Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

17 minutes ago, satyanash said:

DB/WR/popcorn/peanuts/soft drinks Billy Bowman Jr., Denton Ryan

Bowman is a terrific football player. A true playmaker. Versatility in spades. But let’s just say he’s not Earl Thomas because that’s unlikely, but would you be happy if he ended up being Quandre Diggs’ish? One trait Bowman has that Thomas and Diggs both flashed early on is awareness. Very quick reactor as a DB. Instincts trump testing times. Balls skills are ++. Legit 5-10 W/O shoes on. COD shows up in shuttle testing with low 4.3 more than once.

I really,  really like football players.  

Some guys just get what you need to do on a football field.

Sounds like BB is one of those guys.  

On 7/31/2020 at 1:46 PM, Bam Bam Sam said:

The irritating thing about Roach, at least to those who give him money, is he knows way more, way way more, than he ever writes about. He's very self-aware of what  - as @texifornia put it I think - his "milquetoastness". His intentional witholding of information is part of the reason he knows a lot, at least in DFW and somewhat central texas. Kids trust him to not say too much about their recruitment, and he also isn't a media member who badgers the kids for constant updates.

Thanks, Mike.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Well if a dude with 19 rep points (but a very hypnotic avatar) says so, I've clearly been set straight

Did you read the post fully before you questioned him? He is a longtime OL coach in 6A TX HS football

Spoiler

I appreciate that and respect your right to an opinion as well. If you want a full resume I’ll give it to you but In short I’ve coached offensive line for 11 years at two of the better 6A programs in the state. I have two offensive lineman currently in the Big 12 and one in a group of 5 school. In all I’ve had 6 D1 offensive linemen and several others at the lower levels.

And who gives a shit about rep? I've been on this site for more than 10 years.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, MagicSoccerSpray said:

Did you read the post fully before you questioned him? He is a longtime OL coach in 6A TX HS football

Reveal hidden contents

I appreciate that and respect your right to an opinion as well. If you want a full resume I’ll give it to you but In short I’ve coached offensive line for 11 years at two of the better 6A programs in the state. I have two offensive lineman currently in the Big 12 and one in a group of 5 school. In all I’ve had 6 D1 offensive linemen and several others at the lower levels.

I don't actually care that much, man, I was just ripping on satya pulling out a front man for his eternal pessimism, and you for just saying "he's not random" with no supporting detail.

I don't think Lengyel enthuses anyone much, to be honest. And neither really does Lehrer. But of a bum year for OL (outside of the Foster/TBrock/Conner/Byrd foursome we all know) with no camps and probably no season to find out which kids grew into proper tackles.

Edited by texifornia

The IT poster Halas likely knows his football better than anyone on this board. It's fair to disagree on him on any random point, or his opinion of Lengyel, but he's worth paying attention to if you're a high school and college football geek, especially when it's tangential to Texas, imo 

Also, he really hates Wescott 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Fud said:

The IT poster Halas likely knows his football better than anyone on this board. It's fair to disagree on him on any random point, or his opinion of Lengyel, but he's worth paying attention to if you're a high school and college football geek, especially when it's tangential to Texas, imo 

Not so humble brag, Halas

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Fud said:

giphy.gif

#noFatterson

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Brockermeyer's are going to single handedly keep this class from being a top notch class to a pretty good class.  Every position in this class is going to be legit minus OL.  ( I'm in the "we are getting one of LJ or Wheaton" bunch ).

And for this reason, Blake Brockermeyer should forever be persona non grata on the 40 Acres. Fuck him.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Fud said:

I can also attest that Halas isn't some rando poster, that he hates Wescott and is an all around good guy.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Fud said:

It’s true. I’m pretty kick ass.

and I fucking hate Wescott. He’s a cock smooch. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, MagicSoccerSpray said:

Hide contents

This is a humble brag. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Has this guy given his take on Myslinski, Ezra, and Leyrer?  Was he a fan of Kerstetter?

I like Ezra better than Myslinski but that’s not to say Myslinski isn’t good. I think he’s quite good. I just happen to favor Ez. I like Leyrer. I think it’s possible he could stay at LT but would fit in at RT. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, texifornia said:

I don't actually care that much, man, I was just ripping on satya pulling out a front man for his eternal pessimism, and you for just saying "he's not random" with no supporting detail.

I don't think Lengyel enthuses anyone much, to be honest. And neither really does Lehrer. But of a bum year for OL (outside of the Foster/TBrock/Conner/Byrd foursome we all know) with no camps and probably no season to find out which kids grew into proper tackles.

What did DJackson do to get left off your list?

Leave it to the Big12 to fuck this up.  There is only one conference game they need to worry about (assuming they want to push back the start of conference games):

Baylor v. Kansas on Sept 12th

Baylor and Kansas both play non-con games on Sept 26th - cancel the game on the 12th and reschedule it to the 26th.  The conference doesn't need to fuck with anyone else's schedule.

• Hook 'Em 3

22 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Leave it to the Big12 to fuck this up.  There is only one conference game they need to worry about (assuming they want to push back the start of conference games):  Baylor v. Kansas on Sept 12th.   Baylor and Kansas both play non-con games on Sept 26th - cancel the game on the 12th and reschedule it to the 26th.  The conference doesn't need to fuck with anyone else's schedule.

In case the 2020 season doesn't get completed this fall,  Texas vs blOU should play early (like Oct 10th) to keep the tradition going.

Edited by LTtxfan

5 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Are you in DFW?

I was. 

I was at a pretty good program in DFW for a while. We made a big playoff run, lost in the semi’s. Head coach for a job at one of the better programs in the state. Went with him, lost in the state championship in year two. Now I’m actually in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. Wife’s family lives here, loved it every time we visited. Had my second kid the night before we played in the state semi-finals at my second stop and life was just busy. I still teach and coach here and as you can imagine as a coach from Texas I’m kind of a big deal here. 

Edited by Halas
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Halas said:

I like Ezra better than Myslinski but that’s not to say Myslinski isn’t good. I think he’s quite good. I just happen to favor Ez. I like Leyrer. I think it’s possible he could stay at LT but would fit in at RT. 

Sometimes taking football players outweighs taking computer fits. I totally agree with your opinions regarding these three suspects. I'm just not sure we've been very consistent in our evaluations regarding the OL.

Good luck this season coach.

• Like 1