Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

3 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Who the fuck is Ronnie 

Hellava stripper in Austin when I attended TEXAS. 

Funny story was she also performed with another lovely lady name Starr... and while my buddy gets a lap dance from Starr, he realizes that she went to high school with him... 😁 

Edited by LTtxfan

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Assuming it isn't just the LJ movement, I would be more shocked if it were Savion Byrd than I would be if it were Donovan Jackson at this point. And this isn't hyperbole. 

I would do fucking cartwheels if it’s Donovan Jackson, outside of Tommy B. I don’t think there’s anybody else from in state I’d rather have more at this point. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Assuming it isn't just the LJ movement, I would be more shocked if it were Savion Byrd than I would be if it were Donovan Jackson at this point. And this isn't hyperbole. 

aren't you supposed to know LJ's coaches or something? Not that he's been to school in the past 6 months

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

These were the two names that I am praying it could be... I would love either, but if we are being greedy why not both??

If the AAC and B10 kill their seasons, maybe this is just another way to leverage the fickleness of college football vs the value of a UT degree

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Laxtonto said:

These were the two names that I am praying it could be... I would love either, but if we are being greedy why not both??

If the AAC and B10 kill their seasons, maybe this is just another way to leverage the fickleness of college football vs the value of a UT degree

Savion Byrd no longer likes Texas. And I don't just mean that as in "Oh, we're a school he is considering." I mean he doesn't like Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Hellava stripper in Austin when I attended TEXAS. 

Funny story was she also performed with another lovely lady name Starr... and while my buddy gets a lap dance from Starr, he realizes that she went to high school with him... 😁 

I think she went to high school with errybody ... 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Savion Byrd no longer likes Texas. And I don't just mean that as in "Oh, we're a school he is considering." I mean he doesn't like Texas. 

This is one of the weirdest recruitments.  He went from likely commit and being high on Texas with JQJ as his QB and Samples being here to disliking us completely in no time.  

I’d gladly like to have Byrd because of his ceiling, but if there’s any OL that has the biggest bust likelihood, it’s him.  He is all projection. 

6 minutes ago, victory88 said:

This is one of the weirdest recruitments.  He went from likely commit and being high on Texas with JQJ as his QB and Samples being here to disliking us completely in no time.  
I’d gladly like to have Byrd because of his ceiling, but if there’s any OL that has the biggest bust likelihood, it’s him.  He is all projection. 

Yeah Byrd's limited play at OL makes it more difficult to project his success in CFB...

Charles Power had this to say about Byrd:

"Byrd was primarily used as a defensive lineman as a junior while playing for one of the nation’s top high school programs. His long-term future is along the offensive line and would presumably see him make the move back to offense as a senior. Offensive line is a developmental position and one where we see position switches sometimes occur later in the high school careers. With that said, seeing Byrd play at his projected position as a senior while facing elite competition in Texas’ highest classification would bode well for his development and transition into college in addition to providing an easier evaluation. SMU currently leads in Byrd’s Crystal Ball with all eight picks, Oklahoma, LSU and Texas are others to watch."

14 minutes ago, victory88 said:

It would make sense that Samples negatively recruited the shit out of us.

27 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Samples is not bad mouthing Texas. He’s a really good recruiter, and unlike Murray he knows that anything he says will get back around to everyone. He’s fully capable of landing guys by selling himself and SMU, he doesn’t need to negative recruit and it’s simply not his style/persona. 

Exactly, the guy would still probably very much like to be considered for a job at Texas in the future.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Samples is not bad mouthing Texas. He’s a really good recruiter, and unlike Murray he knows that anything he says will get back around to everyone. He’s fully capable of landing guys by selling himself and SMU, he doesn’t need to negative recruit and it’s simply not his style/persona. 

Great to know. Thanks for the clarification.

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m hearing that Hand was actually the one to land LJ. At this point he’s at the top of our OT board. Look for him to maybe replace Cosmi as a freshman. 

Y’all are stupid. Satya is the one who has been negatively recruiting us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah, and neither have the coaches. And that was before the Cy Fair staff turned over a bit when the head coach retired last year. 

New cyfair coach moved into a home down the street from house the week I sold it. Nice guy, not an Aggie by any means. I think he went to Nebraska maybe? 

Next time I stop by I’ll ask him about LJ. He did say they aren’t allowed to see players because of the Hidalgo orders until 9/8.

4 hours ago, RGBIII said:

The source added Johnson also has a relationship with Bijan Robinson. The the third thing mentioned was that Texas being the biggest brand in Austin and the name-image likeness possibilities of playing at Texas are huge.

Can we get a welfare check on Liucci?

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

New cyfair coach moved into a home down the street from house the week I sold it. Nice guy, not an Aggie by any means. I think he went to Nebraska maybe? 

Next time I stop by I’ll ask him about LJ. He did say they aren’t allowed to see players because of the Hidalgo orders until 9/8.

Go kick his fucking door down and get us some answers. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2