Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

6 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

He, Cody Jackson, and Mario Williams are the land thief commits with offers. None of them feel likely. Shitting on blOU was probably unrelated. Welcome, but unrelated.

8 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

He, Cody Jackson, and Mario Williams are the land thief commits with offers. None of them feel likely. Shitting on blOU was probably unrelated. Welcome, but unrelated.

Troy Omeire’s tweet just now tells me different. Long time lurker, rare poster. Nothing from TFB on this yet btw. Thx for the welcome though. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Okcool said:

Troy Omeire’s tweet just now tells me different. Long time lurker, rare poster. Nothing from TFB on this yet btw. Thx for the welcome though. 

No no, dragging blOU was welcome. I know you as a poster. I cringe want to snort coke every time I see your avatar. 

Edited by Ricky's one-hitter
Edited for accuracy

1 minute ago, Getafix said:

Order of Surly sources:

- Porta potty girl

- Uber driver

- 7-11 guy

- workout warrior cousin 

- roach 🪳 Cockroach Emoji

-  Roach

image.png

I think it's just that he's been on the Bobby Burton diet plan, so he can't go out on a limb because it will beak.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fud said:

Doesn't appear to be any junior hudl for Crowdus 

Yeah, I've only seen a few of the IMG clips - the punt return and the long pass over the middle. Those might be enough though. I wanted to see if his football speed and his track/testing speed are similar. It certainly looks like he can go ... 

1 minute ago, KYHorn said:

He seems to either be attending IMG or previously attended. Not sure where it fits in because 247 has him listed at Frederick Douglass

Went for his JR year but is back home for the SR year. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

Order of Surly sources:

- Porta potty girl

- Uber driver

- 7-11 guy

- workout warrior cousin 

- roach 🪳 Cockroach Emoji

-  Roach

aren't you missing the high school student who saw Walker Little wearing an orange shirt the day of his commitment?

• Like 2

Horns 247 / Mike Roach / Afternoon Delight: New WR target emerging for Texas?

Spoiler

Afternoon Delight: New WR target emerging for Texas?

MikeRoach

—The Texas class is over halfway full at the mid-point of the recruiting calendar. The class currently sits at No. 10 in the 247Sports recruiting rankings, and the Longhorns are actually in a position to finish strong. Despite some lower-rated takes, the Longhorns could find themselves to finish strong with a great season. Texas is done at quarterback and close to done at defensive back. The biggest indicator will be how the staff can fill out the class on both the offensive and defensive lines along with wide receiver.

—Speaking of how things progress at wide receiver, there is a new name to keep an eye on. Texas offered Lexington (KY) Frederick Douglass wide receiver Dekel Crowdus without much fanfare, but it sounds like there’s some buzz behind the scenes there. Andre Coleman has been in contact with the Kentucky commit and several commits have been working on him. JD Coffey has a pre-existing relationship with Crowdus going back to his freshman year when the two started communicating over social media. To my knowledge, nothing is imminent there, but Texas is starting to generate some buzz.  In checking with some folks around Crowdus, it doesn't sound like there's any reason to doubt his commitment to Kentucky, but he is at least listening to Texas.

—The Dallas-based commits have also been working on Shemar Turner. Coffey has been spearheading that effort from what I’ve been told as the Longhorns look to add an elite defensive line talent to the 2021 class. Texas was already sitting in a strong position for Turner, and now the Texas commits are turning it on with him. Texas is pulling out all of the stops with Turner. Both Oscar Giles and Mark Hagen are working on him with Jay Valai and Chris Ash also involved. Now the current commits are getting in on the fun too.

—Nobody seems to know when Pompano Beach (Fla.) Monarch wide receiver Jaden Alexis plans to make his decision. That said, everything I’m hearing from the Sunshine State still points to Texas as the leader in the clubhouse. The Longhorns have the most momentum and buzz at this point of the year and it seems like a matter of when and not if at this point.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

aren't you missing the high school student who saw Walker Little wearing an orange shirt the day of his commitment?

Yeah, I remembered that guy, but he slipped my mind as I wrote the post ... sigh.

So many sources.  So little time.

—Nobody seems to know when Pompano Beach (Fla.) Monarch wide receiver Jaden Alexis plans to make his decision. That said, everything I’m hearing from the Sunshine State still points to Texas as the leader in the clubhouse. The Longhorns have the most momentum and buzz at this point of the year and it seems like a matter of when and not if at this point.

I'm not sure that saying means what he thinks it does

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"In checking with some folks around Crowdus, it doesn't sound like there's any reason to doubt his commitment to Kentucky, but he is at least listening to Texas."

Isn't listening to Texas a reason to doubt his commitment to Kentucky?  This sort of stuff drives me nuts.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Getafix said:

—Nobody seems to know when Pompano Beach (Fla.) Monarch wide receiver Jaden Alexis plans to make his decision. That said, everything I’m hearing from the Sunshine State still points to Texas as the leader in the clubhouse.

So Roach doesn't understand golf methaphors...

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

"In checking with some folks around Crowdus, it doesn't sound like there's any reason to doubt his commitment to Kentucky, but he is at least listening to Texas."

Isn't listening to Texas a reason to doubt his commitment to Kentucky?  This sort of stuff drives me nuts.

Hey, Roach's wife is also fully committed. She just also happens to be listening to her coworker Derek, zero reason to doubt her commitment to Roach