Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

1 hour ago, hornfromdallas said:

where is that fucc boi who tried to call me out

i told you all it wasnt a wr or offensive recruit & today 995ers said this

also i have told someone on here in private who the recruit is weeks ago he can vouch for me up when it happens 

might want to take a look at this *wink wink*

never take a shot at the king & miss fucc boi 

my info is 100 💯

1 hour ago, hornfromdallas said:

dont ever doubt my group chat info fucc boi

Carl apparently lives by this creed:

fuccboi gifs | WiffleGif

...hasn't the video been filmed for like two months? Or is this an update to say the editor finally figured out how to edit footage?

EDIT: Or I suppose he could've shot endings for all finalists and only just recently decided on which ending he wanted.

Edited by gordogg24p

3 hours ago, Moderator said:

So if we stopped getting top flight players and cease to be ever be a competitive football team, it's your position that the revenue would continue at the same level?  

Well, we've sucked for ten years.  And our revenue is more than double what it was when we were good.

A D league team would smoke the Longhorns and pretty much any D-1 team.  Yet no one watches it.  College basketball fills stands and has monster tv deals.

You let the top 1000 recruits go to a D league.  No one would watch or care, similar to minor league basketball and baseball.  College football would keep on keeping on.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Well, we've sucked for ten years.  And our revenue is more than double what it was when we were good.

A D league team would smoke the Longhorns and pretty much any D-1 team.  Yet no one watches it.  College basketball fills stands and has monster tv deals.

You let the top 1000 recruits go to a D league.  No one would watch or care, similar to minor league basketball and baseball.  College football would keep on keeping on.

This is a false premise. Sure, if 1k players went to HBC’s we’d still watch our college football. But that wasn’t the scenario. It was if 1000 top athletes went everywhere but Texas and we became Baylor of the 90s. 

23 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Someone named “Carl” who has inside info on the UT football team and also speaks the same as all the kids on the team can only mean it’s one person: Carl Reese. 

carl-reese-16a35480-30dd-4450-9201-81f26

Thank you for your updates Mr. Reese. 

There's only one way to be sure; ask him to draw a diagram showing where Linebackers are supposed to line up.

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

If we end up landing Turner I can't wait to see the Looch spin on Texas getting 3/4 of what he said were the only "SEC West" caliber DL in the state.

So that would be like 5/7 in the last two cycles. With the other 2 going to Florida and LSU.

52 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

We landed umberalien before we didn’t. Count it! 6/7. 

Umbrage went to Florida, right? I was looking at their in state recruiting and it looks like everyone is raiding the state of Florida (especially Bama) and the in state schools are sucking. I'm sure it isn't a new trend and the state of Texas is losing its fair share to out of state schools but it is kind of weird that California and Florida are losing most of their high school athletes to universities in other states. To me it says that California and Florida colleges need to hire better coaches and that it pays for schools (like Oregon and Georgia and Alabama) to cheat.

3 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Umbrage went to Florida, right? I was looking at their in state recruiting and it looks like everyone is raiding the state of Florida (especially Bama) and the in state schools are sucking. I'm sure it isn't a new trend and the state of Texas is losing its fair share to out of state schools but it is kind of weird that California and Florida are losing most of their high school athletes to universities in other states. To me it says that California and Florida colleges need to hire better coaches and that it pays for schools (like Oregon and Georgia and Alabama) to cheat.

California's a funky one since their public universities are very academics-first, so there's plenty to go around even when SC is good. Florida... nope, they should sweep their talented kids.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

This is a false premise. Sure, if 1k players went to HBC’s we’d still watch our college football. But that wasn’t the scenario. It was if 1000 top athletes went everywhere but Texas and we became Baylor of the 90s. 

