Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Wiltfong posted an update on Shemar Turner on the aggy board but not the Texas board.

EDIT:  NM, it's also on the Texas board.

Horns 247 / Steve Wiltfong / Inside touted DL Shemar Turner's top five schools

Spoiler

Inside touted DL Shemar Turner's top five schools
BySTEVE WILTFONG

DeSoto (Texas) High Top247 standout Shemar Turner is one of the more coveted defensive line recruits in the 2021 recruiting class. Earlier this month he narrowed his list of opportunities to Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Texas and Texas A&M.

Turner talked about it with 247Sports Thursday.

“They’re pretty family oriented, I’m pretty comfortable around the coaches and built a strong relationship with them,” Turner said. “Some are close to home and some are farther away but I felt most comfortable with them right now.”

As far as narrowing it from five to one, “It’s going to be hard I ain’t going to lie to you,” Turner said. “There’s no wrong option.”

He went on to rave about each of those options.

Alabama: “Coach (Freddie) Roach and I like (Nick) Saban,” Turner said. “I talk to Coach Roach a lot and he’s close-knit with his players and I talked to a few players there and they say he’s a cool dude and he’s going to drive you to be great. Nick Saban, I like him. He’s not going to praise you about everything you’ve done well. He was breaking my film down telling me I can do this better and telling me pros and cons and what I can do to help that. It’s a winning program. Can’t go wrong with Bama.”

Turner then said he “can’t go wrong with any of them.”

Georgia: “Coach Nick (Williams) and Coach (Tray) Scott, them my boys right there. We talk a lot. Real close. Coach Nick talks to my family a lot. They’re like family. I feel real close to them. They’re building and they’re also a winning program.”

LSU: “Coach (Ed) Orgeron, I like the energy he’s got and that voice, I like his voice. He’s a great coach plus he coaches the defensive line as a head coach. That’s also a good thing. They won the Natty, can’t go wrong with them either.”

Texas: “Coach (Mark) Hagen, Coach (Tom) Herman, Coach (Jay Valai) we talk a lot, it’s a family, it’s close.”

Texas A&M: Coach (Terry) Price is real close with his players, he barbecues for them. Coach (Jimbo) Fisher is close. They’re building brands for their players and it’s nice there.”

The 6-foot-3 1/2, 260-pound Turner is tabbed by the Top247 as the nation’s No. 6 strong-side defensive end and No. 67 prospect overall.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, texifornia said:

*4-star. But yeah.

What does that make Jamison? For every star, there is a back-up. If you only recruit 4-star talent, there will be plenty of back-ups and transfers who are 4-star. Alabama would say next man up. Will we whine about a back-up transferring or be happy that we have talented depth that sometimes leave the program?

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

Horns 247 / Steve Wiltfong / Inside touted DL Shemar Turner's top five schools

Hide contents

Inside touted DL Shemar Turner's top five schools
BySTEVE WILTFONG

DeSoto (Texas) High Top247 standout Shemar Turner is one of the more coveted defensive line recruits in the 2021 recruiting class. Earlier this month he narrowed his list of opportunities to Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Texas and Texas A&M.

Turner talked about it with 247Sports Thursday.

“They’re pretty family oriented, I’m pretty comfortable around the coaches and built a strong relationship with them,” Turner said. “Some are close to home and some are farther away but I felt most comfortable with them right now.”

As far as narrowing it from five to one, “It’s going to be hard I ain’t going to lie to you,” Turner said. “There’s no wrong option.”

He went on to rave about each of those options.

Alabama: “Coach (Freddie) Roach and I like (Nick) Saban,” Turner said. “I talk to Coach Roach a lot and he’s close-knit with his players and I talked to a few players there and they say he’s a cool dude and he’s going to drive you to be great. Nick Saban, I like him. He’s not going to praise you about everything you’ve done well. He was breaking my film down telling me I can do this better and telling me pros and cons and what I can do to help that. It’s a winning program. Can’t go wrong with Bama.”

Turner then said he “can’t go wrong with any of them.”

Georgia: “Coach Nick (Williams) and Coach (Tray) Scott, them my boys right there. We talk a lot. Real close. Coach Nick talks to my family a lot. They’re like family. I feel real close to them. They’re building and they’re also a winning program.”

