Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

56 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Eric's been pretty negative, but objectively that's probably one of the most inarguable points to be made (in regards to Herman holding the team together this fall. Not sure if Satya's post actually referenced that part of the Q&A). This team is a powder keg and Herman hasn't exactly shown himself to always have his hand on the pulse of things. If there is ANY optimism, it's maybe his hiring of 2 coordinators and embracing the role of building relationships with his players happened just in time, as long as he has no missteps with these issues. But objectively, looking at it, this team is literally 4 minefields stacked on top of an acme dynamite plant, right next door to a fuel depot. Chances are pretty high that something will be miscommunicated and things will spiral out of control at some point. 

They're living in a powder keg and giving off sparks~ Bonnie Tyler on Texas Football 2020

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

He’s just saying with everything going on he doesn’t see it likely that Texas fulfills it’s potential with all the distractions. Which is a life than fair statement. But if we beat LSU maybe we crystallize as a team. But if we lose we probably spiral again. 

Thats how I see it,  we regressed last year as predicted, should have won some we lost, and we had a good recruiting class, we finally have healthy players and leadership, by design this was Texas year to really put it all together,  It also just happens to the year of Pandemic, no practice, no workouts, and internal strife with the societal issues.   basically if its not one thing its another lol.  finally we have the minds, the bodies, and a new staff to right the ship, but lets sprinkle in global issues to F that up 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Thats how I see it,  we regressed last year as predicted, should have won some we lost, and we had a good recruiting class, we finally have healthy players and leadership, by design this was Texas year to really put it all together,  It also just happens to the year of Pandemic, no practice, no workouts, and internal strife with the societal issues.   basically if its not one thing its another lol.  finally we have the minds, the bodies, and a new staff to right the ship, but lets sprinkle in global issues to F that up 

Fortunately, everyone else has pretty much the same issues. I like how he's like "oh we have so many distractions, gonna take some Ls because of that. Including Okie Lite." Because everything is super calm in Stillwater right now.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Just now, texifornia said:

Fortunately, everyone else has pretty much the same issues. I like how he's like "oh we have so many distractions, gonna take some Ls because of that. Including Okie Lite." Because everything is super calm in Stillwater right now.

Yeah I dont buy Okie Lite,   I buy BlowU and LSU,  but I dont buy Okielite.  I know chuba ran for 130 on us last year but he had like 40 carries, by and large our Def did what it had to.  I see TCU  and Iowa state as the off shoot wins we should have that could be an L

I’d almost feel bad for Herman having to deal with all this chaos in what will be his best chance at having a big year, if not for the fact he’s entirely responsible for digging himself into this hole in the first place.

We’ll have to see how the situation with the players’ list works out, but I also think this can be an opportunity to really improve team/coach unity that wouldn’t otherwise have arisen, and Herman’s statements early on and his stance in general on this could be a big part of that. 

The LSU game is all going to come down to how good Myles Brennan performs IMO. I’d say the rest of the LSU roster is more talented than UT, but not drastically, and we should have the coaching advantage this year with Yurcich and Ash. I think Brennan’s going to have to be pretty dang good in the second start of his career to close the gap between him and Sam. We’ll see though. Us having 2 new coordinators and a very limited offseason practice period could mean we start the season pretty slow. 

8 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Most teams aren’t breaking in 2 new coordinators and 5 new position coaches, though. I think it’s fair to expect that the limited offseason will hurt us more than programs who return most of their coaching staff, but having an Uber experienced senior QB and a lot of returning starters will hopefully mitigate that. 

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Eric's been pretty negative

If you would like to enhance your reading experience, may I suggest: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2Lg00aqUGoAmGGDDWQYFvc

Spoiler

Let’s take a closer look at the discrepancy between the defensive side of the ball that just overhauled everyone but Oscar Giles, and Tom Herman’s side of the ball that should be benefitting from more consistency and the addition of a reputation, high octane offense.

QB Jalen Milroe - committed mainly because of Tim Beck

OL Hayden Conner - committed mainly because of aerospace and #Milroe

TE Juan Davis - committed to Derek Warehime and to get the process over

DB Billy Bowman - he’s a Texas type of kid but Tom Herman did well with him

OLB Derrick Harris - was always a Texas kid

All committed in late July or early August.

DE Ja’Tavion Sanders - similar to Bowman

Sanders committed in early September.

