Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

From TFLoss.  Sounds like Mukuba is interested.  Just hope he doesn't hang around McCutchin to much.

Per The Football Brainiacs, S Andrew Mukuba of Austin LBJ will be at spring practice on March 24th.

His teammate, CB Latrell McCutchin, doesn't have Texas in his Top 5.

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Roach has an article on this guy about visitng soon.  Was being recruited by Ash at Rutgers and visited them several times, so this one might actually be a possibility since we he knows Ash.

https://247sports.com/player/aaron-armitage-46076604/

Blair is quite a tony high school. Academics should help us here.

20 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Roach has an article on this guy about visitng soon.  Was being recruited by Ash at Rutgers and visited them several times, so this one might actually be a possibility since we he knows Ash.

https://247sports.com/player/aaron-armitage-46076604/

I think he ends up at Ohio State if they push, but I doubt that happens because they higher priorities. He's probably wide open, and Schiano needs to land him and other in state targets badly if he wants to get out of the B1G cellar. I think Texas has a good chance if they recruit him like a priority.

TFB update on TreVeyon Henderson titled: "Boulware set it up & Drayton knocked it out of the park"

Spoiler

Last year, when I stopped by to see Bijan Robinson, Texas had just offered Robinson. Meanwhile, Boulware and the Sooners had been recruiting him for a year. This, despite the fact that they already had Jase McClellan committed and we’re in a good spot with Seth McGowan.

Boulware, apparently brought that same go get em attitude to Texas. One of his first orders of business was to get the Sooners involved with TreVeyon Henderson. Why Texas wasn’t recruiting him before, I don’t know. I mean, Drayton just showed you that he can land the number one back in the country.

Boulware tested the waters and things were the right temperature, “You know the running back coach was at Oklahoma first and then he went back to Texas and he told the running back coach about me. He thought I might not be interested because he thought I was really stuck on Oklahoma when he was there. But I got on the phone with the running backs coach”.

So, how did that go?

“We talked for almost forty minutes. It was one of the realest conversations I’ve had for real”.

Tre went on, “We didn’t even really initially talk about football at all. It was more about life after football and life skills…things like that”. Drayton clearly read the room well because Henderson’s thirst to be successful in life is central to his work ethic.

Tre has yet to meet Drayton but Drayton told Tre that he will be out to see him during the spring evaluation period. It’s worth noting that the in-roads Drayton has quickly made for Texas in this recruitment is without having met Tre…and without having been involved for a long time…and without a head coach who has been recruiting Tre for a year. Oklahoma has been there multiple times, they’ve been recruiting Tre for a year and Lincoln Riley has been personally recruiting Tre. And Drayton has managed to do the same thing the Sooners will get…

…an official visit from Tre. I emphasize all this to add to the argument that Texas needs to expand their out of a state recruitment.

In terms of an official visit, Tre says that he is considering the possibility of taking his visit for the Spring Game or pushing it to the May weekend that coincides with the JMBLYA event.

Tre currently has four official visits set up: Texas, Michigan, OU and LSU. He says he will take all his official visits this spring and summer because he wants to announce his decision before the season.

Tre doesn’t strike me as the type of young man to get caught up in the recruitment process. You’re talking about a young man who hasn’t made less than an A in a class since middle school. He’s the star football player and runs tracks where his coaches project he will run somewhere in the 10.4 to 10.6 arena. He ran a sub 11 last year without any training!

Henderson is also scheduled to graduate early.

Tre didn’t really offer any lead schools or even note which schools are recruiting him the hardest but he has already had visits to Michigan, Clemson, Penn State and others. I sense that those three, as well as the schools he is taking official visits to are players (Michigan will be a second visit).

Henderson’s coach did note to me that Tre’s official visits aren’t necessarily his leaders. They’re obviously schools he’s considering but he’s choosing not use his official visits on schools he’s able to get to on an unofficial visit – like Penn State and Clemson.

If I had to venture a guess I’d say schools to watch are those he’s mentioned like: UVA, Michigan, Clemson, Penn State, Oklahoma, Texas, and LSU. He is still scheduling one more official visit.

A little early for the "knocked it out of the park" jargon, but mark that one on your 9.95 bingo card kids.

giphy.gif

43 minutes ago, nycHorn said:

TFB update on TreVeyon Henderson titled: "Boulware set it up & Drayton knocked it out of the park"

Hide contents

Last year, when I stopped by to see Bijan Robinson, Texas had just offered Robinson. Meanwhile, Boulware and the Sooners had been recruiting him for a year. This, despite the fact that they already had Jase McClellan committed and we’re in a good spot with Seth McGowan.

Boulware, apparently brought that same go get em attitude to Texas. One of his first orders of business was to get the Sooners involved with TreVeyon Henderson. Why Texas wasn’t recruiting him before, I don’t know. I mean, Drayton just showed you that he can land the number one back in the country.

Boulware tested the waters and things were the right temperature, “You know the running back coach was at Oklahoma first and then he went back to Texas and he told the running back coach about me. He thought I might not be interested because he thought I was really stuck on Oklahoma when he was there. But I got on the phone with the running backs coach”.

So, how did that go?