LSU: “Coach (Ed) Orgeron, I like the energy he’s got and that voice, I like his voice. He’s a great coach plus he coaches the defensive line as a head coach. That’s also a good thing. They won the Natty, can’t go wrong with them either.”

Texas: “Coach (Mark) Hagen, Coach (Tom) Herman, Coach (Jay Valai) we talk a lot, it’s a family, it’s close.”

Texas A&M: Coach (Terry) Price is real close with his players, he barbecues for them. Coach (Jimbo) Fisher is close. They’re building brands for their players and it’s nice there.”

The 6-foot-3 1/2, 260-pound Turner is tabbed by the Top247 as the nation’s No. 6 strong-side defensive end and No. 67 prospect overall.

One of these is. It like the other.  

lock 

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

What does that make Jamison? For every star, there is a back-up. If you only recruit 4-star talent, there will be plenty of back-ups and transfers who are 4-star. Alabama would say next man up. Will we whine about a back-up transferring or be happy that we have talented depth that sometimes leave the program?

Yeah, it's why I have trouble with getting worked up about a guy that's leaving until I know why. Did he hate Valai and Ash and get punched by BJ Foster and everything is still falling apart? Or was he running behind Adimora at Spur and got pissy about it?

• Like 3

Mike at Night: New transfer candidate, Jonathan Jones intel

—Today I was able to see McKinney DL Jonathan Jones. I was impressed with the size and athleticism Jones showed off. After talking with him and some of the coaches, it sounds like Texas is in a good spot, but they’ll have to battle with Missouri for him and the Tigers have the advantage of recruiting him longer. Still, I think proximity could win out ultimately. Baylor is also involved, and Colorado and Nebraska are schools to watch as well. Jones said he’d likely decide by the end of the summer, but he hasn’t visited any of the schools he’s considering.

—Pasadena (Calif.) John Muir cornerback Jamier Johnson announced today that he’d be making his commitment on July 3. This doesn’t seem like good news for Texas off the bat. I was told that Texas was doing a great job in this recruitment, but the biggest indicator of if they could win would be if Johnson waited until the fall to visit. Without making that visit, I find it hard to believe he could be picking Texas. Colorado seems like the school to beat with the cornerbacks coach there having a link to Johnson as a former player at Muir.

—I did some checking and found that Iowa linebacker transfer Dillon Doyle is on the Texas radar. Doyle reached out to Texas and a few other schools to express some interest and the Longhorns are in fact finding mode right now. They’ve received some of his film and are evaluating him like they would any other recruit. Doyle’s father Chris was placed on administrative leave following allegations of racial disparities. We will see if Texas decides to take the next step.

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

From @satyanash in the other thread. Their insight into the team isn't always great, but it looks like Cook got Adimora'd:

image.png

image.png

The fact that Cook isn't in the portal makes Nahlin think it might be something else.

Also Brayden Liebrock liked the tweet, FWIW. Only Longhorn to do so.

spacer.png

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

In my defense I won’t go to the football board, so I need someplace to discuss this with the closest thing we have to posters that are reasonably intelligent adults. Some, at least. 

I guess it depends on your definition of close. 

• Like 1

Recruiting cliffs from OB interviews: Sounds like Giles is still pushing for Arden Walker, teammate of new TE offer Gunnar Helm. While the interest from Walker is real, he is a Colorado legacy. Helm is apparently a converted WR and has romanticized Texas. He is quoted saying he would be comfortable committing to Texas without visiting if the virtual visit goes well.

Make what you will of that. Walker would be a low priority unless we miss on Turner. JJones is a different prospect entirely and one that we should get regardless of what happens with Turner. Helm looks underrated, we'll see.

https://247sports.com/Player/Arden-Walker-46083676/

https://247sports.com/Player/Gunnar-Helm-46098641/

Edited by Ricky's one-hitter
Clarified
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Recruiting cliffs from OB interviews: Sounds like Giles is still pushing for Arden Walker, teammate of new TE offer Gunnar Helm. While the interest from Walker is real, he is a Colorado legacy. Helm is apparently a converted WR and has romanticized Texas. He is quoted saying he would be comfortable committing to Texas without visiting if the virtual visit goes well.