Below is the spring run of commits.

DL Jordon Thomas - Giles did well here, assist from Thomas’ family too

LB Morice Blackwell - Coleman Hutzler for the win

RB Jonathon Brooks - Texas lock

WR Casey Cain - UT was his best offer

P Isaac Pearson - Aussie pipeline

DB JD Coffey - Was a Texas lock but Chris Ash had to get UT back in contention

CB Ishmael Ibraheem - Jay Valai built the relationship and won it

In total, when you go in chronological order the list doesn’t exhibit much discrepancy between offense and defense, but let’s reshuffle by composite rating:

DE Ja’Tavion Sanders - .9866
DB Bill Bowman - .9826
QB Jalen Milroe - .9639
CB Ishmael Ibraheem - .9265 (bad rating)
DB JD Coffey - .9264
DL Jordon Thomas - .9128
LB Derrick Harris - .9105
LB Morice Blackwell - .8958
OL Hayden Conner - .8951 (Conner fell after 247 named him the #99 player in the state. He must have been sneaking in some games 247 had proprietary info on)
TE Juan Davis - .8742
RB Jonathon Brooks - .8702
WR Casey Cain - .8540
P Isaac Pearson - NR

So far this class averages to .9165 which is pretty good but lower than Herman’s previous Texas yields. There are also more three-stars relative to class size. The three most highly rated players, along with lower class numbers, are helping to keep that class average afloat.

In years past I would see guys who were rated three-stars that should be rated higher. Aside Conner, who should be in the 40’s at a minimum, I don’t see that based on junior tape. Blackwell could be higher but he’s the thinnest of four-stars.

Since Herman added Mike Yurcich, Jay Boulware, and Andre Coleman to a staff already consisting of Herb Hand and Stan Drayton, Texas has gained commitments from Jonathon Brooks (who was a lock) and little known Casey Cain.

So what’s going on?

First, the defensive side of the ball has better recruiters. I think Jay Valai and Coleman Hutzler, both young and energetic, have big upside and I think Chris Ash works the trail much harder than his predecessor. Texas is also a bit fortunate that the Denton Ryan kids bought in so early. Without them? Yikes.

Second, Texas is taking a bath in offensive line recruiting. I detailed that recently and don’t want to beat a dead horse, but Texas is not cutting it recruiting the position. Herb Hand is looking more like Joe Wickline as a recruiter. It pains me to write that because I think he’s a better recruiter than he’s shown. To this point, Texas is receiving no benefit from Hand knowing these players since they became legitimate targets.

Third, Drayton has honed in on two big fish who haven’t been in a hurry to make a decision. It’s looking like a boom or bust cycle for him. So far Texas hasn’t shown much urgency to line up contingencies. Not many exist in-state. Every year a stud or two emerges nationally. They’ll want to be at the forefront of that recruitment.

Fourth, Boulware had a commitment from Landen King but lost it quickly. That was out of his hands, but let’s see how they react. The word in Colorado on Gunnar Helm is that he isn’t a guy UT should have to resort to. Colorado has a nice group of tight ends. They were probably more interested in Terrance Ferguson until they saw his profile pic. That kid is a stud but projected to Oregon.

Fifth, Coleman is struggling mightily to gain traction with the state’s best receivers. Fans shouldn’t worry about Texas landing a solid group, but they really need to add difference makers given the strong-armed quarterbacks coming in coinciding with the new vertically inclined scheme. You have to question the process this cycle. They may still land Hal Presly but should have had him from the jump. Not offering J. Michael Sturdivant when the junior evaluators on this site could see he was deserving is a miss. Cain may prove to be a good take, but it isn’t a compelling argument that Texas saw something other schools didn’t. To UT’s credit, Florida recruit Jaden Alexis does appear to be a good find and his recruitment remains encouraging.

The best way to give the offensive class a boost will be to score a lot of points. Expectations should be that Texas will field a prolific offense. That’s how they might be able to get back in it with players they missed the first time around or are currently trailing for.

This season could serve as a chance for Hand to get a reset with his targets. It also serves as a good opportunity for Coleman to live up to his reputation as a developer. Drayton will have a talented stable of running backs to make the case to LJ Johnson and Camar Wheaton for him.

Until then, we wait.

3 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Guys don't switch based on one game unless they are total flakes.

