Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

14 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

HOLY SHIT....Super K

If you would’ve asked me earlier this week who I felt leads for LJ Johnson, I would’ve said Texas.

If you would’ve asked me earlier this week who I felt leads for Camar Wheaton, I would’ve said Oklahoma.

I no longer believe that. My sense now is that Texas leads for both.

I don’t know how they’re going to handle this.

PUT IT IN MY VEINS

• Hook 'Em 1

I mean I take this to mean we lead for both, not that we'd actually get the other if one committed. 

That would seem like the more logical conclusion. But who knows. If it wasn’t for Bijan, it seems like elite RBs don’t mind splitting carries like they used to. Any other programs successfully managed a 3 man timeshare at the position?

2 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

That would seem like the more logical conclusion. But who knows. If it wasn’t for Bijan, it seems like elite RBs don’t mind splitting carries like they used to. Any other programs successfully managed a 3 man timeshare at the position?

Georgia had 3 backs who are currently playing in the NFL at one time

Just now, SquishMitten said:

Georgia has no problem stacking high 4 and 5 star RB's and getting them 80+ carries a season. The way you get all those guy carries to make them happy is you push pace. Texas should have the kind of depth at the skill positions to push that pace into the high 80s.

20 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

HOLY SHIT....Super K

If you would’ve asked me earlier this week who I felt leads for LJ Johnson, I would’ve said Texas.

If you would’ve asked me earlier this week who I felt leads for Camar Wheaton, I would’ve said Oklahoma.

I no longer believe that. My sense now is that Texas leads for both.

I don’t know how they’re going to handle this.

new york city nyc GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, victory88 said:

Yup, also with Ingram likely going pro after a good season it will just be Bijan and Rojo.  There is room for 2 RBs... and Brooks.

Oh yea I don't think it would be an issue and actually kinda looking like a need, just have to convince them of that

I also remember at one point when we were going to get Sanders and Cain according to the rumors.  Let’s see if these kids actually commit.  No one knows what Camar will do and he’s heading to ou soon.  

no one here ever thought we were really in it for Sanders

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I also hope this is a sign that the QB run game will be the complementary piece moving forward as opposed to the #1 option. OU had 3 guys with nearly 120+ carries in 2018, and Murray still threw the ball nearly 400 times. They only averaged 65 plays per game that season, though the Army game really brought that number down, only running 40 plays total including OT.

Just now, HtownHorn said:

I also hope this is a sign that the QB run game will be the complementary piece moving forward as opposed to the #1 option. OU had 3 guys with nearly 120+ carries in 2018, and Murray still threw the ball nearly 400 times. They only averaged 65 plays per game that season, though the Army game really brought that number down, only running 40 plays total including OT.

Maybe, different offenses and don't forget that we signed the biggest Alpha QB since VY in JJ last year. I'll wait to see someone actually beat out a healthy, RS Sophomore Ja'Quinden Jackson to believe it. 

1 minute ago, Goodman said:

Maybe, different offenses and don't forget that we signed the biggest Alpha QB since VY in JJ last year. I'll wait to see someone actually beat out a healthy, RS Sophomore Ja'Quinden Jackson to believe it. 

Man, is it nice to have the QB room that we do.  Remember relying on 175lb freshman Shane Buchele to dig us out of the QB hell Mack and Charlie created? 

If JQJ is starting in 2 years, it will mean he will have beat out a badass in Hudson Card.  I’m all for it.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Man, is it nice to have the QB room that we do.  Remember relying on 175lb freshman Shane Buchele to dig us out of the QB hell Mack and Charlie created? 

If JQJ is starting in 2 years, it will mean he will have beat out a badass in Hudson Card.  I’m all for it.  

Given the circumstances, he played about as good as you could ask a true freshman to play if not better. I remember that ND game and seeing him come in and play like he did. Thought he was going to be the next thing, Shame he got dinged up he was on pace to potentially break Colts freshman record. But agreed way better off right now and the future looks even brighter

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

Maybe this is because our offense was good last year. Maybe more elite kids would have signed up in the past if our offense didn't suck for a better part of 10 years.

Identity crisis on the offensive side of the ball...Charlie tried to force an offense on a team made to spread the ball around, unfortunate for him he realized that two seasons to late. 

4 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Identity crisis on the offensive side of the ball...Charlie tried to force an offense on a team made to spread the ball around, unfortunate for him he realized that two seasons to late. 

I just mean, Texas sells itself unless you suck ass at offensive development while the rest of the conference is breaking records.

52 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Today Gerry posted people in the program expect JQJ to be an easy gainer and could get to 245 lbs quickly if he wants to. If he doesn't beat out Card the question could become is he willing to accept a position switch to linebacker (or H-Back) in order to get on the field.