Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

1 hour ago, Fud said:

It’s also absurd for 18-20 year olds to be bitching about massive organizations not making changes fast enough for their liking while the changes are being worked on, and it’s fair to be annoyed at said 18-20 years for bitching about it

Actually it would be absurd if they were 40 yr olds.  18-20 yr olds probably don't understand what needs to happen to get these things done and if history is any guide they are being wary of those in charge offering platitudes to appease them while hoping this will blow over.  

• Like 5

3 hours ago, irishtexan said:

They're not telling anyone how to act or think. They're saying "if you want to continue to make hundreds of millions of dollars off of our athletic achievement then do these things or we won't play". Try paying attention next time.

Am I not paying attention?   That seems like telling someone how to act.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Veerbone said:

Am I not paying attention?   That seems like telling someone how to act.

They are giving them a choice.  The administration can choose to go whichever way they want, but there are consequences to the decision.  

23 minutes ago, Moderator said:

Actually it would be absurd if they were 40 yr olds.  18-20 yr olds probably don't understand what needs to happen to get these things done and if history is any guide they are being wary of those in charge offering platitudes to appease them while hoping this will blow over.  

Maybe TPTB should tell them the road map. Maybe they already have. We don’t know what’s been said and promised by when and by whom. 

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Not recruiting, but this thread could use a break...

Hearing some number changes for a couple players:

• Josh Thompson from 29  to  9
  • Jordan Whittington from 21  to  3

You mean you “saw” this on 247.

Oh, and FCB

Edited by MuellerHorn

2 hours ago, Moderator said:

I’d understand this if the 18-20 year olds weren’t bitching about changes not being made within a week of the initial complaints 

45 minutes ago, Veerbone said:

So telling them how to act or else.

That's essentially how any interaction in society works.  Those with power dictate terms.  Your employer tells you how to act.  Whether they have enough power to make their demands is the deciding factor if something happens.  Since the players bring in a lot of revenue, I'm going to guess that almost all the demands will be met.  Also who is the "them" they telling how to act?  I doubt CDC or Hartzell give a shit about keeping anything the same.  

39 minutes ago, Fud said:

I’d understand this if the 18-20 year olds weren’t bitching about changes not being made within a week of the initial complaints 

What is someone told you it has been more than three weeks since their request?  Would you still consider them "bitching?"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GW Hayduke said:

What is someone told you it has been more than three weeks since their request?  Would you still consider them "bitching?"

What if someone told you that the bitching commenced within one week 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, Fud said:

What if someone told you that the bitching commenced within one week 

So you were "understanding" until the perceived one-week bitching event.  Now after more than 3 weeks are you back on team "understanding?" Or should those 18-20 year olds wait another 3 weeks to be blessed with your "understanding?"

5 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

So you were "understanding" until the perceived one-week bitching event.  Now after more than 3 weeks are you back on team "understanding?" Or should those 18-20 year olds wait another 3 weeks to be blessed with your "understanding?"

“I’m” “understanding” “of” “most” “of” “the” “underlining” “issues”. “I’m” “not” “understanding” “of” “the” “bitching” “when” “it” “doesn’t” “all” “happen” “a” “s” “a” “p”

1 minute ago, Fud said:

“I’m” “understanding” “of” “most” “of” “the” “underlining” “issues”. “I’m” “not” “understanding” “of” “the” “bitching” “when” “it” “doesn’t” “all” “happen” “a” “s” “a” “p”

I understand you are upset.  When you say "ASAP" are you referring to the one-week bitching event you perceived, to today (over three weeks from their request), or are referring to another three weeks into the future?  It's only fair our student athletes know exactly when they can get your "understanding" since it is vitally important.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Fud said:

You should join Twitter, think you'll love it.

19 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Everyone knows if you want real change you ask POLITELY one time and then just wait to see what happens. Maybe you send a follow up email after a couple of months, but that’s it. 

When does the sternly worded letter factor in?

4 minutes ago, golfclap said:

fuck that guy. 

I’m all for this talk and I hope it continues to be the narrative. I hope it just keeps escalating. 

Riley hasn’t coached a single QB in his career, as OC or HC, that he developed from recruit to starter. 

Rattler struggled turning the ball over in practice against the shitastic OU DBs. It’s not a new problem for him. 

Rattler threw 33 INTs in 42 high school games. Sam threw 9 in 26, Baker threw 8 in 29, Kyler threw 16 in 32, and Hurts threw 7 in 16. 

Rattler is going to put up some stats but anyone expecting him to be a step up for OU in QB play is making some huge assumptions.

FWIW — OU played in 6 one score games last season and Hurts never threw more than 1 INT in any game. 

im hoping the whispers about what a douche he is comes to full bloom in  the season. Kyler almost went there with his exchange with Sam after the shootout, and his crying jag post game. 

but i want full on meltdown. team implosion. public discord. dogs and cats living together. is that too much to ask for?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bevo14 said:

Waddle or bust.

Since you brought him up, and we all enjoy humor....

One 1st Rd Mock Projection for 2021 NFL Draft...

8. Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama

JAYLEN WADDLE
WR Alabama
Miami Dolphins

https://nflmocks.com/2020/06/27/2021-nfl-draft-justin-fields-mock-draft/9/

Edited by LTtxfan

34 minutes ago, golfclap said:

fuck that guy. 

I’m all for this talk and I hope it continues to be the narrative. I hope it just keeps escalating. 

Riley hasn’t coached a single QB in his career, as OC or HC, that he developed from recruit to starter. 

Rattler struggled turning the ball over in practice against the shitastic OU DBs. It’s not a new problem for him. 

Rattler threw 33 INTs in 42 high school games. Sam threw 9 in 26, Baker threw 8 in 29, Kyler threw 16 in 32, and Hurts threw 7 in 16. 

Rattler is going to put up some stats but anyone expecting him to be a step up for OU in QB play is making some huge assumptions.

FWIW — OU played in 6 one score games last season and Hurts never threw more than 1 INT in any game. 

Did he recruit Shane Carden at ECU?

11 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

Did he recruit Shane Carden at ECU?

Not really. I mean - very indirectly but not by choice or by eval. Riley wanted Hutson Mason.

Holgo essentially told Ruffin to take Carden, so McNeil signed him. BJ Symons had been working with Carden so he already knew the Leach offense, drills, everything.

so... kind of gets half credit almost but not really. I guess.