Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

48 minutes ago, TexasFootball said:

Sometimes taking football players outweighs taking computer fits. I totally agree with your opinions regarding these three suspects. I'm just not sure we've been very consistent in our evaluations regarding the OL.

Good luck this season coach.

Much appreciated, sir. 

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Jalon Williams is committing Friday and just got a Boston College crystal ball.

9.95er consensus is that we'll take another corner if they fit the "best available" description. So, Ceyair Wright would fall into that camp, but Jalon Williams would not. He's the Jamier Johnson backup plan, and I'm sure they'll keep him warm in the event of a decommitment. Though, I don't really expect one with the state of California football at all levels. Unless a new team pops up, or fOSU loses a corner, Johnson appears like a safe bet to stick it out. 

4 hours ago, Halas said:

Now I’m actually in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. Wife’s family lives here, loved it every time we visited. Had my second kid the night before we played in the state semi-finals at my second stop and life was just busy. I still teach and coach here and as you can imagine as a coach from Texas I’m kind of a big deal here. 

Cool. Beautiful part of the world. A friend's son is a DB for the Bullpups. 

5 hours ago, Halas said:

I was. 

I was at a pretty good program in DFW for a while. We made a big playoff run, lost in the semi’s. Head coach for a job at one of the better programs in the state. Went with him, lost in the state championship in year two. Now I’m actually in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. Wife’s family lives here, loved it every time we visited. Had my second kid the night before we played in the state semi-finals at my second stop and life was just busy. I still teach and coach here and as you can imagine as a coach from Texas I’m kind of a big deal here. 

Dang, long way from home.  We were looking at driving there this summer from my son’s place near Denver.  Decided that we would fly at a later date as it was 1100 miles from Co.  Supposed to be pretty there.

11 minutes ago, cochamps said:

Dang, long way from home.  We were looking at driving there this summer from my son’s place near Denver.  Decided that we would fly at a later date as it was 1100 miles from Co.  Supposed to be pretty there.

It’s a haul. It’s not a particularly pretty drive, either, until you hit Billings. 

CDA is absolutely beautiful. I have a Mountain View out of every room in my house. Weather is pretty damn spectacular in the summer as well. Winter hasn’t been terrible thus far. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

Ol Myslinski sure has gone silent. Anybody hearing anything. 

This is really a prompt for more pics of the sister. Thx

It's tough to say whether we're going to reel him in. Mel Tucker might have set the hook too deep. Fishing pun fishing pun fishing pun.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Halas said:

It’s a haul. It’s not a particularly pretty drive, either, until you hit Billings. 

CDA is absolutely beautiful. I have a Mountain View out of every room in my house. Weather is pretty damn spectacular in the summer as well. Winter hasn’t been terrible thus far. 

Depends on how you go. Billings isn’t all th at pretty. Need to get closer to bozeman when the absorokas and crazy and Gallatin ranges are close by. 

11 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Depends on how you go. Billings isn’t all th at pretty. Need to get closer to bozeman when the absorokas and crazy and Gallatin ranges are close by. 

I took interstate the whole way when we moved up. I meant past Billings. I agree Billings isn’t all that pretty. 

42 minutes ago, Halas said:

No, shit? On Pend Oreille? Second home or primary residence? 

Second home for now. I'm starting a practice out in Carmel, CA next month so the plan may be to live between Carmel and Sandpoint in about 5 years. I would probably need to sell my home in Austin though in order to afford Carmel and then I would get killed by taxes. Idaho isn't too bad for taxes though is it?

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Second home for now. I'm starting a practice out in Carmel, CA next month so the plan may be to live between Carmel and Sandpoint in about 5 years. I would probably need to sell my home in Austin though in order to afford Carmel and then I would get killed by taxes. Idaho isn't too bad for taxes though is it?

It’s a wash between Texas and Idaho. We have state income tax which isn’t very much but I cut my property taxes by a little over 2/3 coming here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cochamps said:

If you can score Gonzaga BB tickets, you probably should.  They seem harder to get than Duke & Kentucky, like impossible unless you know someone.

It’s true. Not easy to come by. I have young kids so I haven’t made my way over yet but plan to. If I recall Texas was supposed to come up here for a game this year but I could be wrong. 

10 minutes ago, Halas said:

It’s true. Not easy to come by. I have young kids so I haven’t made my way over yet but plan to. If I recall Texas was supposed to come up here for a game this year but I could be wrong. 

Think the Horns - Zags are supposed to play, but I’m thinking tourney / neutral site.  Need to check.

Edit- actually at the FEC Nov 13

Edited by cochamps

8 minutes ago, Halas said:

What is the drive to Spokane, like Houston to Dallas or Houston to Austin? Time wise?

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

What is the drive to Spokane, like Houston to Dallas or Houston to Austin? Time wise?

Hell no. More like Arlington to Fort Worth. They’re right over the border from us. 25 mins tops.  There is even a daily direct flight on American from Spokane to DFW 

Edited by Halas

5 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Jalon Williams is committing Friday and just got a Boston College crystal ball.

There are several regional schools that will regret this one. You can’t coach 10.5.

It’s also hard to find guys that show that they can play press-man but also look comfortable playing  in space. His size/frame is his only true negative and his speed and awareness probably negate that for most teams. 

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

There are several regional schools that will regret this one. You can’t coach 10.5.

It’s also hard to find guys that show that they can play press-man but also look comfortable playing  in space. His size/frame is his only true negative and his speed and awareness probably negate that for most teams. 

I think it was close between he and the Jamier. I thought there was a chance we'd take both 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

Montana has no sales tax, and Wyoming has no income tax. So Idaho is worse than some of its neighbors. 
but coer d’lain is close enough to Montana to drive there for large purchases. 

Roach- Go ahead and post pictures of the sister...dudes enrolled at this point

Are the Longhorns in line for another commit this week? After landing Englewood (Colo.) Cherry Creek tight end Gunnar Helm a week ago, Texas could be closing in on a second out of state prospect.

I’ve entered a prediction for Jacksonville (Fla.) Bishop Kenny offensive lineman Michael Myslinski to land at Texas. The 247Sports Crystal Ball was entered with a confidence level of 8 and follows Notre Dame insider Tom Loy.

Texas offered Myslinski back in April, and his family is close with Texas offensive line coach Herb Hand. Myslinski is expected to make a decision this week and Texas appears to be a finalist alongside Michigan State and Iowa.

Myslinski recently made a trip to Austin for a self-guided visit and was treated to a tour of Austin from family in the area. In speaking with sources at Texas, there’s confidence from the Longhorns that Texas can land him.

In speaking with sources from the other schools involved in the recruitment, the consensus is that Texas is the team to beat in this race. To my knowledge, Myslinski has yet to inform any school of his decision at this time and he’s yet to announce an official commitment date.

A three-star prospect, Myslinski is the son of former NFL offensive lineman and current Jacksonville Jaguars strength and conditioning coordinator Tom Myslinski. If Texas can land him, he will be the second offensive line commit in the class along with Katy Taylor’s Hayden Conner.

At 6-foot-2, 285 pounds, Myslinski is ranked as the No. 17 center in the nation and No. 191 overall prospect in Florida, according to 247Sports Composite.

• Hook 'Em 1