Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

15 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Blake is kind of doing the same thing with his kids isn’t he?  Personally, I’d let my son go wherever he wanted, but if he chose OU or A&M I’d make it a point to show up to his games wearing burnt orange.

There's a huge difference because fuck Oklahoma and A&M

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Blake is kind of doing the same thing with his kids isn’t he?  Personally, I’d let my son go wherever he wanted, but if he chose OU or A&M I’d make it a point to show up to his games wearing burnt orange.

I would say that Blake is doing the exact opposite.

If the tales about Bryce Foster's mom are true, she is literally steering him away from the perfect place for him to continue in football and a place that has a proven track record with Olympic throwing. Blake on the other hand appears to be sending his kids to the place that has the proven track record of developing OL talent and placing it highly into the NFL draft.

Edited by Orange&White
  • Like 6

40 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Has this ever actually been confirmed or this just sour grapes feelings that are continually reaffirmed in the surly echo chamber?

What exactly do you expect to be confirmation of that? Do you think you’re gonna get a quote from him saying, “my mom won’t let me go to Texas.”

She has a posting history on TexAgs. There’s plenty of evidence she will go to great lengths to not have Bryce at Texas. 

6 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

What exactly do you expect to be confirmation of that? Do you think you’re gonna get a quote from him saying, “my mom won’t let me go to Texas.”

She has a posting history on TexAgs. There’s plenty of evidence she will go to great lengths to not have Bryce at Texas. 

That's what I am talking about. Where is that evidence? I've heard all about it but never seen anything other than posters here repeat it. I'm not trying to be a dick, but all I've ever heard is the same generic shit about how his mom won't let him go to Texas. If there is something to read I am glad to read it and not bring it up again.

1 hour ago, Orange&White said:

I would say that Blake is doing the exact opposite.

If the tales about Bryce Foster's mom are true, she is literally steering him away from the perfect place for him to continue in football and a place that has a proven track record with Olympic throwing. Blake on the other hand appears to be sending his kids to the place that has the proven track record of developing OL talent and placing it highly into the NFL draft.

Hasn’t Riley had a few highly drafted linemen or am I misremembering?

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Lulz TFB has a thread titled "Texas needs to offer Ezra Oyetade"

Darius Terrell just watched his highlights awhile back and has been all about him since...they also arent wrong, I think hes a quality take

• Like 2

That's what I am talking about. Where is that evidence? I've heard all about it but never seen anything other than posters here repeat it. I'm not trying to be a dick, but all I've ever heard is the same generic shit about how his mom won't let him go to Texas. If there is something to read I am glad to read it and not bring it up again.

Someone posted her twitter handle up thread. Take a stroll through it and you can see it. She re-tweets everything from A&M (Tex-Ags, player commitments, etc). She does have a couple of re-tweets for Riley and some Oregon stuff, but 99% is Texas A&M related.

18 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

There may or may not be "insiders" that post on various message boards. Believe them or not, who gives a fuck, live your life. So last year when Hayden Connor and MIlroe commited, there was rumors that Foster was going to commit to Texas as well. The 9.95rs and players were hinting at it for whatever that's worth. Some "insiders" confirmed that Foster was about to commit to Texas but then that got shut down by his family. Who knows if that was true. Same with the rumor that Looch made some calls to convince the family to not let it happen. Again just rumors. Believe what you want. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, EE2B said:

Someone posted her twitter handle up thread. Take a stroll through it and you can see it. She re-tweets everything from A&M (Tex-Ags, player commitments, etc). She does have a couple of re-tweets for Riley and some Oregon stuff, but 99% is Texas A&M related.

I know that she's an aggie. That is not in dispute. It is the notion that she won't let him commit to Texas.

4 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

I know that she's an aggie. That is not in dispute. It is the notion that she won't let him commit to Texas.

When he was rumored to be joining Conner & Milroe at UT, I think she posted on texags that wouldn’t happen.  Think that’s as close as there is to any proof as you’ll get.  As Burt said, he’s not going to say that his mom forbids it.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

There were some of her posts on TexAgs where she specifically said it wouldn't be UT - whether you want to take that as gospel, or just as she was calming the redass masses on TexAgs from kicking her out of the cult, you be the judge.  Right around the time it was looking like he might follow his teammates/friends.  

