Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

2 hours ago, jeevsie said:

People, on this day last year, the 2020 thread was at 209 pages.

Do you really think this effort will get us to 1000 pages?

On this day last year, we were under the assumption that beating the snot out of Georgia in the Sugar Bowl actually meant something long term for the program. And on this day two years ago, somebody joked about Bru McCoy maybe considering Texas, hahaha.

1,000 pages won't write themselves, but on the other hand, the scenarios, both good and bad, that could lead to such an eventuality are almost too limitless to count. I'd settle for a playoff run coupled with a nice, boring 750 pages, personally. Top 5 recruiting class with next-to-no surprises? Yeah, that sounds pretty good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

That's, uh, not how GPAs usually work.

GPA's across high schools in Texas can be a mess. There's the original 4 point scale, 6 point scale, 8 point scale, and 100 point scales that I'm aware of. For grade reporting purposes on the college side, most grades that aren't 4 point are recalculated to fit that scale.

40 minutes ago, angelfacedmongoloid said:

GPA's across high schools in Texas can be a mess. There's the original 4 point scale, 6 point scale, 8 point scale, and 100 point scales that I'm aware of. For grade reporting purposes on the college side, most grades that aren't 4 point are recalculated to fit that scale.

We had a 9 point scale when I was in high school. And I graduated with a 9.5, which sounds great until you compare it to our Valedictorian's 10.8.

On a 9 scale.

Not only is math hard, in Kingsville, Texas, it's damned near impossible.

• Like 1

I feel like I missed a page. We have a whole 7 team of top Florida prospects visiting and only a couple of posts about it? Think there’s been more talk of Cecil “popped my” cherry than this news. Or just redirect me to the page with linked profiles and discussion filled with sunshine or doom that normally happens...thanks!

Just now, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I feel like I missed a page. We have a whole 7 team of top Florida prospects visiting and only a couple of posts about it? Think there’s been more talk of Cecil “popped my” cherry than this news. Or just redirect me to the page with linked profiles and discussion filled with sunshine or doom that normally happens...thanks!

They're an Adidas team that's mostly in Texas to pick up their bags from Coley at aggy. The only one that's been substantively linked with us before this is Mario Williams, and he likes OU more than us. 

We'll have to see a bit more engagement before really getting stoked.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, texifornia said:

They're an Adidas team that's mostly in Texas to pick up their bags from Coley at aggy. The only one that's been substantively linked with us before this is Mario Williams, and he likes OU more than us. 

We'll have to see a bit more engagement before really getting stoked.

Isn't Cooper visiting separately?

Time for the Giles/Hagan recruiting monster to awaken (though it looks like Valai is our OOS 7v7 team conduit, which checks out).

Langston goes to Ocala Vanguard, so maybe Justin Watkins told him how awesome UT is in the 5 seconds he was a) enrolled at that school and b) not in juvi/prison

https://247sports.com/Player/Bryce-Langston-46050326/

Edited by texifornia

21 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

With the canceling of SXSW and the general panicking over the virus, how soon before we see recruits backing out of visits? Don’t think I’ve seen it yet.

Eh, the Florida kids have their flights and all booked. And it's not like there's anything going on in ATX now to freak out about.

2 hours ago, victory88 said:

Listening to the Mike Roach podcast, seems like Quay wants to commit to Texas but take more visits.  Seems like Texas wants him in the class but doesn’t want another commit and decommit situation.  “Situation is fluid”.

"Situation is fluid" sounds like a bit in an old Mel Brooks movie... Harrumph!! 😁

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

I for one, am excited about the geographical discussions this turn of recruiting events will spur.

Greenwood, IN to Austin, TX is roughly 1100 miles by auto.

Lot of recruits that Hoosier could pick up along the way..

Or are we done with recruits having car trouble/not having a ride?

From TFLoss.  Commit watch with Thomas?  And lulz at Texags and/or Perroni saying they heard Thomas had no plans returning to Texas.  Any idea who the other one could be?

Per 24/7, DE Jordon Thomas of Port Arthur Memorial is on campus tonight.

They are working on confirming another big visitor.

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

From TFLoss.  Commit watch with Thomas?  And lulz at Texags and/or Perroni saying they heard Thomas had no plans returning to Texas.  Any idea who the other one could be?

Per 24/7, DE Jordon Thomas of Port Arthur Memorial is on campus tonight.

They are working on confirming another big visitor.

36 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

aggy mods are already typing up the “Jimbo passed on him. He’s gonna go find better DL in Florida and New Jersey” posts. 

"It's their consolation because they know they're not getting Landon Jackson and the Denton Ryan kids are looking around"

On 3/6/2020 at 6:52 AM, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Anecdotal evidence that Juan Davis is good

Wish his team had someone that could play QB so we could see just how good he'd look at TE.  His highlights look like he has no talent at all around him and they snap the ball to him to try and make plays.