Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

I am admittedly in no way an expert on recruiting.  I like to casually follow as I find exciting to see what’s in the pipeline in terms of the future of the team.

However, is this not what we should expect; decommits from “talent” that I contend is too scared to compete?

“Bye. Don’t the door hit ya in the ass on the way out”

I’m so ready to get back to the days of <FUMB whiny voice> “we can’t take ‘em all”...when Texas just cherry picked who they wanted and let the rest go out of state...

Just now, Lonestar88 said:

The Yurcich situation was the reason Milroe kept in contact with other teams the entire time, the Ewers commitment put it over the top.

2022 is going to be a juggernaut, but this year is going to be a weird class.

Only thing that can save this class is getting both Wheaton and Johnson, which would fall in line with the weirdness.

Just now, ChemicalHorn said:

So weird to leave bc he’s afraid to compete with Ewers and because Yurcich wasn’t all in on him only to commit to a school that signed the no. 1 QB the year before and turned him commitment down earlier in the year. 

I think we all thought the decision by Yurcich to immediately go after other QBs was a risky gamble. In hindsight, we had more to gain than lose.

5 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Only thing that can save this class is getting both Wheaton and Johnson, which would fall in line with the weirdness.

This is just pure HTownHorn. A take that is built on like five off-kilter assumptions to make something that makes you immediately say "lolwut"

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1