“We talked for almost forty minutes. It was one of the realest conversations I’ve had for real”.

Tre went on, “We didn’t even really initially talk about football at all. It was more about life after football and life skills…things like that”. Drayton clearly read the room well because Henderson’s thirst to be successful in life is central to his work ethic.

Tre has yet to meet Drayton but Drayton told Tre that he will be out to see him during the spring evaluation period. It’s worth noting that the in-roads Drayton has quickly made for Texas in this recruitment is without having met Tre…and without having been involved for a long time…and without a head coach who has been recruiting Tre for a year. Oklahoma has been there multiple times, they’ve been recruiting Tre for a year and Lincoln Riley has been personally recruiting Tre. And Drayton has managed to do the same thing the Sooners will get…

…an official visit from Tre. I emphasize all this to add to the argument that Texas needs to expand their out of a state recruitment.

In terms of an official visit, Tre says that he is considering the possibility of taking his visit for the Spring Game or pushing it to the May weekend that coincides with the JMBLYA event.

Tre currently has four official visits set up: Texas, Michigan, OU and LSU. He says he will take all his official visits this spring and summer because he wants to announce his decision before the season.

Tre doesn’t strike me as the type of young man to get caught up in the recruitment process. You’re talking about a young man who hasn’t made less than an A in a class since middle school. He’s the star football player and runs tracks where his coaches project he will run somewhere in the 10.4 to 10.6 arena. He ran a sub 11 last year without any training!

Henderson is also scheduled to graduate early.

Tre didn’t really offer any lead schools or even note which schools are recruiting him the hardest but he has already had visits to Michigan, Clemson, Penn State and others. I sense that those three, as well as the schools he is taking official visits to are players (Michigan will be a second visit).

Henderson’s coach did note to me that Tre’s official visits aren’t necessarily his leaders. They’re obviously schools he’s considering but he’s choosing not use his official visits on schools he’s able to get to on an unofficial visit – like Penn State and Clemson.

If I had to venture a guess I’d say schools to watch are those he’s mentioned like: UVA, Michigan, Clemson, Penn State, Oklahoma, Texas, and LSU. He is still scheduling one more official visit.

A little early for the "knocked it out of the park" jargon, but mark that one on your 9.95 bingo card kids.

giphy.gif

"Drayton is really great at recruiting when he actually remembers to try and recruit kids. Or when someone forces him to pick up the phone."

• Like 2

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

"Drayton is really great at recruiting when he actually remembers to try and recruit kids. Or when someone forces him to pick up the phone."

Yep. Our best hope at this point is that the Henderson recruitment turns into Bijan 2.0. I’m not optimistic on Johnson and I don’t trust Drayton to go build relationships with other good backup plans. He was a stud volume recruiter under Meyer. But he doesn’t seem motivated to do that at this point in his career and Herman is failing as a manager by not requiring him to be more proactive. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yep. Our best hope at this point is that the Henderson recruitment turns into Bijan 2.0. I’m not optimistic on Johnson and I don’t trust Drayton to go build relationships with other good backup plans. He was a stud volume recruiter under Meyer. But he doesn’t seem motivated to do that at this point in his career and Herman is failing as a manager by not requiring him to be more proactive. 

expect to see Boulwares name to be attached to a lot of RB targets. 

looks like Drayton is just sitting back on the name hes made for himself. 

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Or when someone directly hands him the phone with a recruit on the line. 

• Like 1

On 3/3/2020 at 4:52 PM, Elmer_Fudd said:

From TFLoss.  Sounds like Mukuba is interested.  Just hope he doesn't hang around McCutchin to much.

FWIW, a few weeks ago Carrington retweeted Mukuba's post about his ACT score: 30.  Probably serious about playing school in addition to playing football.  Maybe Texas replicates the pitch that convinced Hayden Connor to commit.  Adjusting for position coach, of course.

44 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Not to be that guy, but any faces beyond the ones that have posted on Twitter? (Also, minor props to Roach for using a Florida UT player as the gif)

- Mario Williams

- Agiye Hall

- Brashard Smith

- Bralon Brown

- Bryce Langston

- Trevonte Rucker

- Brandon Inniss

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ben Ficus said:

FWIW, a few weeks ago Carrington retweeted Mukuba's post about his ACT score: 30.  Probably serious about playing school in addition to playing football.  Maybe Texas replicates the pitch that convinced Hayden Connor to commit.  Adjusting for position coach, of course.

A 30 on the ACT is some serious shit.

10 minutes ago, Getafix said:

- Mario Williams

- Agiye Hall

- Brashard Smith

- Bralon Brown

- Bryce Langston

- Trevonte Rucker

- Brandon Inniss

Langston issued a top 5 a few months ago:  Florida, Georgia, LSU, Oregon, Penn Stage.

4 hours ago, Ben Ficus said:

Coach on the field.

wait I did that wrong

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Not to be that guy, but any faces beyond the ones that have posted on Twitter? (Also, minor props to Roach for using a Florida UT player as the gif)

So if you're not "that guy", who are you??

This Guy??

giphy.gif 

Or...

giphy.gif

Or This Guy...

giphy.gif