Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

3 hours ago, NoName said:
3 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Actually, he's a 4* now because he slaps dummies weird

i know he had never done the drill before, but it was one of the weirdest football videos ive ever seen

I don't know what you guys are talking about.  This video screams freak athlete, to me

giphy.gif

Emphasis on freak.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Are Ike and Regis both takes or is it whoever jumps on board first?  As @golfclap stated, both look like disruptive guys on the interior.  I also think Big Ike would have tested good the camp settings that got canceled and got a ratings boost.

Ike, Regis and Turner are all still takes 

Craven...

https://www.hookem.com/story/20200730/dotted-line-texas-makes-cut-terrence-cooks-marcus-burris-trending-2021-center/

Texas made the top six for Terrence Cooks, a three-star outside linebacker from Alvin Shadow Creek. The Longhorns are in a battle against Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Washington, Baylor and Georgia. The 6-2, 210-pound prospect earned second-team all-district honors as a junior, helping Shadow Creek go 16-0 and win the Class 5A Division I state title. 

“I probably won’t commit until December because of the coronavirus making it impossible for us prospects to go see the schools I want to check out,” Cooks said. “Texas is obviously up there for me. I was able to see the school for junior day before the shutdown and I know a few of the players already on campus.” 

One of those players is Xavion Alford, a 2020 signee from Shadow Creek who is heavily recruiting Cooks to join him in Austin. As are 2021 UT commits like Derrick Harris Jr. and Jalen Milroe. 

“I think it is important to build relationships with guys before I pick a school,” Cooks said. “The players are more likely to tell you the truth about the experience at a school than coaches. I’m not going to pick a school because my friends are there, but it doesn’t hurt.” 

Cooks recorded 72 tackles as a junior, forcing three fumbles. Texas wants him to join Morice Blackwell, a four-star outside linebacker from Alrington Martin who committed to Texas in the spring. Cooks is the 25th-ranked outside linebacker in the class and a member of the Fabulous 55. 

Texas also made the cut for Pleasant Grove defensive tackle Marcus Burris, a four-star Fab 55 member. Texas A&M and Oklahoma are the finalists alongside the Longhorns. Texas A&M is considered the favorite. His teammate, Landon Jackson, was also a Texas target before the four-star defensive end chose LSU.

Texas trending for Michael Myslinski 

The Longhorns were dealt a tough blow when Tommy and James Brockermeyer, two of the state’s best offensive line prospects, chose Alabama despite their family ties to the Texas program. Tommy, a five-star tackle, and James, the state’s top center prospect, are the sons of former UT standout Brockermeyer and the younger brother of current Longhorns linebacker Luke Brockermeyer. 

Texas wants a center prospect in the 2021 class. The Longhorns are moving out of state for the next target at the position and appear to be in a good position with Myslinski, a three-star from Jacksonville, Fla. who holds 26 offers, including Michigan State, Florida State and Iowa. The 6-2, 285-pound prospect is the son of Tom Myslinski, who played at Tennessee before a nine-year career as an NFL lineman. Tom is currently the strength and conditioning coordinator for the Jacksonville Jaguars. 

The Longhorns hold a commitment from just one offensive lineman in the 2021 cycle. Texas and offensive line coach Herb Hand need to add more depth at the position. Myslinski is the 17th-ranked center in the country. Texas is also hoping to sign fellow line targets Savion Byrd and Bryce Foster. 

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Are Ike and Regis both takes or is it whoever jumps on board first?  As @golfclap stated, both look like disruptive guys on the interior.  I also think Big Ike would have tested good the camp settings that got canceled and got a ratings boost.

1) People will have opinions but $9.95 don't know shit.

2) The situation is fluid

3) We aren't getting errbody.

3 minutes ago, Bevo said:

1) People will have opinions but $9.95 don't know shit.

2) The situation is fluid

3) We aren't getting errbody.

What the fuck is this? Didn't you just come back to the recruiting board this spring, and now you're making definitive statements like you have some insider knowledge?

tenor.gif?itemid=10538776

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Honestly, since we can't have a bubble because of all the student-athlete complications, I'm treating getting a full (adjusted) season as a near-miracle.