No one’s saying they’ll flip immediately if we beat LSU, but beating LSU is the first step towards having the type of season that could get guys to flip. If we win at LSU, our odds of going 10-2 or better become pretty good, and from there, you’ll be playing in the CCG and a NY6 bowl or the playoff. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

No one’s saying they’ll flip immediately if we beat LSU, but beating LSU is the first step towards having the type of season that could get guys to flip. If we win at LSU, our odds of going 10-2 or better become pretty good, and from there, you’ll be playing in the CCG and a NY6 bowl or the playoff. 

Yes. An LSU win reopens the door, not imploding over the next 10 games encourages the flip. 

28 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

If you would like to enhance your reading experience, may I suggest: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2Lg00aqUGoAmGGDDWQYFvc

Reveal hidden contents

Let’s take a closer look at the discrepancy between the defensive side of the ball that just overhauled everyone but Oscar Giles, and Tom Herman’s side of the ball that should be benefitting from more consistency and the addition of a reputation, high octane offense.

QB Jalen Milroe - committed mainly because of Tim Beck

OL Hayden Conner - committed mainly because of aerospace and #Milroe

TE Juan Davis - committed to Derek Warehime and to get the process over

DB Billy Bowman - he’s a Texas type of kid but Tom Herman did well with him

OLB Derrick Harris - was always a Texas kid

All committed in late July or early August.

DE Ja’Tavion Sanders - similar to Bowman

Sanders committed in early September.

Below is the spring run of commits.

DL Jordon Thomas - Giles did well here, assist from Thomas’ family too

LB Morice Blackwell - Coleman Hutzler for the win

RB Jonathon Brooks - Texas lock

WR Casey Cain - UT was his best offer

P Isaac Pearson - Aussie pipeline

DB JD Coffey - Was a Texas lock but Chris Ash had to get UT back in contention

CB Ishmael Ibraheem - Jay Valai built the relationship and won it

In total, when you go in chronological order the list doesn’t exhibit much discrepancy between offense and defense, but let’s reshuffle by composite rating:

DE Ja’Tavion Sanders - .9866
DB Bill Bowman - .9826
QB Jalen Milroe - .9639
CB Ishmael Ibraheem - .9265 (bad rating)
DB JD Coffey - .9264
DL Jordon Thomas - .9128
LB Derrick Harris - .9105
LB Morice Blackwell - .8958
OL Hayden Conner - .8951 (Conner fell after 247 named him the #99 player in the state. He must have been sneaking in some games 247 had proprietary info on)
TE Juan Davis - .8742
RB Jonathon Brooks - .8702
WR Casey Cain - .8540
P Isaac Pearson - NR

So far this class averages to .9165 which is pretty good but lower than Herman’s previous Texas yields. There are also more three-stars relative to class size. The three most highly rated players, along with lower class numbers, are helping to keep that class average afloat.

In years past I would see guys who were rated three-stars that should be rated higher. Aside Conner, who should be in the 40’s at a minimum, I don’t see that based on junior tape. Blackwell could be higher but he’s the thinnest of four-stars.

Since Herman added Mike Yurcich, Jay Boulware, and Andre Coleman to a staff already consisting of Herb Hand and Stan Drayton, Texas has gained commitments from Jonathon Brooks (who was a lock) and little known Casey Cain.

So what’s going on?

First, the defensive side of the ball has better recruiters. I think Jay Valai and Coleman Hutzler, both young and energetic, have big upside and I think Chris Ash works the trail much harder than his predecessor. Texas is also a bit fortunate that the Denton Ryan kids bought in so early. Without them? Yikes.

Second, Texas is taking a bath in offensive line recruiting. I detailed that recently and don’t want to beat a dead horse, but Texas is not cutting it recruiting the position. Herb Hand is looking more like Joe Wickline as a recruiter. It pains me to write that because I think he’s a better recruiter than he’s shown. To this point, Texas is receiving no benefit from Hand knowing these players since they became legitimate targets.

Third, Drayton has honed in on two big fish who haven’t been in a hurry to make a decision. It’s looking like a boom or bust cycle for him. So far Texas hasn’t shown much urgency to line up contingencies. Not many exist in-state. Every year a stud or two emerges nationally. They’ll want to be at the forefront of that recruitment.