Edited by fattyflattie
cochamps beat me to it.
  • Like 3

Just now, fattyflattie said:

There were some of her posts on TexAgs where she specifically said it wouldn't be UT - whether you want to take that as gospel, or just as she was calming the redass masses on TexAgs from kicking her out of the cult, you be the judge.  Right around the time it was looking like he might follow his teammates/friends.  

Somebody go find the post.

It was basically saying that Bryce would take his time, no impending commitment to anywhere which flew in the face of 9.95 consensus. So, yeah. Drawing conclusions by thinking critically

3 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

I'm too lazy to go back to the entire thing but I'm pretty sure that the weekend that Milroe commited - followed shortly by Conner that it was intimated not only by Carrington, Milroe, and Hand that Foster was also in the boat - then by Brandon Campbell who if I remember correctly might have been on that visit and said some shit on IG/snap about it. I think your friend and mine, Tunmise also said some shit on IG, but I've slept since then and am too lazy to conjure it all back up. It was pretty well covered ground for 2-3 days and was then followed by the infamous TexAgs post which she posted right on the heels of the Conner announcement and during TexAgs freakout to calm the natives :: 

image.png

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

She posted on Texags that Bryce is not a follower and won’t be basing his decisions around his friends committing to Texas. There’s a screen shot of this somewhere.  This was posted on Texags right when the rumors started circulating that he wanted to commit to Texas.  Then he did a 180 and all the sudden Texas was basically out of it.

• Like 3

CTJ last September. That prescient MFer...

This fits exactly into what others have heard. 

Foster was ready to commit. Redass gets fired inside the family and gets a pep talk from Liucci and crew, and throws a fit. 

So they compromise and take a “let’s make sure you’re making the right decision” approach and he’s going to visit some other schools before committing. OU might actually be a risk of being the compromise school if the redass is too strong in this one. 

I’m betting Texas when it is all said and done. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Orange&White said:

Has this ever actually been confirmed or this just sour grapes feelings that are continually reaffirmed in the surly echo chamber?

again, look at her twitter account and know she posts on TexAgs - feel free to dig into her post history.

if he wants to be an Olympic level thrower, the number of programs that mold dudes into that isn't a very long list. Texas is on that list.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NoName said:

again, look at her twitter account and know she posts on TexAgs - feel free to dig into her post history.

if he wants to be an Olympic level thrower, the number of programs that mold dudes into that isn't a very long list. Texas is on that list.

Not to mention, Hand has been recruiting him since the 8th grade.  He’s also a smart kid high on academics, and two of his beat friends and teammates from pop warner who he won a little league championship with are committed to Texas.  Texas checks every box from academics, relationships, elite shot-put program, blue blood school, close to home, and players he already knows.  Mom is so redass, she doesn’t give a fuck what’s best for her son.  She’d rather send him to Oregon where she’ll never watch him play than for him to suit up in burnt orange.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, cochamps said:

You don’t have to be Perry Mason to figure out what happened.

I think that's kinda around the truth of it. I don't see why not just saying that would be enough, instead of clippings of a bunch of quotes that don't really say a whole lot. 

"She posts on TexAgs!!" So she's an aggy?

"She durn't like YouTee!" So she's an aggy?

"Everything adds up to her son wanting to go to UT, but for some reason it appears he's not." Ahh, so momma got to him. 

22 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Tangentially related: Wells believes the staff thinks Myslinski has more upside than Ezra. Size queen Tom strikes again. 

You'd think the son of an NFL strength coach isn't exactly an upside play. I do like that Iowa is after him hard, they do OL really well.

So Myslinski is 6'2" 285, and Oyetade is 6'3" 285 - what do you mean size queen Tom?

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

You'd think the son of an NFL strength coach isn't exactly an upside play.

So Myslinski is 6'2" 285, and Oyetade is 6'3" 285 - what do you mean size queen Tom?

I do like that Iowa is after him hard, they do OL really well.

I thought Ezra was shorter than that. Either way, the knock on Oyetade is short arms.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

You'd think the son of an NFL strength coach isn't exactly an upside play. I do like that Iowa is after him hard, they do OL really well.

