Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

7 minutes ago, Houston20 said:

few other notes that I got, but this really isn't anything new if you've been paying attn:

- Conner is solid AF, makes our other solid commits seem fair-weathered (they're solid)

- Milroe was gone with or without Ewers on board

- Brocks (fuck them) were all burnt orange until dad's feelings were hurt (not clear exactly why). Dad was pretty set on making bama happen

- Ish has been most vocal behind the scenes

- Bowman is not going anywhere...

- '20 note: TO had bag$$ dropped off by aggy, but Texas refused to play the game/match it. So he committed to aggy and ended up budging to UT (aka "we're not playing that game, but we will get you in a position/exposure to make millions")

interesting, but confirms the rumors we were still flirting with other prospects

Edit: if true this also makes getting Ewers a MASSIVE deal

Edited by Mason Ramsey

3 minutes ago, Houston20 said:

few other notes that I got, but this really isn't anything new if you've been paying attn:

- Conner is solid AF, makes our other solid commits seem fair-weathered (they're solid)

- Brocks (fuck them) were all burnt orange until dad's feelings were hurt (not clear exactly why). Dad was pretty set on making bama happen

- '20 note: TO had bag$$ dropped off by aggy, but Texas refused to play the game/match it. So he committed to aggy and ended up budging to UT (aka "we're not playing that game, but we will get you in a position/exposure to make millions")

I'll accept your new glizzy info. We now have Houston and Dallas covered, so we should be good. 

5 minutes ago, Houston20 said:

Let me say this again: Blake f'n Brock shouldn't be allowed to step foot on campus from this point forward.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Houston20 said:

That’s actually true.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Longhorn94 said:

have i told yall about the QB at LT? Nate Yarnell. currently committed to Pittsburgh. I like him better than Wright but this will be his first year to be QB1 on varsity. He did nicely subbing in for Card last year. He is 6'6 and has a rocket for an arm. decent mobility. normal HS QB bad habits. he would fit in Yurcich's offense very well. perhaps Texas will check in on him this Fall.

Texas high( Texarkana) DNA.  I approve this message 

• Hook 'Em 1

Actively recruiting against your alma mater. Classy.

Burning bridges, and if they aren’t careful some folks may get really pissed and take it to the next level to get back at them. They better be careful. People take their recruiting seriously.
  • Like 1

Burning bridges, and if they aren’t careful some folks may get really pissed and take it to the next level to get back at them. They better be careful. People take their recruiting seriously.

I wondered that.
If they are actively recruiting against the good guys I wonder how that makes Luke feel. I’d be pretty hacked.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Horns 247 / Mike Roach / Highland Park OL Jack Leyrer talks Texas offer, timeline

Spoiler

Highland Park OL Jack Leyrer talks Texas offer, timeline

MikeRoach

The Texas staff is looking at in-state tackle options.

Last week, Texas offered Jack Leyrer. The three-star offensive tackle from Highland Park already holds a big number of offers, but he admitted that he would have to take a second look at an opportunity like Texas.

“It meant a lot,” he said. “I’ve been a Texas fan for a long time and getting an offer from a big in-state school like UT is awesome.”

Leyrer’s recruitment is pretty far along. Programs like Stanford, Northwestern, USC and Vanderbilt are in the running. Texas entered the party late, and Leyrer said that does put the Longhorns at a bit of a disadvantage.

“To a degree, yes,” Leyrer said. “I have been building relationships with some of these coaches going on six months now.”

Leyrer trains with former Texas offensive lineman Donald Hawkins in the D-FW area. Leyrer hasn’t seen him in a bit, but he knows that Hawkins will have good things to say when he does see him.

“Donald loves Texas,” he said. “I haven’t seen him since I got the offer. I’m sure he will talk my ear off when I see him next.”

Former Highland Park teammates Prince Dorbah and Paxton Anderson are in their first camps in Austin. Leyrer said he spoke to both since getting the offer and is hearing good things about Texas.

“Prince and Paxton have both reached out,” Leyrer said. “I know they have loved everything about UT in the short time they have been there.”

Leyrer will likely take a self-guided visit to Austin soon. He plans to make a commitment before his senior season begins.

“I plan on making a commitment before the season,” he said. “I will probably be making a trip to Austin in the next week or so.”

At 6-foot-6, 275 pounds, Leyrer is ranked as the No. 77 offensive tackle in the nation and No. 123 overall prospect in Texas, according to 247Sports Composite.

• Hook 'Em 1

Brocks were never coming here.  Were just seeing which top program would take both.  Remember when it was supposedly between us and Clemson?  When they said "no thanks" on offering James they just went to the next school on the list in Bama'.  If it wasn't them it'd been LSU or Auburn.

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, JNip said:

What would you prefer? 

- Texas lands Camar, LJ goes to A&M

- Texas lands LJ, Camar goes to OU.

I like LJ better as a prospect but it’s gonna suck having Camar at OU. 

Give me Camar tbh. LJ might be the better prospect overall but Wheaton gives the backfield more variety in weapons to put on the field. Plus, we won't have to worry about defending against LJ if he doesn't come here.

Also, watching the OU boards crucify Drumm would be pretty hilarious.

Edited by ChampionshipLevelPiss
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2