Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

6 hours ago, BigSwingingD said:

I know, FCB....

Is it possible we are sleeping on Casey Thompson? 

I'm not convinced he will be passed over. He may be more or a Yurcich guy than we think.

This podcast is worth a listen. FCB interview with Charles Thompson. Some good insight on Casey's competitiveness, his history as a passer in HS, and Yurcich knowing and recruiting Casey.  It will be interesting to see if he gets meaningful snaps this year. 

FCB sounds like a douche. So much so, he makes a dirtbag sooner sound great. (Actually, Charles is a good dude. For a dirtbag sooner.)

If you can stand FCB for 30 minutes...

https://podbay.fm/p/horns247-podcasts-longhorn-blitz-the-flagship-and-state-of-recruiting/e/1597105018

According to LotusHorn (CTJ) then yes, Thompson will start this year and us better than Ehlinger. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Wonder if Milroe called Bama, or Bama contacted Milroe, or Brocks contacte Milroe....who struck the match?

the rumors are that he has been at least listening (if not talking) to Bama since Texas started looking at other QBs...just in the background

I'm for taking an early enrollee QB in this class who's a high floor advanced passer who could potentially step in to play as a true freshman if Card gets injured in 2021. Thompson won't be around, and JQJ may or may not be playing QB. If he is, he'd still need a backup if Card got injured. 

I don't know the other QBs outside of Drones, who I'd work on, but you should be able to find an underrated QB who can throw deep and hit RPOs as a freshman somewhere. Maybe the Charles Wright guy mentioned above (although I haven't watched him). 

I wouldn't take a guy because he has a high ceiling and could potentially move to a different position. The most important function here is as a backup in 2021, so you want a guy who's already good.

The other argument is take a grad transfer instead, which might have some merit, but there's no guarantee we'd find the right fit heading into 2021, and if the guy is any good you're possibly looking at Card transferring, and if he's not very good then.. he's not very good. 

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

I'm for taking an early enrollee QB in this class who's a high floor advanced passer who could potentially step in to play as a true freshman if Card gets injured in 2021. Thompson won't be around, and JQJ may or may not be playing QB. If he is, he'd still need a backup if Card got injured. 

I don't know the other QBs outside of Drones, who I'd work on, but you should be able to find an underrated QB who can throw deep and hit RPOs as a freshman somewhere. Maybe the Charles Wright guy mentioned above (although I haven't watched him). 

I wouldn't take a guy because he has a high ceiling and could potentially move to a different position. The most important function here is as a backup in 2021, so you want a guy who's already good.

The other argument is take a grad transfer instead, which might have some merit, but there's no guarantee we'd find the right fit heading into 2021, and if the guy is any good you're possibly looking at Card transferring, and if he's not very good then.. he's not very good. 

Just picking this one to reply to and share the Wright links

https://247sports.com/player/charles-wright-46051054/

Gabe Brooks Scouting Report from his profile:

MQKm7EH4

Currently #164 composite in TX, #39 composite overall pro style QB

247 reports offers from Iowa St, Arky, Louisiana, NC State, North Texas, TX State, UTSA

Here is a VIP article on him that would be interesting to read if someone has it:

ISU QB commit Charles Wright talks football background, goals
https://247sports.com/Article/Dez-Bryant-reportedly-set-to-work-out-with-Baltimore-Ravens-150366058/

here is his HUDL: https://www.hudl.com/profile/9970085/Charles-Wright

Jr. Year Highlights: https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9970085/5dc22dd65cb31e031c36a417

Twitter: https://twitter.com/cwrightjr14?lang=en

interestingly, Quinn Ewers is following him...

has anyone ever heard of QB Hit List? https://qbhitlist.com/profile/charles-wright-tx/

Article: 'A magician with the ball': New Iowa State QB recruit Charles Wright flew under the radar in Texas

Spoiler

Mike Rosenthal remembers when he realized Charles Wright had the "it" factor.

It wasn't on a football field. It didn't even involve a football.

It happened during the offseason after Wright's freshman season at Austin (Texas) High School, where Rosenthal is the head football coach. His team was playing a simple game of dodgeball for fun. Just to loosen up a bit and have a good time.

Not Wright, though.

"He just wanted to destroy everybody," Rosenthal told the Register over the phone last week. "He wanted to win the game. He loves to play. He loves to compete. We knew right away he was special — just the way he carried himself. It was unlike any 14-year-old kid we’ve ever been around."

