Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

15 minutes ago, satyanash said:

All of Lengyel's CBs flipped to Baylor in the last ten minutes, so this seems settled.

spacer.png

I'm sure you will lament the fact that a below average, by Texas standards, prospect choose Baylor as some sort of negative against the 2021 recruiting class.

Edited by HtownHorn

OL is a problem. Most of the top 100 guys are already committed. We need to steal some OL from USC or Oregon. Josh Simmons is one of the few unsigned California linemen. Shit I might even consider New Mexico's top offensive lineman although he has terrible technique. Maybe Rod Orr from Alabama. Shit there just aren't a whole lot of choices. I think our best bet is to do whatever it takes to get Byrd and Foster and the Canadian and hope we can find someone late.

Edited by Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bevo said:

OL is a problem. Most of the top 100 guys are already committed. We need to steal some OL from USC or Oregon. Josh Simmons is one of the few unsigned California linemen. Shit I might even consider New Mexico's top offensive lineman although he has terrible technique. Maybe Rod Orr from Alabama. Shit there just aren't a whole lot of choices. I think our best bet is to do whatever it takes to get Byrd and Foster and the Canadian and hope we can find someone late.

Get ready for offers to Leyrer, Reese, and that kid from Corpus Christi who's been picking up high-major offers recently:

Edited by texifornia

23 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Get ready for offers to Leyrer, Reese, and that kid from Corpus Christi who's been picking up high-major offers recently:

Watched his junior HUDL. He’s part of a lot of double teams which I find bizarre. His few pass protection highlights are basically him tackling the pass rusher.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Watched his junior HUDL. He’s part of a lot of double teams which I find bizarre. His few pass protection highlights are basically him tackling the pass rusher.

A week ago he was getting offers from Sam Houston and SFA - now he’s reported offers from Texas Tech, Oklahoma St, Colorado, and USC. 

It’s odd if only because there aren’t any camps or games to raise his profile.  I guess the P5’s are moving on to alternatives. 

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

A week ago he was getting offers from Sam Houston and SFA - now he’s reported offers from Texas Tech, Oklahoma St, Colorado, and USC. 

It’s odd if only because there aren’t any camps or games to raise his profile.  I guess the P5’s are moving on to alternatives. 

Who even was the last real P5 recruit out of Corpus? That area isn't exactly a recruiting hotbed.

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1