapel Hill this week in the 4A playoffs. Jackson, who isn't used to losing, took it like a champ and the 6-foot-5, 245-pound DE/OLB will now focus on offseason football and T&F. He has two OVs set soon - A&M and LSU. He said Ohio State might get his third official in April. It still looks like Texas will get his last OV, likely in June. And I still like UT's chances in pursuit of the Aggie legacy. The Oscar Giles/four-man front sell is working. So is the allure of playing opposite of Sanders.

Regarding Bram Walden, the 6-foot-4, 275-pound four-star offensive lineman from Saguaro (Scottsdale, AZ) with 20+ offers is another who wants to see UT's campus. Walden is hearing from most of the west coast, Michigan, Texas A&M, and Florida State. Even though I'm hearing Oregon is the team to beat, Herman's luck with Raising Arizona prospects can't be undersold. But seriously, Walden has a genuine interest in the Horns. Get him on campus and make it real.

One of UT's top QB targets in 2021, Sawyer Robertson from Lubbock Coronado, is taking an unofficial visit to Mississippi State this weekend. As we mentioned in the Scoop, the four-star signal-caller is enamored with new MSU coach Mike Leach, who offered him back at Wazzu. Leach and his staff laid the foundation in this recruitment early, but UT's offer and subsequent pursuit really caught his attention. Knowing Mike Yurcich from his Ohio State days also helps the Horns, but this is one I'm watching closely. He's stated he'd like to take his time and his officials, and with UT near the top of his list, you'd think he'll see DKR before he makes a big decision.

The big board is beginning to crystallize and will continue to do so over the next two months.

Find me on Twitter @EricNahlin, or the Red Lion

Ā 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Ā 

Another offseason, another year of underserved hype for Taquon Graham. The only logical explanation is that hisĀ uncleā€™sĀ paying off the $9.95ers. Either that or heā€™s got nudes of all of them, but I donā€™t think a human being can keep functioning once itā€™s seen Ketch naked. T&P for Ketchā€™s wife and all those unfortunate souls that come across his grindr.Ā Ā 
Ā 
TQā€™s nowhere near as good as Coburn and he might be the 4th best DTĀ on the roster after Ojomo and Sweat.Ā 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 6

19 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Most of this is subjective from a team source, but there is a good note or two.

There are two options here -- the source is either an offensive QC/Analyst (or one of Chang's guys perhaps) or more likely this is all made up wishcasted nonsense. The defensive takes are an absolute 180 from what you hear from the players. TQ is a good depth guy but Coburn is a different animal and not a single player would say otherwise. Not one.Ā No one on the defensive side would say "probably Caden", are you fucking shitting me? Josh Thompson would never come up before Jamison - esp if players were the source.Ā 

utter. nonsense.Ā 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, golfclap said:

There are two options here -- the source is either an offensive QC/Analyst (or one of Chang's guys perhaps) or more likely this is all made up wishcasted nonsense. The defensive takes are an absolute 180 from what you hear from the players. TQ is a good depth guy but Coburn is a different animal and not a single player would say otherwise. Not one.Ā No one on the defensive side would say "probably Caden", are you fucking shitting me? Josh Thompson would never come up before Jamison - esp if players were the source.Ā 

utter. nonsense.Ā 

IT has always pumped Thompson with little to no basis for it and they were high on TQ, so Iā€™d bet the guys whoā€™ve been making up fake insiders for years are just throwing out their wish casting as sourced info.Ā 

15 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

IT has always pumped Thompson with little to no basis for it and they were high on TQ, so Iā€™d bet the guys whoā€™ve been making up fake insiders for years are just throwing out their wish casting as sourced info.Ā 

The Justin Wells East Texas treatmentĀ 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, golfclap said:

utter. nonsense.Ā 

I thought it was pretty obvious that Meekins was a main source, and the Humidor reads like they're still searching for a replacement.Ā 

55 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Fwiw, Super K has been saying similar over the past monthĀ 

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

Hmm maybe that line is being pushed by the staff. Itā€™s be a shame if that was the case. TQ shouldnā€™t be keeping Ojomo or Sweat off the fieldsĀ 

Talking about Josh Thompson. Super K was pushing the line the last two months or so that Thompson might be a starter at corner (which I don't buy)Ā 

3 hours ago, satyanash said:

Ā 

Itā€™s still hard to believe that we had a problem with accountability from the staff and players in year 3 of this regime.Ā This is Mack Brown type of shit, except he had won 10 games like 13 years straight and went to 2 championship games. Who the fuck do these people think they are? Mainly Iā€™m referring to the coaches. 18-22 year old males will generally get away with whatever you allow. What a bunch of delusional jackasses.Ā 

Another offseason, another year of underserved hype for Taquon Graham. The only logical explanation is that hisĀ uncleā€™sĀ paying off the $9.95ers. Either that or heā€™s got nudes of all of them, but I donā€™t think a human being can keep functioning once itā€™s seen Ketch naked. T&P for Ketchā€™s wife and all those unfortunate souls that come across his grindr.Ā Ā 
Ā 
TQā€™s nowhere near as good as Coburn and he might be the 4th best DTĀ on the roster after Ojomo and Sweat.Ā 

That whole report was simply a regurgitation of what joe football fan would think based upon watching games and rumors about players. There was actually little to no real depth to the comments and looks to me like the whole report is made up. A lot of the information presented might be true, because a lot of it is obvious, but not because they have a source with any deep insights.

utter. nonsense.Ā 

Holy crap just read this after I posted.

3 hours ago, GRHorn said:

Itā€™s still hard to believe that we had a problem with accountability from the staff and players in year 3 of this regime.Ā This is Mack Brown type of shit, except he had won 10 games like 13 years straight and went to 2 championship games. Who the fuck do these people think they are? Mainly Iā€™m referring to the coaches. 18-22 year old males will generally get away with whatever you allow. What a bunch of delusional jackasses.Ā 

I honestly think that Big Cigar HumidorĀ stuff is completely made up.Ā 

2 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

What on Earth is there to be upset about? Epps should be buried on the depth chart/never see the field at WR.Ā 

"Epps is 6' 6", 245 lbs according to his roster page. That's DE size, but certainly not LB size. So I guess the 'Epps to TE' experiment ran its course? WTF is going on?"

- @satyanash

14 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Idk, satya is having a meltdown over it in the football thread so we might be in trouble.

Also tex,Ā Ā Iā€™m considering negging you all way to Bolivia because I went to the fucking football board because of this post.Ā I donā€™tĀ know how you guys do it. I couldnā€™t do it. You Braveheart, man.Ā 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Have you met Satya? He ejaculates to bad news, then he gets really upset that he got off and experienced pleasure.Ā 

I realize he masterbates to bad news I just do not even know how one can view this as bad news. Unless he held out hope that somehow the guy who would get jammed by 5ā€10 corners would make it playing on the line?Ā Ā If he did he is just a fucking dumb ass.Ā 

I remember when we debated if we would take 6-7 OLĀ in this class because of how deep the position was in state and how we led for all of the top prospects. I argued we should have taken 5 in 2020 because of the lead time required to develop this position and the whole bird in the hand concept. Itā€™s one thing for us fansĀ to smell our own farts but I just wish our coaches would be a little more honest with themselves.Ā 
Ā