Austin High quarterback Charles Wright runs with the ball during a high school football game between Westwood and Austin High in Round Rock, Texas, on Friday, Sept. 7, 2018.

Fast forward a couple years, and Wright has become the fourth recruit in Iowa State's 2021 recruiting class. Considered a three-star prospect, Wright picked the Cyclones over a trio of in-state offers from North Texas, Texas State and UTSA.

More schools were starting to enter the fray, too. Programs such as Texas, TCU, Northwestern and Colorado had come to campus to see Wright, Rosenthal said, but Wright committed to Iowa State after receiving an offer last May and visiting campus twice since then — most recently for the Cyclones' November win over Texas.

"To be honest with you, I think it was a personality fit," Rosenthal said. "He just kind of wants to take on the big guns and beat them. So I think it meshes with everything, the toughness, that coach Campbell talks about. I just think he’s a perfect fit for Iowa State."

Austin High is not a Texas powerhouse. Top recruits in that state rarely come from the Austin High program. So Wright hasn't gotten as much exposure as he may have at schools such as Westlake and Lake Travis, which both play in Austin's district.

Consequently, Rosenthal, who played offensive line at Notre Dame in the late 1990s, thinks Wright has flown under the radar for much of his high school career. He believes the Power Five schools showing interest, such as Texas and TCU, were hoping he'd continue to fly under the radar and stay on the board heading into his senior season.

But the Cyclones, Rosenthal said, did excellent work with Wright. They made him feel wanted from an early stage, and that allowed them to pluck him from his home state.

"He’s the real deal," Rosenthal said of Wright, whose high school film is reminiscent of Brock Purdy's when he was a high school prospect. "He can throw the ball from every arm angle. He uses his feet to make plays. He can run; we just haven't used him a lot doing that. But he just wants to make plays in the pocket, out of the pocket, throwing the ball and just score touchdowns. He’s a lot of fun to watch, because he’s kind of a magician with the ball and extremely accurate."

Wright, who checks in at 6-foot-1 and 195 pounds, passed for 2,510 yards and 27 touchdowns as a junior. As a sophomore, he passed for 2,862 yards and 28 touchdowns. That season earned him his Iowa State offer.

Rosenthal remembers the Westlake game from Wright's eye-opening sophomore year. His team lost 57-0 and Wright got "the crap kicked out of him" by Westlake's defensive line. What Rosenthal remembers most, though, is how Wright got back up every single time, unfazed, ready to call the next play and sling the ball downfield against a juggernaut defense.

Rosenthal also remembers how his sophomore quarterback never complained about a lack of protection from his offensive line. Not once.

"He’s a kid that everybody wants to play for," Rosenthal said, "and everybody wants to play with."

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, NoName said:

Just picking this one to reply to and share the Wright links

https://247sports.com/player/charles-wright-46051054/

Gabe Brooks Scouting Report from his profile:

MQKm7EH4

Currently #164 composite in TX, #39 composite overall pro style QB

247 reports offers from Iowa St, Arky, Louisiana, NC State, North Texas, TX State, UTSA

Here is a VIP article on him that would be interesting to read if someone has it:

ISU QB commit Charles Wright talks football background, goals
https://247sports.com/Article/Dez-Bryant-reportedly-set-to-work-out-with-Baltimore-Ravens-150366058/

here is his HUDL: https://www.hudl.com/profile/9970085/Charles-Wright

Jr. Year Highlights: https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9970085/5dc22dd65cb31e031c36a417

Twitter: https://twitter.com/cwrightjr14?lang=en

interestingly, Quinn Ewers is following him...

has anyone ever heard of QB Hit List? https://qbhitlist.com/profile/charles-wright-tx/

Article: 'A magician with the ball': New Iowa State QB recruit Charles Wright flew under the radar in Texas

Reveal hidden contents

Mike Rosenthal remembers when he realized Charles Wright had the "it" factor.

It wasn't on a football field. It didn't even involve a football.

It happened during the offseason after Wright's freshman season at Austin (Texas) High School, where Rosenthal is the head football coach. His team was playing a simple game of dodgeball for fun. Just to loosen up a bit and have a good time.

Not Wright, though.

