Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

What could have changed in a few weeks? Even if new offers/teams came into the picture, why decommit now instead of waiting until society opens up a bit, going to check out the other schools and then making a decision? He was just recruiting heavily for us on Twitter. The only explanations are that a coach pissed him off or another team dropped him a bag. No other scenario makes sense. 

1 minute ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Yeah, it's gotta be Auburn. Following Davis. 

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

I wonder if it has anything to do with the QB commit from Houston that Auburn just got?   

That's the current speculation. Davis is good, but I would've thought King would want to stick with Milroe. Especially with how close the two seem.

16 minutes ago, thepop said:

Don’t give him ideas

Fuck Tunmise the candy ass.  I wish he would go to OU so that we could stomp his ass on an annual basis.

I'd respect him more if he just came out and said Texas wouldn't pay him his fee.  How the fuck else do you explain A&M being in his top schools?

Famous last words from AD was that he was going to OU to win national championships.  He won zero.  Sweet used Lexus though!

Hope that curse y'all keep talking about is real.

Edited by Fondren & Main
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

We will be fine at TE. 

Auburn swooped in because of Davis. Dirty motherfuckers, but okay, fine.

The decommittment isn't at a position of need and isn't due to the bullshit recruiting tactics of late.

We're fine. Sucks, but we're fine. Spend the spot on defense or Oline

If Wiley builds on his initial promise, and Leibrock pans out in a big way, we could be okay ... but those are big ifs.

Brewer:  Mediocre.

Leitao:   Bust

Epps:  Bust

Liebrock:  Unproven.  Hardly played.

Wiley:  Showed some potential ... but just 1 reception.  (So between him and Leibrock, they have 1 reception total.)

Juan Davis:  Considered to be a project

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Wiley:  Showed some potential ... but just 1 reception.  (So between him and Leibrock, they have 1 reception total.)

Wiley is going to be very good.

I don't know about how good of a receiving TE he will be but he drastically improved at the end of the season. He was very good against Texas Tech and Utah. Herman said Wiley is going to play on Sundays and I don't think that's him bullshitting either. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

All of our idiot 995's have no clue what is going on in recruiting, not a single one. Granted, they are following a program who has a leader who has yet to prove he can lead but has proven to be unpredictable. 

• Like 3

Just now, Elmer_Fudd said:

2 years in a row Auburn gets somebody from us out of the blue.

Chris Thompson was not out of the blue, our 995's just do not know what is going on. Once Chris' dad started making certain comments about having to send his son off to be a man and the bag was negotiated, it was over. The scrub juco te two years ago sure, but that was not much of a loss. 

• Like 3

yeah the whole sec talk is really starting to turn these kids. It's gonna take us putting a beating behind the shed performance in Death Valley and hopefully squaring up against another sec team in the CFP to show that it's the school not the conference that makes you great. The ACC is much weaker than the Big 12 but Clemson has no trouble.  Last decade plus of SEC champions and aggys selling it in the state has taken it's toll.. Texas has to show out. HookEm

• Like 1