There was some thought that the SEC might do a +1 and reschedule us for later in the season. I would have preferred that to not playing them at all.

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Turner is waiting to see if Bama has room. Aggy just lost Goodwine so they'll be pushing for Turner hard. But of course, we can always believe Carl and the video

look fucc boi if youre going to throw shade at carl every time you post after all the accurate info he has posted carl will take his info & feed it to fucc boi ej instead of posting it here

too many glizzy suckers shading carl for no reason

carl has never once lied to you 

& yes the video was completed 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

13 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

look fucc boi if youre going to throw shade at carl every time you post after all the accurate info he has posted carl will take his info & feed it to fucc boi ej instead of posting it here

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

Calm Down Golden Girls GIF by TV Land

8 minutes ago, satyanash said:

There goes our best chance of altering the public perception of the program. Now it all hinges on the blOU game.

The biggest thing for us before the pandemic was winning the conference. The biggest thing now is still winning the conference.

We don't have an early, hyper-public shot at making people pay attention, but the metric of success for the season is still the same.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, satyanash said:

There goes our best chance of altering the public perception of the program. Now it all hinges on the blOU game.

Stay healthy, kick blOU's ass in Cotton Bowl, and this year's HORNS will have important games against tcu, Iowa St, and Okie Lite to improve our public perception...

Please excuse my non-recruiting question: I haven't really been reading up on a lot of what's going on with CFB scheduling. In all this re-shuffling is the postseason dead or is the plan to proceed with bowls/playoffs? Or TBD based on what the world looks like in 5 months?

Edited by TommyGufano

2 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Please excuse my non-recruiting question: I haven't really been reading up on a lot of what's going on with CFB scheduling. In all this re-shuffling is the postseason dead or is the plan to proceed with bowls/playoffs? Or TBD based on what the world looks like in 5 months?

Postseason's alive. Otherwise they'd just push the start date and have the season go into the December bowl zone.

25 minutes ago, texifornia said:

The biggest thing for us before the pandemic was winning the conference. The biggest thing now is still winning the conference.

We don't have an early, hyper-public shot at making people pay attention, but the metric of success for the season is still the same.

The "change the perception" argument has always been hilarious in reference to LSU. 

If Texas goes 10-0 and wins the Big 12 they're gonna change the perception. If Texas beat LSU last year and then finished the Big 12 like they did does anyone actually think that would have shifted perception? 

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

The "change the perception" argument has always been hilarious in reference to LSU. 

If Texas goes 10-0 and wins the Big 12 they're gonna change the perception. If Texas beat LSU last year and then finished the Big 12 like they did does anyone actually think that would have shifted perception? 

If we were LSU's only loss and ended up 9-4? Absolutely it would have changed the perception of the season. At least from a recruiting standpoint.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

If we were LSU's only loss and ended up 9-4? Absolutely it would have changed the perception of the season. At least from a recruiting standpoint.

I don't agree with this at all but there's really no way to prove it. If Texas finished with 4 Big 12 losses nobody would have given a shit if Texas beat LSU. 

Most people have been framing "success" this season as winning the Big 12. I think that's definitely more important than beating LSU. 

Jesus dude, can’t you ever once see the positive side of something? Here, I’ll help you.

Texas will be breaking in a brand new OC and a brand new DC, with far less practice time in the off-season than teams normally get. They had LSU early, and while they are also breaking in new staff members, the game was in Baton Rouge and their roster still holds a talent advantage. I believe Texas would still have won that game, but if they went and lost to OU they wouldn’t have made the playoff anyway, most likely. Making the playoff has always hinged on beating OU, so now Texas potentially has an easier path to the playoffs. Lighten up.
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I don't agree with this at all but there's really no way to prove it. If Texas finished with 4 Big 12 losses nobody would have given a shit if Texas beat LSU. 

Most people have been framing "success" this season as winning the Big 12. I think that's definitely more important than beating LSU.

LSU crushed both blOU and A&M last season. Had we been able to accomplish what they couldn't and defeat LSU, it would have given us a lot more recruiting ammo to use against them for this cycle. Like you said though, there's no way to prove it.

• Hook 'Em 1