Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

If (when) the season is cancelled, recruiting will be wild as offers will have to be made to sophomores and juniors without a sophomore or junior season. At some point, the negative recruiting will also have to get around to a university's viability as 2-3 semesters of no sports and no or very few students on campus will sink the finances of some schools.

28 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Crazy to see Texas fans, who spent his entire tenure here bitching about how he recruited aces but it didn’t matter because he can’t coach for shit, drool over his recruiting.

Mack's strength never was coaching. That's why FSU owned him the first time around at UNC and Stoops owned him at Texas save for a few good years. 

He'd be away from coaching for awhile. Maybe he self reflected on his weaknesses, hired a kick ass staff, and will allow his coaches to fucking coach. And more importantly, no more Chris Hall choir boys.

Anyway, Fuck Mack. No more bandwidth of my time talking about him.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

it was obvious mack got his groove back when cameras caught him dancing in the locker room to da babys music mack knows how to connect with the young players it was very similar to how vince young had mack brown bopping to young jeezy music 

Was he bopping with thots tho?

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Sgt. Slaughter said:

It’s truly outrageous what people will justify to maintain their own entertainment. Not speaking directly to you, but to anyone who can’t understand that, in the grand scheme of things, football is trivial. We’re not discussing self-righteous kids who are rebelling against the system because they don’t want to work for anything, these are young men who are taking the only platform they have and using it to promote change. Sure, there will be parents and kids ambivalent to social change, but I would want to send my kid to a school that will teach them more about life than any textbook can. 

So don’t be a horses ass and suggest that the Brocks are avoiding a school because the current student athletes are realizing there is life outside of football. 

I follow a lot of these players on Instagram as well as Twitter. They are not social justice warriors. It’s just “cool” to be woke right now if you’re an athlete. The thing is they are just as big of jackasses as the rest of us were in college. Partying and chasing tail are still the priority with wokeness way down the list. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 4

1 hour ago, Luka Skywalker said:

I follow a lot of these players on Instagram as well as Twitter. They are not social justice warriors. It’s just “cool” to be woke right now if you’re an athlete. The thing is they are just as big of jackasses as the rest of us were in college. Partying and chasing tail are still the priority with wokeness way down the list. 

We should listen to this guy. He follows players on Instagram, so he definitely knows. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Luka Skywalker said:

Who expected them to be puritan culture warriors? You can have more than one priority in your life.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, hornfromdallas said:

would you like to hear a story about how the thots cost a blue chip recruit in the 2019 class? it involves a certain player who spent 2 weeks on campus 

It would only be a story, and not a true one. 

Edited by Neonmoon
  • Like 1

The team isn’t sitting out the season of the eve of, because the players aren’t united in the demands; a fraction of them want it all and want it now, but that is a group of players. And once many of the demands are met, that group likely shrinks, if that plan/threat is even true (I’m skeptical that it is, that poster seems Karl-like)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fud said:

The team isn’t sitting out the season of the eve of, because the players aren’t united in the demands; a fraction of them want it all and want it now, but that is a group of players. And once many of the demands are met, that group likely shrinks, if that plan/threat is even true (I’m skeptical that it is, that poster seems Karl-like)

It is, see above.

8 hours ago, Luka Skywalker said:

Is it hard to type that first sentence? 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, texifornia said:

Pretty girthy TFB OP this weekend. Give 'em a click: https://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2020/07/open-post-weekend-july-3rd-5th/

Their take that texas might be planning on counting bowman as a slot because texas isn’t recruiting more slots seems nonsensical to me considering Texas is probably landing Alexis and offered and is recruiting JJ Henry 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, texifornia said:

If Kelee Ringo couldn't pick up a pretty girl in ATX over two weeks, that seems like more of a Kelee problem rather than a UT problem.

Yea, I pulled plenty of high grade tail there and I’m a ginger non athlete. Karl’s just mad his cousin can’t get laid. 