Make what you will of that. Walker would be a low priority unless we miss on Turner. JJones is a different prospect entirely and one that we should get regardless of what happens with Turner. Helm looks underrated, we'll see.

https://247sports.com/Player/Arden-Walker-46083676/

https://247sports.com/Player/Gunnar-Helm-46098641/

Helm is a 4* on Rivals and just an 84 on 247.  Texas offer should get him the BOMC bump this coming Wednesday when they update the offensive rankings.  His highlights show him split out wide, lined up as a true TE, and an HB as well.  Good mix of pass catching and blocking in his highlights.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Helm is a 4* on Rivals and just an 84 on 247.  Texas offer should get him the BOMC bump this coming Wednesday when they update the offensive rankings.  His highlights show him split out wide, lined up as a true TE, and an HB as well.  Good mix of pass catching and blocking in his highlights.

His offer list is pretty legit for a mid 3-star as well.

Edit: damn, just looked and Colorado's recruiting is...not going well. Just 3 commits, currently ranked #100 and their state is getting raided by the likes of Kansas State. Turns out hiring a new coach right as a global pandemic starts is a bit of a hurdle to overcome.

Edited by tokamak

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

to be clear, he has actually left his job at SMU entirely - not just taken time off/furloughed. 

“The offensive line coach here ended up getting an administrative job. When that happened, he called me and asked if I wanted to do this. I kind of thought about it for not very long and said yeah. It’s a great opportunity. I wasn’t going to go back to SMU after next season anyway. It just kind of sped up my process. I want to be able to watch my kids on Saturdays, so it just made sense to do it now.”

full article:

Spoiler

Unique opportunity makes Brockermeyer family whole on the field

ByMIKE ROACH 106 minutes ago

Blake Brockermeyer took advantage of a rare opportunity.

The former All-American offensive lineman at Texas and a first-round pick in the 1995 NFL Draft was perfectly content working as a football analyst at SMU. The Mustangs had their best season since receiving the NCAA death penalty in 1987 by going 10-3 in 2019 and are primed for another great year in 2020.

He also enjoyed working for head coach Sonny Dykes and a rising star in SMU defensive line coach Randall Joyner. Brockermeyer was dead set on returning to the Hilltop to help build on a historic campaign.

Then COVID-19 hit.

The father of five-star offensive tackle Tommy Brockermeyer and four-star center James Brockermeyer of Fort Worth All Saints Episcopal spent most of the spring in quarantine with his sons and their older brother, Texas linebacker Luke Brockermeyer. As uncertainty continued to surround the college football season, Blake Brockermeyer started discussing options with former boss, All Saints head coach Aaron Beck.

“Being at home for the quarantine, I enjoyed working with them and doing stuff the longer I was there,” Blake said. “They put us on furlough and I started to think that the first people they would bring back wouldn’t be the support staff. I started talking with coach Beck about it and he told me to wait and see what happened.

“The offensive line coach here ended up getting an administrative job. When that happened, he called me and asked if I wanted to do this. I kind of thought about it for not very long and said yeah. It’s a great opportunity. I wasn’t going to go back to SMU after next season anyway. It just kind of sped up my process. I want to be able to watch my kids on Saturdays, so it just made sense to do it now.”

Five-star offensive tackle Tommy Brockermeyer is fully recovered from last season's shoulder injury. (Photo: Mike Roach, 247Sports)
On the first day of summer conditioning at All Saints, Blake was on the job to oversee strength and conditioning and work with players on technique. Tommy was there, too, fully recovered from shoulder surgery a year ago.

For the boys and their dad, their final high school season gained a new level of excitement.

“It will be fun,” Blake said. “They’ve really put in a lot of work. Tommy has endured a lot of rehab the last year or so just to kind of get to this point. They both are doing well and they are both ready to go. To be able to be a part of it and be able to coach them up and coach the other kids up on the team and teach them stuff I’ve learned along the way will be good for everybody.”

“I’m really excited,” Tommy said. “It was a long recovery. I’m here and I’m healthy and now my dad is coming back. It’s going to be a fun season. I’d say we first heard about it a month ago,” he said. “Back then it was just like a maybe or probably not. I started to get excited and then a week ago we found out. I’ve just been really excited because he’s one of the best in the business coaching-wise.”

“It’s really exciting,” James said. “He will be our position coach so we will pretty much be with him every day. Since sixth grade he hasn’t really coached us. When we went to middle school, he went to high school. He was there our freshman year, but he was the receivers coach. The past few years he’s been at SMU, so now he’s finally coming back. It should be really exciting.”

