Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

29 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Not questioning the credibility of your story, but it's damn interesting that Luke was offered admission and a football scholarship at Rice and could not academically qualify for direct admission to UT. 

He's talking about Jack not Luke and there are some majors that are very fucking hard to get into (architecture for instance) at UT, I don't have any idea what his major is/was. At a competitive school like All Saints he could have had great grades and not been top 7%. If he simply submitted his info through normal channels ...   

32 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Some people will be shocked to hear this, but if Blake’s dumb ass and a kid send the application through normal channels, they get normal results. There are people you call before you send in your application and people to put it on front of BEFORE regular admissions if you want special Treatment. So if that’s what he did without calling beforehand, he’s an idiot. 

I suspect this is EXACTLY what happened, because he's a fucking luddite. 

32 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

now, tell me this, did the other kid eventually get into UT?

No. He ended up at Rice. 

the weirdest part of this whole thing, to me, is that none of the four boys ended up at Pepperdine, to which the grandfather has given a shit ton of money. Maybe they will eventually go to law school there, a la Brent. Who knows. 

Edited by golfclap

49 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Not questioning the credibility of your story, but it's damn interesting that Luke was offered admission and a football scholarship at Rice and could not academically qualify for direct admission to UT. 

Pretty normal. Biiiig difference between athletic and standard admissions.

15 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

The son from my anecdotal story is presumably the one on the far left. Other than attending games in which Brock played I’ve never seen any of these people in person.

5e59967da63777cb2ff40d2449ddb1ca.jpg

The one on the far left is Luke the current one on the team, the one you’re referring to is in the middle. 

• Like 2

I’m not saying the odds a high but it would be quite hilarious is somehow Texas won a NC with Luke on the team and the other Brocks were on their 3rd o line coach at Bama with no NC.  Bama’s road is going to be much more treacherous with the Pirate and Kiffy coming on board.  It is usually funny how things work out.  

• Like 1

Just now, stork642 said:

Bama’s road is going to be much more treacherous with the Pirate and Kiffy coming on board.  It is usually funny how things work out.  

This is correct.

High variance offense + recruiting cheats equals way two significant upset opportunities for Bama, LSU.

SEC's guaranteed one CFP slot, but the 2 bid years will hopefully diminish. 

• Like 1

I doubt any trapdooring happens. It will be handled like adults. Scholarships are 1 year grants. If Luke “earns” a scholarship next year, then fine. I will be surprised if he does. I also bet his generous reps will be reduced to regular walkon reps. He will be treated like any other walk-on. Either he will not like it and leave the team, or put his head down and work hard to help the team any way he can like any other walk-on. That decision will be up to him. If the family tries to frame the narrative in any other way, then if the bridge wasn’t already burned down, it will be. 

• Like 5

Hope herman doesnt act like a little prick and run the kid off. Would be a bad look and herman would look petty.
But herman doesnt seem like one that holds grudges/ducks

Luke has every right to give his brothers the unvarnished truth about how he feels here. No one can blame him for that.

We have every right to run off malcontent walk-ons that are actively hurting recruiting. No one can blame us for that.
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

Pretty sure he's talking about that stupid fuckface sitting at home All Day while watching Vince held a crystal football. Or perhaps he was referring to All Day running his loser ass into the tunnel his final two years of the RRS with his tail between his legs after the 2 unsmooth buttfuckings that he received at the hands of the Longhorns, who "don't play for titles" like OU. 

Either way, I think it's pretty clear that All Day much like OU, sucks.

Fuck that guy. and fuck OU. 

Sure ... OK.  But, OP was aligning the Brocks with Peterson and it seems pretty clear that the Brocks are focused on a longer range goal than just CFB.  If so, the odds of achieving an NFL career are probably better at Bama.

I hope they fall on their face, too.  But, I can’t fault their choice of path to getting there.

1 minute ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Sure ... OK.  But, OP was aligning the Brocks with Peterson and it seems pretty clear that the Brocks are focused on a longer range goal than just CFB.  If so, the odds of achieving an NFL career are probably better at Bama.

I hope they fall on their face, too.  But, I can’t fault their choice of path to getting there.

If it was 2003 — you could replace the Brocks with All Day and Rhett Bomar, then replace Bama with OU and you could’ve made the same posts. 

Hence the fucking point.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Hey man, he made a bunch of lifelong friends

Yes, because nothing fosters sincere, authentic friendships like a bunch of coaches and helpers blowing smoke up your ass about how wonderful your kid is. That's the stuff of true brotherhood, right there...

Edited by Junior Bonner
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, victory88 said:

It’s going to be funny in a few years when James is 3rd string and Blake calls and texts to Saban are on ignore about why he isn’t getting reps.

They processed out Tua’s little brother the minute his big bro declared for the draft.  

Yes. Trust the process, as they say...

3 hours ago, MirrOlure said:

The son from my anecdotal story is presumably the one on the far left. Other than attending games in which Brock played I’ve never seen any of these people in person.

5e59967da63777cb2ff40d2449ddb1ca.jpg

Looking at this picture, Luke is not Blake's son. He looks normal, and nothing like the other 3 brothers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Sure...OK.  But, I believe you are a 🤡.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

It’s going to be funny in a few years when James is 3rd string and Blake calls and texts to Saban are on ignore about why he isn’t getting reps.

They processed out Tua’s little brother the minute his big bro declared for the draft.  

Saban: james,  now that Tommy has entered the draft,  I feel it's time for a medical retirement. 

James: but coach,  I haven't been injured...

Saban: great! Glad you agree. Go ahead and send the preapproved tweet that was written for you. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

Saban: james,  now that Tommy has entered the draft,  I feel it's time for a medical retirement. 

James: but coach,  I haven't been injured...

(Whack! Saban's psycho daughter does a Tonya Harding on James' knee.)

Saban: great! Glad you agree. Now you have. Go ahead and send the preapproved tweet that was written for you. 

James:  Why?  Why?  Why?

Edited by Getafix
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3