Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

On 7/31/2020 at 1:53 PM, RGBIII said:

If all that Omeire stuff is accurate...we will have to delete a lot of stuff...a..lot..of stuff

I have been on too many zoom calls to count, if a single one ever went over an hour and a half...ron swanson computer GIF

I've been out of the loop. What Omeire stuff?  Can anybody summarize for us poor sons of sharecroppers?

2 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I've been out of the loop. What Omeire stuff?  Can anybody summarize for us poor sons of sharecroppers?

Plenty of people on this board shit on Omiere before and after he committed to us, calling him too slow. 

But every report has been raving about him since he got here.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

There have been a few reports from summer conditioning and workouts that Omiere looks really fucking impressive.

We gave aggy shit for months after a really poor Omiere 40 time that they were taking a big slow WR.  Omiere was apparently recovering from an injury and looked much more athletic his Senior season. 

Now he looks like an NFL WR.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

Plenty of people on this board shit on Omiere before and after he committed to us, calling him too slow. 

Pretty sure that most people stopped shitting on him after he showed up and dominated as a lean and shredded senior.

There were some "renewed" concerns a few weeks ago after his initial weight was posted and folks thought he might have put on too much weight during the Rona.  But photos/vids of him working out alleviated a lot of concern and then some "insider" reports have raved about how he's looked this summer.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Sounds like you failed this week's recruiting quiz and your posting privileges on this board have been revoked.  Good luck on the quiz next week.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

If we land Jacksom, who has Coleman missed on other than JoJo and Knox?  Quay would be recomitted already if he didn't have the off-field baggage that Herman won't take his commitment.  Cain seems like more of Yurcich eval/take.

JoJo is the only one that mattered and hopefully still does. Other than JoJo, only out of state prospects look special & I never felt the out of state guys were realistic after last season.

4 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

There have been a few reports from summer conditioning and workouts that Omiere looks really fucking impressive.

We gave aggy shit for months after a really poor Omiere 40 time that they were taking a big slow WR.  Omiere was apparently recovering from an injury and looked much more athletic his Senior season. 

Now he looks like an NFL WR.

Ok. Pump those brakes just a bit. 

On 7/31/2020 at 1:57 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Don’t people pay $9.95 so that people like him will tell them what he heard on the streets...before it happens?

heres some more inside info- I’m told that Texas isn’t done with the 2022 class just yet. Expect 22-25 more commitments over the next 17 months. I’m expecting commitments from all positions except punter. As they commit, I will tell you more...for the low low price of $4.99 biweekly. 

So, $9.98 per month? What a fucking rip off

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

That one had to hurt for Jeremy. You love to see it. 

I think once the Arkansas insiders follow suit we can call it a wrap, but he really likes it out there. God knows why.

13 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

$9.95 stand off.  IT thinks LJ is more likely.  Roach and OU guy Drumm think Wheaton.

If it pleases you, Texas feels confident with both and even more confident that they'll land one of the two. To bring you back to earth, Texas has fucked up plenty of recruitments like that.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, hornfromdallas said:

you & i both know why stop being coy & say it 

let me help you t-h-o-t-s-

texas' are not up to par with arkansas or any other school in the south 

Some of those southern universities are just now shedding their confederate flags, too.  Think that the mindset has been changed?  I've already talked about the education but if athletes are really interested in what the university means to the community or provides them, take a look off campus at all the opportunities.  The first thing students and athletes with aspirations do in Arkansas when they graduate is leave Arkansas, permanently.  That's how cool Arkansas is.  Same applies to Bama, Missouri, etc.  Those places aren't on anybody's vacation lists.  Nobody says I'd like to see the world and that's why I'm going to Arkansas.  Which is why they break out the whores.  Besides, do you really want to see the same thots used for every recruit visit?  Disgusting.  

And there's no shortage of females at Texas.  They're smart, and check out the women playing volleyball/tennis/basketball/soccer--great athletes from all over the world--same as the student body.  I can't imagine a planet where it was difficult for Vince Young, Jamaal Charles, Benson, too many to list, had difficulty meeting women at UT.  

Please keep posting, I enjoy revisiting the pride I have being a Longhorn up here on the East Coast. 

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, satyanash said:

spacer.png

This is a tremendous post on its own. But the irony of you accusing someone else of behaving predictably just takes it to 11. Well done.  Let’s get NorLa in here to tell someone else to go home because they’re drunk next. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

$9.95 stand off.  IT thinks LJ is more likely.  Roach and OU guy Drumm think Wheaton.

We're likely in the top two for both, but landing one probably lowers the odds of landing the other. I see them as similar in quality, and would be happy with either.