Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

7 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

If Leyrer is really 6'6/6'7 and about 280 lbs that seems to be the frame the staff looks for in Tackle's.  He looks like he moves pretty good on film to me.  Guess we'll see, anybody else have thoughts?

I know jack shit but I do read a lot of write ups so let me make some shit up

He shows good flexibility and movement for his size. His footwork is good but not elite. He does a good job of finishing blocks and moving to the next level. He seems a bit rigid in his technique and lacks a great punch, but strength can be added in college. He has a great frame and enough athleticism to become a starter at LT, but will need a few years of coaching and strength training.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, thepop said:

Roach did mention on radio that someone else is imminent as soon as today, or this weekend. He said  its a big name that he’s still trying to get word on. LJ I assume.

Seen other allusions to this as well. I’m thinking LJ..what a fucking weekend that would be

53 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

ive been told texas has switched up its recruiting style after the brock misses

dont be surprised to see a surge in ol recruiting 

So Carrington is helping out Hand now. I assume that means they feel we're going to be set at rb.