"He just wanted to destroy everybody," Rosenthal told the Register over the phone last week. "He wanted to win the game. He loves to play. He loves to compete. We knew right away he was special — just the way he carried himself. It was unlike any 14-year-old kid we’ve ever been around."

Austin High quarterback Charles Wright runs with the ball during a high school football game between Westwood and Austin High in Round Rock, Texas, on Friday, Sept. 7, 2018.

Fast forward a couple years, and Wright has become the fourth recruit in Iowa State's 2021 recruiting class. Considered a three-star prospect, Wright picked the Cyclones over a trio of in-state offers from North Texas, Texas State and UTSA.

More schools were starting to enter the fray, too. Programs such as Texas, TCU, Northwestern and Colorado had come to campus to see Wright, Rosenthal said, but Wright committed to Iowa State after receiving an offer last May and visiting campus twice since then — most recently for the Cyclones' November win over Texas.

"To be honest with you, I think it was a personality fit," Rosenthal said. "He just kind of wants to take on the big guns and beat them. So I think it meshes with everything, the toughness, that coach Campbell talks about. I just think he’s a perfect fit for Iowa State."

Austin High is not a Texas powerhouse. Top recruits in that state rarely come from the Austin High program. So Wright hasn't gotten as much exposure as he may have at schools such as Westlake and Lake Travis, which both play in Austin's district.

Consequently, Rosenthal, who played offensive line at Notre Dame in the late 1990s, thinks Wright has flown under the radar for much of his high school career. He believes the Power Five schools showing interest, such as Texas and TCU, were hoping he'd continue to fly under the radar and stay on the board heading into his senior season.

But the Cyclones, Rosenthal said, did excellent work with Wright. They made him feel wanted from an early stage, and that allowed them to pluck him from his home state.

"He’s the real deal," Rosenthal said of Wright, whose high school film is reminiscent of Brock Purdy's when he was a high school prospect. "He can throw the ball from every arm angle. He uses his feet to make plays. He can run; we just haven't used him a lot doing that. But he just wants to make plays in the pocket, out of the pocket, throwing the ball and just score touchdowns. He’s a lot of fun to watch, because he’s kind of a magician with the ball and extremely accurate."

Wright, who checks in at 6-foot-1 and 195 pounds, passed for 2,510 yards and 27 touchdowns as a junior. As a sophomore, he passed for 2,862 yards and 28 touchdowns. That season earned him his Iowa State offer.

Rosenthal remembers the Westlake game from Wright's eye-opening sophomore year. His team lost 57-0 and Wright got "the crap kicked out of him" by Westlake's defensive line. What Rosenthal remembers most, though, is how Wright got back up every single time, unfazed, ready to call the next play and sling the ball downfield against a juggernaut defense.

Rosenthal also remembers how his sophomore quarterback never complained about a lack of protection from his offensive line. Not once.

"He’s a kid that everybody wants to play for," Rosenthal said, "and everybody wants to play with."

Reminds me a little of Buechele 

• Hook 'Em 1

The lack of in person evaluating will be a problem here. They're going to need to rely on guys like Stanfield to tell them who to chase. 

I like Wright, and I agree that you have to get a fundamentally sound qb just in case he's the backup. Idk that you can flip a kid from a p5 school to be clipboard Jesus. I'd look at Henigan at Ryan. He's in the top 1% of his class and will come to play school. I'd say we can stack up favorably against Memphis academically.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

Yurich is showing that he's a competitor.  I didn't like it at first but the gamble paid off.  He's not coaching to lose. He's recruiting like he's at tOSU and going after the best regardless of prior year commitments.  That's a hell of an attitude he's bringing to Texas.  I'm liking this man already and he hasn't coached a down as a Longhorn.  

mackbrowntv.jpg

If Yurcich can't flip any of his primary targets, I wonder if we just bank on a graduate transfer.  If we truly are trying to plan against the worst-case scenario, a QB room consisting only of two underclassmen would be one of the most inviting in the country for anyone looking for a new spot.

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

I'd look at Henigan at Ryan. He's in the top 1% of his class and will come to play school. I'd say we can stack up favorably against Memphis academically.

Yup, the more I watch Henigan, the more I think this is who they should go get. His brother is at Texas, Ryan is a Texas pipeline, he wants to play school and is committed to Memphis. 

