Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

16 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Hmm... Casey didn't mention his position coach Andre Coleman at all in the Rivals interview. Hopefully Yurcich is right about his assessment of Cain's WR talent.

Casey:  "They (Texas) usually don't recruit wide receivers out-of-state, but Mike Yurcich would text me and call me every day. He felt I was a sleeper so I guess that's why they went all out ... 

Coach Yurcich explained specifically how he wanted to use me in his offense, so I couldn't complain. Also, I'm not a big fan of recruiting. I was relieved I found the school for me... At Texas, I'll be able to be a back-side receiver or outside receiver where I can win 1-on-1 matchups and force a safety to play over the top because I'm a deep threat. They also plan to move me around, play in the slot, to utilize my route-running."

Most recent thing I've come across for Andre Coleman -- Dude needs to get off his ass and recruit!!

8 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Most recent thing I've come across for Andre Coleman -- Dude needs to get off his ass and recruit!!

I mean, I don’t disagree with you but citing a tweet from yesterday when someone in his position group committed isn’t exactly a screaming example of “him needing to get off his ass and recruit.”

Pretty unprofessional for a recruiting service director to post a negative tweet about a Head Coach during the middle of recruiting season...

Check out his Twitter Header...

54bd20139c09307b4e398c263476e050_200x200   
Mike Farrell  @rivalsmike
National Recruiting Director for http://Rivals.com and the Godfather of Recruiting. 23 years & counting. Tweets are my opinions only. IG. (@)rivalsgodfather
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Pretty unprofessional for a recruiting service director to post a negative tweet about a Head Coach during the middle of recruiting season...

Check out his Twitter Header...

54bd20139c09307b4e398c263476e050_200x200   
Mike Farrell  @rivalsmike
National Recruiting Director for http://Rivals.com and the Godfather of Recruiting. 23 years & counting. Tweets are my opinions only. IG. (@)rivalsgodfather

Mike, would you say you're the best in the business? Do you make 6 figs?