Fourth, Boulware had a commitment from Landen King but lost it quickly. That was out of his hands, but let’s see how they react. The word in Colorado on Gunnar Helm is that he isn’t a guy UT should have to resort to. Colorado has a nice group of tight ends. They were probably more interested in Terrance Ferguson until they saw his profile pic. That kid is a stud but projected to Oregon.

Fifth, Coleman is struggling mightily to gain traction with the state’s best receivers. Fans shouldn’t worry about Texas landing a solid group, but they really need to add difference makers given the strong-armed quarterbacks coming in coinciding with the new vertically inclined scheme. You have to question the process this cycle. They may still land Hal Presly but should have had him from the jump. Not offering J. Michael Sturdivant when the junior evaluators on this site could see he was deserving is a miss. Cain may prove to be a good take, but it isn’t a compelling argument that Texas saw something other schools didn’t. To UT’s credit, Florida recruit Jaden Alexis does appear to be a good find and his recruitment remains encouraging.

The best way to give the offensive class a boost will be to score a lot of points. Expectations should be that Texas will field a prolific offense. That’s how they might be able to get back in it with players they missed the first time around or are currently trailing for.

This season could serve as a chance for Hand to get a reset with his targets. It also serves as a good opportunity for Coleman to live up to his reputation as a developer. Drayton will have a talented stable of running backs to make the case to LJ Johnson and Camar Wheaton for him.

Until then, we wait.

It’s a beating, but it’s hard to disagree with any of that article. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

It's just a show and prove it moment for most of the players we are after.  Think most bought in after the Jawja win, but 2019 was up and down.  I'm not too caught up with the rankings because they sites aren't really digging through tape.. just following offers.

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Yeah I dont buy Okie Lite,   I buy BlowU and LSU,  but I dont buy Okielite.  I know chuba ran for 130 on us last year but he had like 40 carries, by and large our Def did what it had to.  I see TCU  and Iowa state as the off shoot wins we should have that could be an L

And the defense did what it had to out of position.  Imagine if they have the chance to really play to their strengths.  

• Like 2

Yeah, I do not understand the movement within these phases of re-rankings.  There have been no camps, no practices, nothing to base these adjustments on. It just seems like they are trying to create stories, clicks, and conversation out of thin air... 

Edited by Jabberwocky
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Satya's been plenty gloomy over on in Football today, he's trying to hold both boards' Sadboi Champ belts.

This is why unless I’m sharing info, I spend about as much time on the football board as the CR. Both segments are about equally reasonable people. 

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, Jabberwocky said:

Yeah, I do not understand the movement within these phases of re-rankings.  There have been no camps, no practices, nothing to base these adjustments on. It just seems like they are trying to create stories, clicks, and conversation out of thin air... 

More time to watch hudl. I like that they're going back and rewatching players. 

2 hours ago, Bevo said:

OTOH, we sucked last year after LSU not so much due to psyche but due to injuries and Orlando.

What's your confidence level on the Brockermeyer's today?

It’s dropping. I don’t trust the team to operate well through adversity. The flipside is, if they do win in Baton Rouge it should springboard their psyche.

Agreed 100% with Bevo. 

The fragile psyche thing is a constant refrain from people that think Texas is going to suck this year and I guess I don't understand it. Watch the TCU game and then watch the Utah game. It's not a psyche problem. It's a scheme problem that was compounded by injuries. Orlando was so fucking bad last year that it's hard to really wrap your mind around it. Watching the Texas defense against Utah was like seeing a completely different group of guys and that Utah team was a FAR better offense (and team) than anyone the Texas schedule aside from LSU and OU. Far better. Texas suffocated them. I went back to watch it again last week to make sure I wasn't talking out of my ass and I had forgotten how fast this defense is. How physical it is. When you turn these guys loose and just let them win 1:1 it's night/day. Crazy how absolutely different several of the players looked, simply by being in position, which tells you everything you need to know about Todd Orlando last season, being in position at the snap was an upgrade.

Utah Game ::

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

We need @closetojumping to make a return and drop a rallying cry like he did during LSU week last season

Who knows. I sent him a screenshot of Harvdog presenting himself to the board for penetration, and that didn’t prompt a post. Who knows what’s bringing him back to this board. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Who knows. I sent him a screenshot of Harvdog presenting himself to the board for penetration, and that didn’t prompt a post. Who knows what’s bringing him back to this board. 

jesus man you really are kicking us in the nuts now 

season 3 crying GIF

• Like 1

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

Agreed 100% with Bevo. 