Blake Brockermeyer brings a wealth of knowledge to All Saints. (Photo: Mike Roach, 247Sports)
Throughout his time in the NFL and at the college level, Blake picked up a wealth of knowledge, but one thing that’s always been present is a strong work ethic. While James and Tommy acknowledged how hard he pushes them, Blake was clear about his kids and making sure they’re pulling their weight.

“I’m usually way harder,” Blake said. “I know when something’s not right with them. If it’s just us, then I can kind of be careful. In this kind of deal, you’ve just got to go. I’ve always been harder on my kids. Their situation is obviously a little bit different. I’ve always kind of been that way and it’s worked out for each of them so far. I’ve coached them a lot. When they were little kids, I coached them in every sport they were in. I’ve been kind of lucky to dedicate my life to coaching my kids.”

James Brockermeyer is the nation's No. 1 center (Photo: Mike Roach, 247Sports)
“He definitely treats us all the same,” Tommy said. “He’s not a guy that picks favorite. He’s here to coach the whole team and make everyone here better. Hopefully, it will help us win a TAPPS (Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools) championship this year.”

“It’s easier to access him,” James said. “It ain’t no joke though. He demands excellence out of you every day. It’s hard, but that’s how you want it. You don’t want to be babied and stuff.”

All Saints was a powerhouse at the Southwest Preparatory Conference level. After moving up to TAPPS, the Saints have yet to win a title at the higher level.

This could be the year to get over the top, and Blake’s experience could help put them over the top.

“I’ve learned a lot in the last two years,” Blake said. “You always think you know a lot, but I look at the last two years as going to coaching college. Being on the defensive side of the ball has really helped me offensively.

“Now I know how defenses game plan you and attack you and what they look for. You kind of know but you don’t really know until you’re really into it. 

I’ve also watched a lot of film. I’ve learned a lot and I’ve seen a lot and hopefully I’m able to get this group to their goal to be the first team here to win in TAPPS. We’ve won a lot of SPC stuff, but so far we haven’t won in TAPPS and hopefully we do this year.”

“I think he’s got that fire that most coaches don’t have,” Tommy said. “He really loves coaching and now that he has his kids here, he definitely wants us to win.

We’d be the only grade at All Saints that hasn’t won a championship in like ten years. He wants us to feel that like all of the guys before us.  He’s also bringing great offensive line techniques from the college game, so our o-line play is going to be a lot better.”

“He’s been at every level of football,” James said. “He’s coached high school most of his career and he’s been in the college game the last two years and learned a lot there.  He played in the NFL for nine years.

He definitely learned a lot and has a lot of experience. He wasn’t a coach in the NFL, but he’s done all of it and he’s also pretty well-connected. He’s always learning and he’s really hungry to keep learning.”

Blake will also be there for the last half of his son’s recruitments. Alabama currently has the lead in the 247Sports Crystal Ball predictions for both James and Tommy.

As they take their official visits and reach their decisions, Blake will be there every step of the way in their final semester of high school. After playing nearly a decade in the NFL combined with his coaching experience, Blake is an excellent sounding board for both boys as they get ready to make the call.

“He’s definitely been the main person that’s been helping me make my decision,” Tommy said. “He shows me what each school brings to the table, and he’s always been in my ear telling me what each school has. He knows that stuff way more than we do, because he’s been through the process. He’s never told me where to go. It’s always been my decision at the end of the day.”

“He’s a really good tool to have because he was in the business for the past few years,” James said. “He knows how to read stuff. He can see through all the BS and some of the stuff that goes on. He knows how it is and knows what you’re going to get out of it.”

(Eric Nahlin) Humidor: First group returns to Austin, players getting acclimated, depth chart, and Q. Ewers

The first group of players returned to team activities this week. Up first was testing for coronavirus. We’re going to defer to the school on reporting on that topic. During the season we’ll treat it like covering injuries — very delicately and sometimes not at all. Be prepared for more players to test positive. It’s pretty much inevitable as more and more return to campus over the next few weeks.

The staff is being careful not to rush players to action after the long layoff. They know players have stayed in shape to the best of their ability, but it would be dangerous to return them to full speed out of the gates in an intense environment. This is especially true for the bigger guys. Players are being scanned for their range of motion and biomechanics. Predictive analysis is being used to help identify the potential non-contact injuries you’d associate with doing too much too soon.