Whatever fucc boi

Horns 247 / Mike Roach / Mike at Night: Tidbits on 2022 targets

Spoiler

Mike at Night: Tidbits on 2022 targets

MikeRoach

—I spoke with Southlake Carroll quarterback Quinn Ewers today. It sounds like the recruiting process is still going pretty slow for him and he doesn’t feel a need to rush. He remains in contact with several schools, including Texas. While he doesn’t really like to talk about his recruitment much, I asked him which school was on him the hardest right now and he said Ohio State would have to be the answer. As a 2022 prospect, coaches are not supposed to call Ewers directly. At times, there can be lapses in communication if a coach reaches out to the high school. Ohio State was the first school to offer Ewers, and he has family ties to that area. While Oklahoma originally looked to be the school to threaten Texas the most, Ohio State is moving well behind the scenes.

—Nick Harris spoke to Del Valle wide receiver Caleb Burton today. The elite 2022 wide receiver previously had Texas behind a few schools, but Nick got the feeling the Longhorns are moving up. One reason for that is Andre Coleman. The Texas wide receivers coach has been locked in on Burton, and he told Nick that Texas feels like family to him. Oklahoma and Ohio State were two schools that previously stood out for him, but it sounds like Texas is making its way into the top group.

—I spoke briefly with Duncanville standouts Omari Abor and Jaylen Early over the weekend. Texas has been in heavy contact with both since offering. Herb Hand has been working on Jaylen Early, and the four-star offensive lineman said he likes the relationship developing there. Texas has also been pushing for edge rusher Omari Abor. The two-sport star is also a standout basketball player, and he said that Texas spoke with him about playing both sports recently which stood out to him.

—Is there a chance Texas could take a kicker this year? I spoke with Southlake Carroll kicker Joe McFadden earlier today. The All-American Bowl kicker has been talking with Jay Boulware in the last few weeks and Texas is letting him know he's a target for them. McFadden said he feels that Texas will take a kicker this year, which would make sense with Cameron Dicker entering his junior season. It's likely Texas chooses to wait until the fall to make a move at the position.

—Too many times we focus on when Texas was too late on a kid and we don’t laud them for making great early evals. When Texas offered El Paso Burges running back Tavorus Jones a few months ago, many question marks went up. Since that time, he’s collected offers from Alabama, Arizona State, Baylor, Florida, Maryland and Texas A&M. 2022 rankings will get a refresher on Wednesday, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Jones makes his debut. Of course, we will have you covered with tons of content once those rankings drop so check in around lunchtime Wednesday.

• Like 3

“—I spoke briefly with Duncanville standouts Omari Abor and Jaylen Early over the weekend. Texas has been in heavy contact with both since offering. Herb Hand has been working on Jaylen Early, and the four-star offensive lineman said he likes the relationship developing there. Texas has also been pushing for edge rusher Omari Abor. The two-sport star is also a standout basketball player, and he said that Texas spoke with him about playing both sports recently which stood out to him.”

200.gif

32 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Horns 247 / Mike Roach / Mike at Night: Tidbits on 2022 targets

Reveal hidden contents

Mike at Night: Tidbits on 2022 targets

MikeRoach

—I spoke with Southlake Carroll quarterback Quinn Ewers today. It sounds like the recruiting process is still going pretty slow for him and he doesn’t feel a need to rush. He remains in contact with several schools, including Texas. While he doesn’t really like to talk about his recruitment much, I asked him which school was on him the hardest right now and he said Ohio State would have to be the answer. As a 2022 prospect, coaches are not supposed to call Ewers directly. At times, there can be lapses in communication if a coach reaches out to the high school. Ohio State was the first school to offer Ewers, and he has family ties to that area. While Oklahoma originally looked to be the school to threaten Texas the most, Ohio State is moving well behind the scenes.

—Nick Harris spoke to Del Valle wide receiver Caleb Burton today. The elite 2022 wide receiver previously had Texas behind a few schools, but Nick got the feeling the Longhorns are moving up. One reason for that is Andre Coleman. The Texas wide receivers coach has been locked in on Burton, and he told Nick that Texas feels like family to him. Oklahoma and Ohio State were two schools that previously stood out for him, but it sounds like Texas is making its way into the top group.

