Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

5 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Is it that Kendrick Blackshire is committing to Bama last weekend? Because I think that was the last nugget you gave out

And the Brock Bros are also supposed to commit to Bama shortly thereafter. Was also part of Carl's last nugget.

11 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Hand, Iowa and Oregon all liking this kid is so weird.

Yeah. I haven't watched his film hardly at all, but I'm beyond confused by our OL choices and us being high on him along with those schools. 

10 minutes ago, texifornia said:

It's like a new Higdon. I love it. Feels like Malikmas season all over again.

Definitely reminds me of Higdon more than anything.  I miss the 2016 recruiting thread.  That class fucking sucked in retrospect, but man, lurking on that thread was absolutely hilarious. The insanity of thinking we were fucked, then Higdon dropping lotto numbers and just generally writing incoherent ramblings that the world's foremost cryptographers couldn't have unraveled, then like half the class coming together in the week leading up to NSD, the Baylor fallout and nabbing the Duvernay bros, Hudson, and Urquidez pushing us up to 6 or so in the rankings and jumping aggy, only for it all to fall apart the next season and see like half the class already transfer out one year later. 

It was basically the 2015 Notre Dame game of recruiting classes. An incredible event to experience, only to realize later it was all shit.

9 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Is it that Kendrick Blackshire is committing to Bama last weekend? Because I think that was the last nugget you gave out

To be fair, he did get a massive run of CB picks to Bama sometime after, so I'd say it's more a matter of a recruit not sticking to his commitment timeline than the info being bad.  

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

Yeah, I didn’t think I was being particularly subtle.

But seriously, this is what Myslinski looks like in high school - do you really think the son of an NFL S&C coach is maxed out at 17 looking like this:

image.thumb.jpeg.15fc8cc74cc60454e6194524fe4613ac.jpeg

Starting offense, PLACE AT THE TABLE!  written all over him.

At this point it doesn’t seem unreasonable to think there will be no classes on campus this fall and possibly this spring.   What effect does that have on early enrollees decisions on where to play?  Playing close to home makes sense, voluntary workouts and such, though how does housing figure into the scenario. 

aggy could be completely fucked with their OOS recruiting strategy. 

Brocks probably had a valid concern that they could be walking into a transition class if they committed here, now it looks like the staff will be here through at least 2021.  Meanwhile Saban will be another year closer to retirement,  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Are we sure Herman isn't involved in these evaluations?

Josh Jones was just drafted in the 3rd round at UH. Another Herman evaluation on the OL. Say what you will about Herman but he seems to have a good eye for OL talent. 

Derek Chang should be given some credit too, but it’s hard to say. Warehime was the OL coach when Jones and Cosmi committed today UH, and when we grabbed Kerstetter late. Only time will tell whether it was Warehime is a shitty recruiter and coach but a savant at evals, or if the credit for those guys should go to Herman/Chang.

1 hour ago, hornfromdallas said:

two brother o lineman have re entered the recruit/player group chat :ph34r:

a certain ol with a mom issue has been more active as well  :ph34r:

Foster is holding off committing to Texas as long as he can to keep mama off his back for as long as possible.

2 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Let me get this straight....

We’re supposed to banish “Carl” when he says things we don’t want to hear but believe him when he tells us things we like? Am I getting this clearly?

Jesus Fucksticks, is this TexAgs?

The "things we don't want to hear" was endless rambling about how the "thots" at Texas aren't slutty/attractive/whatever enough for today's college football recruits. Which was pretty damn weird.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

The "things we don't want to hear" was endless rambling about how the "thots" at Texas aren't slutty/attractive/whatever enough for today's college football recruits. Which was pretty damn weird.

Wasn’t this exact same poster telling us last fucking week that the Brocks are silent to Bama and it would be public in a matter of days?

I could give a fuck about Thots and other ramblings.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Wasn’t this exact same poster telling us last fucking week that the Brocks are silent to Bama and it would be public in a matter of days?

New Shit Has Come To Light Big Lebowski GIF ...

Also, the march to 1000.....32.9% of the way there.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

do some research before coming at a bruh like this

go look at all the crystal balls blackshire got days after i told you all he had silently committed & the brocks left the chat 

i have receipts all over this thread youre going to make me ss & post the images from the player/recruit group convos from my fams phone & ruin the info train but i will because im petty as fucc 

Edited by hornfromdallas
  • Fuck You 1