This week is also being used as an orientation to the workouts the players are volunteering for. Next week they’ll begin workouts in small, staggered groups. They’ll also be tested on the movements Yancy McKnight prioritizes: vertical jump, broad jump, 10-yard split, squat, and bench. The staff will begin to get a good idea of where the players are at physically, though keep in mind this is just one group that was mostly in Austin the whole time. Other groups will arrive in the coming weeks and follow the same protocols.

While the staff is trying to get a better understanding of where the team is at physically, they’re pretty happy with where the players are mentally. Zoom meetings have resumed. The feeling is most players know what they’re supposed to do, at least in a classroom setting. They won’t have a better understanding of the processing lag — syncing your mind and muscle memory — until August, but at this point they’re encouraged.

During those Zooms, virtual walk-throughs have been held producing a first team written in very light pencil. Somebody has to go first. Keep in mind there will be genuine competition at many positions.

DE - Marqez Bimage - he’s going to battle with Jacoby Jones. Staff is excited to see Vernon Broughton in pads. “He’s different.”

3-tech - Ta’Quon Graham - the salty veteran will share snaps with Moro Ojomo. Staff is excited to see Alfred Collins in pads for the same reason as Broughton.

1-tech - Keondre Coburn - T’Vondre Sweat will help keep Coburn fresh and vice versa

Jack - Joseph Ossai - strong grip on the position but Byron Vaughns can play

Mike - Juwan Mitchell - likely starter but he has to earn it. You have Ayodele Adeoye, Marcus Tillman, and maybe even David Gbenda scrapping for snaps

Will - DeMarvion Overshown - Gbenda will compete, but watch for a potential spin from safety. We’ll see how that’s received if it occurs.

Spur - Chris Adimora - the coaches want competition but the feeling in the building is the staff prefers Adimora to Anthony Cook. They do like Adimora but that sentiment is too premature.

Field safety - Caden Sterns - it’s his job but creating reliable depth will be important. Not sure how that will shake out

Boundary safety - Chris Brown - Brown has been a fantastic Longhorn, patiently waiting for his turn. Is it this year, or will BJ Foster win the job? Brown is a key cog regardless and will jimmy his way on the field.

Corner - Josh Thompson - battling with Jalen Green but we keep hearing “don’t forget about Kenyatta Watson II.”

Corner - D’Shawn Jamison - same as above

On offense, depth behind the starters is murky because they would shuffle the line if a starter got hurt and then play the sixth best o-lineman. Sam Cosmi is the second most important player to the season.

LT - Sam Cosmi
LG - Junior Angilau
C - Derek Kerstetter
RG - Denzel Okafor
RT - Christian Jones

X - Brennan Eagles - Tarik Black will compete, as will Troy Omeire. Eagles is in a strong position to not only be the starter but explode on the scene

Z - Marcus Washington - Black will compete here as well. We always hear good things about Washington.

H - Jake Smith - It gets a little interesting here. They really like Josh Moore’s potential in the slot, as well as Jordan Whittington's. So something has to give. We hear the staff isn’t going to be nearly as rigid with where receivers line up. The best guys will not only play but move around. The feeling is each of these three can catch a lot of passes from any alignment.

Y - Cade Brewer - Brewer gets the nod but Jared Wiley will be pushing him. Nobody is writing off Brayden Liebrock or Malcolm Epps as flex options either. There’s a lot of excitement surrounding Wiley as a do-it-all type.

RB - Keaontay Ingram - followed by Roschon Johnson. Bijan Robinson will be brought up to speed as quickly as possible.

QB - Sam Ehlinger - followed by Casey Thompson.

I love depth charts because they change over time and as they do you get a clearer picture of what the team will eventually look like. You get a better idea of positions of strength and weakness. There is a lot of optimism surrounding both Chris Ash and Mike Yurcich. Ash has already won over the players as best he can given the circumstances. Meanwhile, everyone we talk to is confident Yurcich is the guy to truly unlock the offense and light up the scoreboard.

The morsels we’ve heard — more freedom at the line for Ehlinger, using the running backs in the passing game more, and moving the receivers around -- have us feeling cautiously optimistic as well. Things are looking up but that doesn’t mean everything is perfect with every player. There are over 100 of them and only 22 starting spots. Texas has way more capable starters than 22.