It's a live arm and he can scramble. Quick release. HC's son would be an ideal backup. 

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6296681/5db1d37e3864ec0f9c972e03

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

I have coached against Wright in 7s and have watched him play against LT over the last few years. Kid is a stud and is a take all day in this situation. 

I’ve seen him play a few times and I mentioned him months ago. He plays on a HS team with little to no talent. If you put him on LT or Westlake’s team he would have a bunch of offers. 

I really don’t want to see him at ISU either. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Fud said:

Thompson won't be around

I get why this is the prevailing sentiment and it’s probably right but I don’t think it’s a sure thing. Even if he loses the starting job there is going to be a qb battle that at least drags on into summer camp. Is he really going to transfer somewhere in August and hope he gets a waiver in time (if he hasn’t graduated) find a new team and win the starting job on a new team?

The more logical move for him may end up being stick around and be there if Card tanks or gets hurt and finish up anything he has left on his degree. Then grad transfer in the spring and maximize his time at his new school for the last year of eligibility. 

Of course maybe this is just wishful thinking because that would also pretty much solve our qb depth issues.  

2 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

I get why this is the prevailing sentiment and it’s probably right but I don’t think it’s a sure thing. Even if he loses the starting job there is going to be a qb battle that at least drags on into summer camp. Is he really going to transfer somewhere in August and hope he gets a waiver in time (if he hasn’t graduated) find a new team and win the starting job on a new team?

The more logical move for him may end up being stick around and be there if Card tanks or gets hurt and finish up anything he has left on his degree. Then grad transfer in the spring and maximize his time at his new school for the last year of eligibility. 

Of course maybe this is just wishful thinking because that would also pretty much solve our qb depth issues.  

He'd more than likely be a grad transfer - so he wouldn't need to worry about a waiver.

1 minute ago, UncleSonny said:

As an early enrollee who's been on campus every summer, he'll almost certainly be graduated and will be able to play right away. I'd guess that he'd leave after spring ball when it's clear that Card is better, which would give him the summer and then fall camp to learn the playbook elsewhere, which happens pretty often. Or maybe he does win the job, but that seems unlikely to me. I'm happy that he's a quality backup this year though. 

10 minutes ago, Fud said:

As an early enrollee who's been on campus every summer, he'll almost certainly be graduated and will be able to play right away. I'd guess that he'd leave after spring ball when it's clear that Card is better, which would give him the summer and then fall camp to learn the playbook elsewhere, which happens pretty often. Or maybe he does win the job, but that seems unlikely to me. I'm happy that he's a quality backup this year though. 

Yeah I forgot he was an early enrollee, will likely be graduated. If Card is named the starter in the spring or is clearly better he’s almost certainly gone. 

It puts Herman in kind of an interesting position because he’ll want an open competition I’m sure and to give the upperclassmen a fair shot. The longer it plays out the better for the team too because Thompson might stick around for the season. It would be a really shitty thing to do to string a kid along if you know he won’t win the job. The way the Buechele transfer played out it seems unlikely that Herman play it out like that.   

21 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Remember when you went to buy a Rolls Royce, and how disappointed you were when instead you found out you had actually bought a shitty entry level Mercedes that is basically a Buick with an extra $25,000 for the hood ornament?  It was a lot like the feeling one would have if they thought they were going to play football for Texas but end up having to go to Baylor instead.

Ex wife's mom bought her a new Mercedes suv. After we divorced of course. I laughed my ass off when she took it in for service and found out about the $500 oil change/service.  Lol

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NorLa Horns said:

Ex wife's mom bought her a new Mercedes suv. After we divorced of course. I laughed my ass off when she took it in for service and found out about the $500 oil change/service.  Lol

Should not buy a Mercedes if you can’t afford the oil change. 

An athletic backup QB that also help with recruiting future teammates. (Ie Baldwin at lake Travis)?

13 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Yeah I forgot he was an early enrollee, will likely be graduated. If Card is named the starter in the spring or is clearly better he’s almost certainly gone. 

It puts Herman in kind of an interesting position because he’ll want an open competition I’m sure and to give the upperclassmen a fair shot. The longer it plays out the better for the team too because Thompson might stick around for the season. It would be a really shitty thing to do to string a kid along if you know he won’t win the job. The way the Buechele transfer played out it seems unlikely that Herman play it out like that.   