The fragile psyche thing is a constant refrain from people that think Texas is going to suck this year and I guess I don't understand it. Watch the TCU game and then watch the Utah game. It's not a psyche problem. It's a scheme problem that was compounded by injuries. Orlando was so fucking bad last year that it's hard to really wrap your mind around it. Watching the Texas defense against Utah was like seeing a completely different group of guys and that Utah team was a FAR better offense (and team) than anyone the Texas schedule aside from LSU and OU. Far better. Texas suffocated them. I went back to watch it again last week to make sure I wasn't talking out of my ass and I had forgotten how fast this defense is. How physical it is. When you turn these guys loose and just let them win 1:1 it's night/day. Crazy how absolutely different several of the players looked, simply by being in position, which tells you everything you need to know about Todd Orlando last season, being in position at the snap was an upgrade.

Utah Game ::

Watching the Utah game has been an offseason habit of mine, and I could not agree more. The DL absolutely showed why there should be confidence in a drastically improved defense coming into this year, and Ossai began his case to go in the top 2 rounds. Texas was a bad matchup for Utah personnel anyway, but they could get nothing going. Huntley looked pedestrian at best. We were way faster than they prepared for. 

I'm less worried about the team imploding than SydneyNahlin, because winning. This team is going to be really good. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Watching the Utah game has been an offseason habit of mine, and I could not agree more. The DL absolutely showed why there should be confidence in a drastically improved defense coming into this year, and Ossai began his case to go in the top 2 rounds. Texas was a bad matchup for Utah personnel anyway, but they could get nothing going. Huntley looked pedestrian at best. We were way faster than they prepared for. 

I'm less worried about the team imploding than SydneyNahlin, because winning. This team is going to be really good. 

Just to be clear, I’m pretty bullish on the team being good despite a lack of practice to install. I’m way more worried about all the other shit fucking with us than actual players and scheme. Also, I’d have personally gone with SydNahlin or NahlSyd but that’s just me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Not offering J. Michael Sturdivant when the junior evaluators on this site could see he was deserving is a miss.

Every year the message boards seem to do this with some random player - labeling them a huge miss. It's usually someone that trainers have elevated beyond their actual value.  Sturdivant ran a 4.67 40 with a 4.31 shuttle at 177 pounds. He's a really long strider. He had an 11.7 100M PR until one single run where he got an 11.27 (color me skeptical) ~ 21' L J 38' TJ. He just isn't top tier athlete for his height/weight/position. If 247 rankings are about NFL potential, someone tell me the potential of a 6' 177 lb guy with these numbers at the combine.

Even in the 247 write up you get this ... 

Big-framed wideout with good height and frame length. Lean build but frame potential to eclipse 200-pound plateau. Produces big numbers against Texas 6A competition. Adequate tester with strong track profile. Competes in the 100 meters, 200 meters, long jump, and triple jump. 

Adding 25 pounds to those testing numbers doesn't scream good idea. He's a productive WR and good football player, but he does not jump out as a huge miss or screaming take to me. If one of you can sell me on him - please do. 

46 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Cain may prove to be a good take, but it isn’t a compelling argument that Texas saw something other schools didn’t.

Maybe if this had been a Coleman take I'd feel this way, but the guy who did the eval and the recruiting on Cain was Yurcich. So I'm going to go ahead and say that while it may not be compelling enough for them, I've watched enough Yurcich WRs that I've never heard of wreck defenses to go ahead and give him the benefit of the doubt. 

I'll say it again, outside of JoJo Earle and Quay Davis, this crop of in-state WRs is just meh. I could see Teddy Knox or Elijah Bean or Ketron Jackson developing into a quality WR, but I could also see any of those 3 guys mired on the depth chart for a few years only to xfer or graduate without a measurable impact. None of them make me feel like Texas is clearly missing out. Earle is painful. He's fantastic. Davis with his head on would be elite. Alexis is a no-brainer. Outside of them, I think waiting to see if any of the WR class develops is a good plan. It sucks that it's a down year in CA for WR as well. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Every year the message boards seem to do this with some random player - labeling them a huge miss. It's usually someone that trainers have elevated beyond their actual value.  Sturdivant ran a 4.67 40 with a 4.31 shuttle at 177 pounds. He's a really long strider. He had an 11.7 100M PR until one single run where he got an 11.27 (color me skeptical) ~ 21' L J 38' TJ. He just isn't top tier athlete for his height/weight/position. If 247 rankings are about NFL potential, someone tell me the potential of a 6' 177 lb guy with these numbers at the combine.