—I spoke briefly with Duncanville standouts Omari Abor and Jaylen Early over the weekend. Texas has been in heavy contact with both since offering. Herb Hand has been working on Jaylen Early, and the four-star offensive lineman said he likes the relationship developing there. Texas has also been pushing for edge rusher Omari Abor. The two-sport star is also a standout basketball player, and he said that Texas spoke with him about playing both sports recently which stood out to him.

—Is there a chance Texas could take a kicker this year? I spoke with Southlake Carroll kicker Joe McFadden earlier today. The All-American Bowl kicker has been talking with Jay Boulware in the last few weeks and Texas is letting him know he's a target for them. McFadden said he feels that Texas will take a kicker this year, which would make sense with Cameron Dicker entering his junior season. It's likely Texas chooses to wait until the fall to make a move at the position.

—Too many times we focus on when Texas was too late on a kid and we don’t laud them for making great early evals. When Texas offered El Paso Burges running back Tavorus Jones a few months ago, many question marks went up. Since that time, he’s collected offers from Alabama, Arizona State, Baylor, Florida, Maryland and Texas A&M. 2022 rankings will get a refresher on Wednesday, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Jones makes his debut. Of course, we will have you covered with tons of content once those rankings drop so check in around lunchtime Wednesday.

Post it in the 2022 thread. Thanks.

14 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Same. If DO’s on board, have to imagine pretty much every other player is too.

Now haul ass to campus and start working. You have a new position to learn and an NFL career riding on this. 

Really impressed with UT’s leadership and the players for working with them in this. Hartzell, CDC, Herman, etc. clearly worked with the athletes and got buy in for not giving in to every demand, and the changes they’re making are really well thought out and meaningful. Love the idea of honoring Sweat in Painter Hall.  And a ton of credit to Jamail for the name change of the field. 

Damn proud of this University. What starts here changes the World. 

So proud of the men of our team, from the players to the coaches for all coming together in the best way possible to make positive change. Everyone seems to have left the table happy with what they got and Tom backed our players to the hilt and the players know it. Painter still needs its name changed, but damn am I glad RLM is gone as the name and the statue of Heman Sweatt is a positive step in the right direction. 

On 6/13/2020 at 1:43 PM, Viper said:

Seeing as this is the recruiting board, how do we see this effecting recruiting? Pretty good I think if we can keep the donors and alumni out of it and let CDC and the university officials handle it. Assuming the players are open to discussion, and minor, reasonable compromise on some of the issues that have been pointed out like political donations, which I think is a safe assumption, it should be pretty positive for recruiting. 

I want to see some Twitter promotion of what I assume will be our schools reasonable response compared side by side that smarmy letter the Aggy president sent the student 2 years ago. 

So here we are. Is there any way we can showcase our response compared to the Aggy response of obstinacy, civil war warcriminal veneration, and old guys calling the players blackies/blaggies?

8 minutes ago, Viper said:

So here we are. Is there any way we can showcase our response compared to the Aggy response of obstinacy, civil war warcriminal veneration, and old guys calling the players blackies/blaggies?

Act like you've been there before?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Viper said:

Us? This board? Yeah. Have someone who can edit video compile something together, make it slick, then juxtapose their racism versus our progressive changes. Fuck, get the TFB guys to do it. They’re good enough, and OU has to be happy to shit all over Aggy. Then have the recruits tweet that motherfucker into the world 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Us? This board? Yeah. Have someone who can edit video compile something together, make it slick, then juxtapose their racism versus our progressive changes. Fuck, get the TFB guys to do it. They’re good enough, and OU has to be happy to shit all over Aggy. Then have the recruits tweet that motherfucker into the world 

giphy.gif

• Like 2