There are a lot of assumptions here.  Thompson is in year 3 now and has a very good grasp of this offense and our program.  He's also a better fit for what Yurcich wants to do with this offense.  It's the same offense he ran in high school and Yurcich was recruiting him and had offered him at okie lite.  I think we'll be pleased with what we see.  It will be a rebuilding year with new tackles and centers next year.  May not be a bad idea to have a seasoned upperclassman QB to start the season and let Card battle it out.  We can't afford him to grad transfer out and start a RS frosh with a young inexperienced OL.  That would mean JQJ would be the only back up if Thompson transfers.  Not worth the rist in my opinion.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, victory88 said:

There are a lot of assumptions here.  Thompson is in year 3 now and has a very good grasp of this offense and our program.  He's also a better fit for what Yurcich wants to do with this offense.  It's the same offense he ran in high school and Yurcich was recruiting him and had offered him at okie lite.  I think we'll be pleased with what we see.  It will be a rebuilding year with new tackles and centers next year.  May not be a bad idea to have a seasoned upperclassman QB to start the season and let Card battle it out.  We can't afford him to grad transfer out and start a RS frosh with a young inexperienced OL.  That would mean JQJ would be the only back up if Thompson transfers.  Not worth the rist in my opinion.  

If it's close, then sure, maybe

If Card is clearly better, I'd rather just give him all the reps with the 1s so he can expedite his growth curve

Presumably a 2021 recruit would also be a backup. Ideally one who enrolls early and is a polished passer for an incoming true freshman. Or maybe a grad transfer, although you'd need to find the right fit. 

I think Yurich should keep chipping away on Drones, and if that doesn't work out hold a spot for a late bloomer like Matthew Baldwin. 

Charles Wright doesn't move the needle much, but he'd be a very capable back up QB if he could be talked into that role. As someone mentioned upthread, we might need a smart kid that's content playing school. If Herman will burn a scholarship on a kicker and a punter, I think he'd be willing to burn on a career back up QB. 

There's no way around it, if Card wins the job in 2021, some difficult conversations will be had. You'd like to hold on to Thompson, but the son of a former star QB isn't going to hold a clipboard for his redshirt junior season. I know nothing about JQJ as a person, but you'd hope one sprained ankle away from being the starter would be enough to keep him in the fold. 

The way I look at it I don’t see the point taking a high floor/late rising 3 star guy. The way things are currently shaking out his main value would be as an emergency backup (3rd string or possible 4th string depending on Thompson) in the 2021 season when he would be a true freshman and probably not ready to help much anyway. 

Teams have seasons where they have to dip down to 3rd and 4th string qbs on occasion but I don’t think putting in a moderately talented true freshman would be any better than one of our preferred walk-on that has been in the system a few years or throwing RoJo back there. A grad transfer who would be ok with a backup role may be a different story. 

1 hour ago, Fud said:

If it's close, then sure, maybe

If Card is clearly better, I'd rather just give him all the reps with the 1s so he can expedite his growth curve

Presumably a 2021 recruit would also be a backup. Ideally one who enrolls early and is a polished passer for an incoming true freshman. Or maybe a grad transfer, although you'd need to find the right fit. 

Why are you doing this to the board Fud? Card is not that dude or beating out a healthy Casey. Only injury or in game performance would get Casey benched and if he fails, we'll have a grad transfer ready to play. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

The way I look at it I don’t see the point taking a high floor/late rising 3 star guy. The way things are currently shaking out his main value would be as an emergency backup (3rd string or possible 4th string depending on Thompson) in the 2021 season when he would be a true freshman and probably not ready to help much anyway. 

Well there aren't gunna be a whole lot of options if Ewers is scaring away anything above a high floor/late rising 3 star guy, and the the staff was already behind the 8 ball after Milroe. 

Number 2, it isn't just about the 2021 season depth. 

27 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Teams have seasons where they have to dip down to 3rd and 4th string qbs on occasion but I don’t think putting in a moderately talented true freshman would be any better than one of our preferred walk-on that has been in the system a few years or throwing RoJo back there. A grad transfer who would be ok with a backup role may be a different story. 

I think a lot of people looking at the pro’s of taking a guy that’s a high floor career back up including myself will point to Clemson winning in 2018, without Chase Brice coming in and saving the day when Lawrence went down they probably don’t win it all. Also I’m not just talking about 2021, this includes 2022 and possibly 2023 as well because it’s going to be hard to land another elite before 2024 with Ewers on board. 