The Anthony Cook tweet, since deleted, about not playing another snap at UT caught everybody off guard, but a player being frustrated with lack of perceived opportunity shouldn’t be surprising. We always hear stuff like this but it typically blows over quickly without making a public sound. The problem here is the tweet made his sentiment seem real. At this point we’re confident it was just frustration and he’s not going to leave. He hasn’t been in Austin but he’s been working very hard in Houston.

He’s certainly focused on football. He hasn’t been flakey in the past. It will likely be nothing more than a small tempest in a teapot. But, like everyone else, he’s going to have to compete to play, and Chris Adimora isn’t an easy out.

QUINN EWERS

OU 247 reporter Brandon Drumm rated the Sooners chances of landing the five-star 2022 Southlake Carroll quarterback at 60 percent, with OU leading. To his credit, he does mention his percentage is subject to change “because he likes Texas too. All depends on how things shake out in the next 5-6 months, imo.” This is partially right in our eyes. Ewers definitely likes Texas and would like to see how things shake out with the new coordinator. My feeling is Ewers knows what OU will be but he’s very intrigued by what Mike Yurcich does with Ehlinger.

We do not think OU leads, but that isn’t to say UT does. It isn’t our opinion that Texas has to have a perfect season but the overall passing game has to be varied and productive. A lot of players view their college choice through the lens of how it helps prepare them for the NFL. That’s Ewers. A big jump in the eyes of NFL scouts for Sam Ehlinger would go a long way. As we’ve mentioned, this recruitment won’t be a roller coaster but it could become a whirlwind. Things could move quickly when visits are restored.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, satyanash said:

(Eric Nahlin) Humidor: First group returns to Austin, players getting acclimated, depth chart, and Q. Ewers

It wouldn’t be an IT update without trying to pump up the stock of TQ and Josh Thompson. I’ll lose my mind if TQ starts over Ojomo the whole year, or even by LSU. Ojomo’s a difference maker. TQ is not. 

Considering we have all of Eagles, Black, Washington, Smith, Whittington, and Moore at WR, it’s gonna be a real shame if Herman forces Yurcich to run 11 personnel 99% of the time.

5 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Nobody is writing off Brayden Liebrock or Malcolm Epps as flex options either.

EuphoricCriminalHyrax-size_restricted.gi

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Will - DeMarvion Overshown - Gbenda will compete, but watch for a potential spin from safety. We’ll see how that’s received if it occurs.

This is the piece drawing the most conversation over there. They haven't backed down from Owens to LB despite the direct contradiction TH. 

The issue will be processing speed for Overshown and Owens. It will be interesting to see if they're up to speed by LSU or if Gbenda will get a few early starts. I'll go on record that I think Owens would be drafted in rounds 1-3 as an Isaiah Simmons prototype. Overshown will be a monster, hopefully by the state fair, but Owens will be better long term.

40 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

It wouldn’t be an IT update without trying to pump up the stock of TQ and Josh Thompson. I’ll lose my mind if TQ starts over Ojomo the whole year, or even by LSU. Ojomo’s a difference maker. TQ is not. 

Considering we have all of Eagles, Black, Washington, Smith, Whittington, and Moore at WR, it’s gonna be a real shame if Herman forces Yurcich to run 11 personnel 99% of the time.

EuphoricCriminalHyrax-size_restricted.gi

Burt Macklin trigger warning:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

This is the piece drawing the most conversation over there. They haven't backed down from Owens to LB despite the direct contradiction TH. 

The issue will be processing speed for Overshown and Owens. It will be interesting to see if they're up to speed by LSU or if Gbenda will get a few early starts. I'll go on record that I think Owens would be drafted in rounds 1-3 as an Isaiah Simmons prototype. Overshown will be a monster, hopefully by the state fair, but Owens will be better long term.

Was Owens even mentioned in Nahlin's article ? Seems like it might be his year to make an impact.

1 minute ago, sunset87 said:

Was Owens even mentioned in Nahlin's article ? Seems like it might be his year to make an impact.

15 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

This is an allusion to Owens

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Burt Macklin trigger warning:

Lulz. Yeah, @Ricky's one-hitter already tagged me in a post about this tweet. Needless to say, I don’t agree. I’ll be happy to be proven wrong if he works out at 3-tech. It’s a much better fit for his skill set, but I still think Ojomo is better. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 3