Not that I agree with taking Myslinki over Ezra, but it's possible the staff has more relevant measurables than listed heights and weights 

• Like 3

Does Wells have any staff connections? I ask because I could see the staff liking Myslinski for a certain role, or even as a damn good player - a guy with a very high floor who knows exactly what is expected of him in terms of work and commitment, etc ...   but more upside? Upside is very specific and in this case, it just doesn't apply. That would go directly against everything we've seen from this staff, specifically the S&C staff. If he doesn't have a good source and is instead drawing that conclusion based on current recruiting activity, then he's missing a Blake Brockermeyer-sized step. 

9 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Either way, the knock on Oyetade is short arms.

hmm.gif  

oZGNS8B6_400x400.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Does Wells have any staff connections? I ask because I could see the staff liking Myslinski for a certain role, or even as a damn good player - a guy with a very high floor who knows exactly what is expected of him in terms of work and commitment, etc ...   but more upside? Upside is very specific and in this case, it just doesn't apply. That would go directly against everything we've seen from this staff, specifically the S&C staff. If he doesn't have a good source and is instead drawing that conclusion based on current recruiting activity, then he's missing a Blake Brockermeyer-sized step. 

hmm.gif  

oZGNS8B6_400x400.jpg

Not very photogenic

6 minutes ago, Fud said:

Might just be the staff doesn't want to potentially take three smaller interior guys (James Brock, Myslinki, Ezra) 

But together they can be a force like the autobots or Dan Neil and Kasey Studdard.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Tangentially related: Wells believes the staff thinks Myslinski has more upside than Ezra. Size queen Tom strikes again. 

Well it's not like their OL evals have been off a lot of the time, like say Jimbo's.

I agree with golfclap. It's much more likely that Myslinski is a better scheme fit for what they want. Though I would be happy if they took both, because really, they are looking like a whiff parade on the Brocks and Byrd. The dream class of Conner, Brocks, Byrd, and Foster is quickly becoming Conner.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Well it's not like their OL evals have been off a lot of the time, like say Jimbo's.

I agree with golfclap. It's much more likely that Myslinski is a better scheme fit for what they want. Though I would be happy if they took both, because really, they are looking like a whiff parade on the Brocks and Byrd. The dream class of Conner, Brocks, Byrd, and Foster is quickly becoming Conner.

Cant Hear You La La GIF by blackbear

• Like 1

I can’t really figure out why they haven’t offered Ezra. Definitely seems like a mistake to me, but I guess we’ll have to see  what the OL class ends up looking like. If we get the Brocks with Conner and 1-2 other quality takes, passing on him probably won’t be an issue. However, if we miss on the Brocks, I have a hard time seeing any scenario where not going full out for Oyetade starting about 3 months ago won’t end up looking like a huge mistake. 

Myslinki seems like a pretty underwhelming offer to me, but if Hand really likes his work ethic and mental preparation, then I could understand Hand being higher on him than the film/measurables suggest. On the bright side, Myslinki does have offers from Iowa and Oregon, which are two of the best OL eval schools in the country. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

I can’t really figure out why they haven’t offered Ezra. Definitely seems like a mistake to me, but I guess we’ll have to see  what the OL class ends up looking like. If we get the Brocks with Conner and 1-2 other quality takes, passing on him probably won’t be an issue. However, if we miss on the Brocks, I have a hard time seeing any scenario where not going full out for Oyetade starting about 3 months ago won’t end up looking like a huge mistake. 

Myslinki seems like a pretty underwhelming offer to me, but if Hand really likes his work ethic and mental preparation, then I could understand Hand being higher on him than the film/measurables suggest. On the bright side, Myslinki does have offers from Iowa and Oregon, which are two of the best OL eval schools in the country. 

Are the coaches the only ones who don’t know the Brocks have committed to Bama?

13 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Are the coaches the only ones who don’t know the Brocks have committed to Bama?

It's as if Tom is just waiting for them to make it official with Bama before offering Ezra.  Does he think the fanbase will give him blowback for offering a potential OC before the Brocks make it official?

12 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Thanks for posting this..  Here's to hoping he is a diamond

On a sentimental note, it's always fun hoping the lowest-ranked guy in the class turns into an LJH.

That said I'd be more hopeful if he was similar athletic-but-raw dude.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 2