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Why are you doing this to the board Fud? Card is not that dude or beating out a healthy Casey. Only injury or in game performance would get Casey benched and if he fails, we'll have a grad transfer ready to play. 

You’re basing this on what exactly? Could end up being true but it’s far from a given at this point. This isn’t Macks Texas and seniority means dick without the performance to back it up.

Edited by Hank_Hill

13 minutes ago, bEastTexas said:

I think a lot of people looking at the pro’s of taking a guy that’s a high floor career back up including myself will point to Clemson winning in 2018, without Chase Brice coming in and saving the day when Lawrence went down they probably don’t win it all. Also I’m not just talking about 2021, this includes 2022 and possibly 2023 as well because it’s going to be hard to land another elite before 2024 with Ewers on board. 

I get that but in the 2022 season we’ll have Card, Ewers, and hopefully still JQJ. And there is no reason we can’t add an elite in 2023, Alabama literally just pulled Milroe the year after Bryce Young. 

Yeah it’s a risky way to play it and guys can transfer out or get injured at any time but that works in our favor too. It’s never been easier for a big program to grab a transfer qb if needed. I hate the idea of Texas signing a guy whose best case scenario is he stays four or five years and is good enough to not be terrible if we have to use our 3rd string qb. 

50 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

It worked out when we took a small school 3 star in Colt McCoy.  If we are taking a grad transfer who is willing to take a backup role, then they are coming here to play school.  I don't see the downside to taking a high character kid from a small school (or a pipeline school).  You need bodies to have a depth chart sort itself out.

5 minutes ago, BruceVonClaude said:

It worked out when we took a small school 3 star in Colt McCoy.  If we are taking a grad transfer who is willing to take a backup role, then they are coming here to play school.  I don't see the downside to taking a high character kid from a small school (or a pipeline school).  You need bodies to have a depth chart sort itself out.

there are reasons to take high floor guys, but evoking Colt fucking McCoy isn't one of them.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

There's no way around it, if Card wins the job in 2021, some difficult conversations will be had. You'd like to hold on to Thompson, but the son of a former star QB isn't going to hold a clipboard for his redshirt junior season. I know nothing about JQJ as a person, but you'd hope one sprained ankle away from being the starter would be enough to keep him in the fold. 

I think that JQJ is far too talented to be relegated to being a backup QB. We'll find a way to get him on the field at another position, which means we would need a backup to Card in this hypothetical where Card wins the job and Thompson grad transfers. I think you want Ewers to redshirt, so we would need that backup for potentially two years should Card get injured. It's a potentially precarious situation but I bet the staff figures it out. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

They should try to find another QB this class. Did we not learn anything from Mack not recruiting guys like Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin because he had Garrett Gilbert lined up?

Sure, keep evaluating guys and if you can get a Texas level player like Drones to commit this late in the process that’s awesome. I’m just saying take a guy that you expect to compete and who’s not just be happy be in qb room meetings for 4 years. 

The difference in the GG thing is Mack literally only had Gilbert as a viable option after Colt left.  Ewers will arrive on campus with Card and JQJ both on campus after two full years in the program. And hopefully another big time prospect in the class behind him. 

2 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

I realize there is some debate, but which RB do we want the most? (whynotbothexcluded)

Can't lose. Wheaton's speed would be a new elite trait in the RB room and LJ would be an Ingram upgrade. I'd need to see how Yurch plans to use the RBs before making a definitive call, but I'm ecstatic about either. 

6 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

The difference in the GG thing is Mack literally only had Gilbert as a viable option after Colt left.  Ewers will arrive on campus with Card and JQJ both on campus after two full years in the program. And hopefully another big time prospect in the class behind him. 

Again, probably not.If JQJ doesn't win the job, he probably becomes a H-Back, TE or LB. Your long-term projections for the QB room probably shouldn't depend on both of them being QBs two years from now.

Just now, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Can't lose. Wheaton's speed would be a new elite trait in the RB room and LJ would be an Ingram upgrade. I'd need to see how Yurch plans to use the RBs before making a definitive call, but I'm ecstatic about either. 

If Riley wants Wheaton more, so should we, and then figure out why Riley wanted him more and use him like that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1