Adding 25 pounds to those testing numbers doesn't scream good idea. He's a productive WR and good football player, but he does not jump out as a huge miss or screaming take to me. If one of you can sell me on him - please do. 

Maybe if this had been a Coleman take I'd feel this way, but the guy who did the eval and the recruiting on Cain was Yurcich. So I'm going to go ahead and say that while it may not be compelling enough for them, I've watched enough Yurcich WRs that I've never heard of wreck defenses to go ahead and give him the benefit of the doubt. 

I'll say it again, outside of JoJo Earle and Quay Davis, this crop of in-state WRs is just meh. I could see Teddy Knox or Elijah Bean or Ketron Jackson developing into a quality WR, but I could also see any of those 3 guys mired on the depth chart for a few years only to xfer or graduate without a measurable impact. None of them make me feel like Texas is clearly missing out. Earle is painful. He's fantastic. Davis with his head on would be elite. Alexis is a no-brainer. Outside of them, I think waiting to see if any of the WR class develops is a good plan. It sucks that it's a down year in CA for WR as well. 

I’m not perfect. Giles’s bullshit once had me railing about Branard Wright, shall I remind you. But you still can’t sit there and tell me Cain couldn’t have waited. Like 6 more months.  

Also did you just dig up posts from like a week(s) ago? I can’t even remember what fucking month it is anymore. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Haha 1

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

I’m not perfect. Giles’s bullshit once had me railing about Branard Wright, shall I remind you. But you still can’t sit there and tell me Cain couldn’t have waited. Like 6 more months.  

Agreed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I will say a lot of people probably feel the same way about Juan Davis and to them I say "fuck that shit. Go get him." -- so maybe, Yurcich saw enough with Cain, that's my hope. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Agreed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I will say a lot of people probably feel the same way about Juan Davis and to them I say "fuck that shit. Go get him." -- so maybe, Yurcich saw enough with Cain, that's my hope. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, Davis I have the same feelings as you do. I'm not the evaluator you or Burt or others are on this site, but the people I speak with who know their shit in that regard say that Juan Davis is a motherfucking stud all the way. Flypaper hands, room to grow. So I have zero problem with that take. They do not say similar things about Cain. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

I'm thinking just removing the cancer that was Meh will go a long ways towards team morale. Or at the very least, the WRs will get coached on how to beat getting jammed off the line.

Coleman has the chance to make a real impression if he can get the current group of WRs rolling this season.  If that happens, I would look for players like Earl to flip

10 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Coleman has the chance to make a real impression if he can get the current group of WRs rolling this season.  If that happens, I would look for players like Earl to flip

Assuming Eagles plays, our starting WR’s are going to look really strong this year. Jake Smith is in line to have a Duvernay type year and from all appearances the WR group will look strong. It’s the 2-3 years down the road I’m worried about with the state of recruiting recently. Maybe that can be remedied with strong production on the field this year now that Fuck Face no longer coaches them. 

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

I like JJ Henry a lot 

29 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Assuming Eagles plays, our starting WR’s are going to look really strong this year. Jake Smith is in line to have a Duvernay type year and from all appearances the WR group will look strong. It’s the 2-3 years down the road I’m worried about with the state of recruiting recently. Maybe that can be remedied with strong production on the field this year now that Fuck Face no longer coaches them. 

On the bright side, stud WRs can contribute with the first team in year one. Of course, we haven't been landing those studs. 

I just watched the Junior season tapes of Andrew Mukuba and Devin Lemear back to back. I think Lemear might actually be the better safety prospect. He reads and reacts to the play faster than Mukuba, and has a great feel for the game in general. Look how many PBUs he had in a single season, pretty impressive. He reminds me a bit of Chris Brown.  I'm not sure that Mukuba is a better safety prospect than receiver prospect. He looks a lot like Kelvontay Dixon as a WR. I  would be plenty happy if we received both of their commitments and just treated Mukuba as an Athlete recruit. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ricky Butler said:

LSU has a lot more to deal with than us. They have a lot of talent and that beautiful new shiny trophy but dang.

LSU will be talented, but they lost both coordinators as well as a shit load of talent including Burrow. They are in the same boat without all the returning experience.