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, hornfromdallas said:

would you like to hear a story about how the thots cost a blue chip recruit in the 2019 class? it involves a certain player who spent 2 weeks on campus 

Carl, thot-driven recruits don’t end up in fucking Athens. They end up at FSU. The FSU/FAMU parties are the stuff of legend. He could’ve stayed in state at ASU, or headed out west to UCLA if it was about thotlevels. Ringo got paid to go to the thotless wasteland that is UGA. It’s not Northwestern but there’s not much you can say in it’s favor either. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, texifornia said:

If Kelee Ringo couldn't pick up a pretty girl in ATX over two weeks, that seems like more of a Kelee problem rather than a UT problem.

Soooo....thots and prayers to Kelee? Maybe he'll have better luck in Athens with some country girls?

27 minutes ago, Fud said:

Their take that texas might be planning on counting bowman as a slot because texas isn’t recruiting more slots seems nonsensical to me considering Texas is probably landing Alexis and offered and is recruiting JJ Henry 

At this point, considering Bowman to be a receiver is nonsensical. Still too many moving parts with recruiting considering that it's still summer and who knows what the final class will be thanks to pandemic-induced/associated changes.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that there are several WR targets on the board including as least two that are committed to other schools which does not lend credence to any assertions that Bowman will be a receiver.

Edited by UDontKnow

Sooo... I watched Ja’Tavion Sanders highlights again.   Convince me he’s not a 5 star TE prospect also.  He’s got very good hands and very good speed.  Dude is out running DBs in some of those highlights.

How is he not the #1 player in the state?

9 hours ago, Luka Skywalker said:

From my interactions with Texas football players while I was in college I'd say a lot of them were actually huge assholes. Some were chill, but many were huge pricks with terrible social skills. 

• Like 5

Also, I just watched Ezra’s highlights.

What am I missing here? Why doesn’t this kid have an offer?  He’s much better than James.  He’s fast, strong, and can pull and run in the 2nd level.  He would probably help in Wheaton’s recruitment.  He plays in a competitive school district and goes up against a power 5 DE prospect every day in practice.  What the hell are we waiting on.  He can play guard and center.  

7 minutes ago, victory88 said:

What am I missing here? Why doesn’t this kid have an offer?  He’s much better than James.  He’s fast, strong, and can pull and run in the 2nd level.  He would probably help in Wheaton’s recruitment.  He plays in a competitive school district and goes up against a power 5 DE prospect every day in practice.  What the hell are we waiting on.  He can play guard and center.  

Roach indicated he was going to release a top schools list soon and Texas would be in it even without offering.  Seems like we could get this one in the boat quick with an offer.  Just hope they don't offer the day of or after when James B. commits to Bama' be a bad look IMO.  But yeah, this kid should have been offered a while back.  He's already playing in one of the All-Star games.  Looks like a kid that could definately start as a RS Soph at Guard or Center.  I bett he ends up a composite 4*, which you don't see much with Centers.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

5 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Welcome back to the recruiting board! We're apparently spread-eagling for the Brocks while Bama's already gone ahead and recruited over James in his own class.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Bolero88 said:

From my interactions with Texas football players while I was in college I'd say a lot of them were actually huge assholes. Some were chill, but many were huge pricks with terrible social skills. 

Matt Nordgren would pass out modeling cards on 6th. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Sooo... I watched Ja’Tavion Sanders highlights again.   Convince me he’s not a 5 star TE prospect also.  He’s got very good hands and very good speed.  Dude is out running DBs in some of those highlights.

How is he not the #1 player in the state?

He’d be an awesome h-back 

I think he and Tommy are 1a/1B 

21 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Roach indicated he was going to release a top schools list soon and Texas would be in it even without offering.  Seems like we could get this one in the boat quick with an offer.  Just hope they don't offer the day of or after when James B. commits to Bama' be a bad look IMO.  But yeah, this kid should have been offered a while back.  He's already playing in one of the All-Star games.  Looks like a kid that could definately start as a RS Soph at Guard or Center.  I bett he ends up a composite 4*, which you don't see much with Centers.

They appear to be prioritizing Myslinky over Ezra 

17 minutes ago, Fud said:

They appear to be prioritizing Myslinky over Ezra 

We will need them both. And a tackle at some point, unless Conner can actually handle RT. Or they get in on some others.  Doesn’t feel like they cast a very wide net at OL, and like previous positions in previous years it’s biting them in the ass when their top 3-4 go elsewhere.