ua

sdsu

ucla

usc

tcu

ucf

uf

fsu

my fam had a chance to visit all those schools sometimes i wish my fam werent texas legacies so my fam wouldve visited those places & i couldve boned their coed thots 

this is just dumb

29 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Fenves hated Herman.  I don't think anyone will argue that Herman was quite arrogant walking into the Texas job.  He's also brought his fair share of embarrassing press with the stripper incident and the middle fingers pointed to the camera.  The last few seasons have humbled him as he knows he'll get booted out the door without any sympathy unlike Charlie Strong.  If we have success, I hope he's learned how to behave.

I actually like the idea of a total prick HC that everyone hates. This way when he fucks up and starts to lose regularly he gets fired with impunity. FUPM & CS were well liked so their firings were much more painful then they needed to be.

Herman's assholishness plays to UT's benefit in the long run.

13 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

forgot to add tamu to my list their thot game has seriously been upped since 2012

beautiful model type thots with huge asses walking around that campus something u would never find at ut unless they play womens sports like volleyball

i envy tamus admission process that lets all those beautiful thots enroll while texas is stuck with band geek looking thots 

What you're doing here... I don't see it.

36 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Fenves hated Herman.  

Indeed. Some people like honesty and react well to it and some don’t. Fenves is gone and Hartzell (who is a fan and a friend of the program) likes to win. Period. I expect he and Herman to get along well, only because I expect Herman is about to start winning a lot of football games. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Suchomel on Leyrer.. interesting note in that that coaches/staff can no longer facetime recruits while they're doing self tours on campus

FYI, I did a very quick interview with new UT offensive line offer Jack Leyrer in the middle of our podcast this morning.

I'll have a full report in the War Room tonight but Leyrer told me he's planning to visit Austin "next weekend." I didn't even think to ask if that meant this upcoming weekend, or the weekend of August 28 ... I'm thinking the latter, but working to get clarification.

Leyrer will do a self-guided tour, but he said the NCAA put a rule in place where recruits can no longer FaceTime with coaches where they're on campus (stupid, but whatever). So he and his parents will tour the campus and then probably FaceTime with the staff once they leave.

Leyrer's dad is a UT School of Business grad and Leyrer said he's grown up being a Texas fan ... still some other schools heavily involved here but he wants to decide in the next couple weeks and this feels like one Texas should be able to (and needs) to win.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hornfromdallas said:

at texas this girl would be a 10 at asu she isnt even a 3

my dream school to attend with thots is

asu 

ua

sdsu

ucla

usc

tcu

ucf

uf

fsu

my fam had a chance to visit all those schools sometimes i wish my fam werent texas legacies so my fam wouldve visited those places & i couldve boned their coed thots 

Coincidentally all thots voted which produced these rankings...

Junior on Hee Haw

Random burn victim 

Marty Feldman

Peter Boyle

A regular boil

The Elephant Man

Woody Allen

Guinness Book of World Records worlds’ fattest twins on mini bikes

Rapey janitor at school 

Carl

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, Fud said:

Suchomel on Leyrer.. interesting note in that that coaches/staff can no longer facetime recruits while they're doing self tours on campus

Reveal hidden contents

FYI, I did a very quick interview with new UT offensive line offer Jack Leyrer in the middle of our podcast this morning.

I'll have a full report in the War Room tonight but Leyrer told me he's planning to visit Austin "next weekend." I didn't even think to ask if that meant this upcoming weekend, or the weekend of August 28 ... I'm thinking the latter, but working to get clarification.

Leyrer will do a self-guided tour, but he said the NCAA put a rule in place where recruits can no longer FaceTime with coaches where they're on campus (stupid, but whatever). So he and his parents will tour the campus and then probably FaceTime with the staff once they leave.

Leyrer's dad is a UT School of Business grad and Leyrer said he's grown up being a Texas fan ... still some other schools heavily involved here but he wants to decide in the next couple weeks and this feels like one Texas should be able to (and needs) to win.

The staff should make a custom made youtube video just for Leyrer's tour 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, satyanash said:

- Barton doesn't care which conferences are dropping out, he just wants some football. Thinks a fall+spring season would be best, skeptical it can be pulled off.

- Quinn Ewers is the best QB since Trevor Lawrence, in Barton Simmons' mind. Obscene sophomore numbers. He's not a 'reluctant' No. 1, but an emphatic one. Resume, pedigree, ability, production are all superb.

- Ewers' commitment is an immensely positive indicator for the future of Texas football. Texas is one of those programs that cannot function without a good QB, they peaked with VY + Colt but fell off afterwards because of how QB-dependent the program is. Ehlinger arriving on campus was the turning point after the Strong debacle, he's put Texas on solid footing heading into his last year.

- Elliott doesn't think Ehlinger is an NFL guy, but he likes Card and JQJ picking up the role moving forward. Not counting out Casey Thompson. Confidence-inspiring line of succession that ends with Quinn Ewers, who will be ready to play as a true freshman. If he sits his first year, it'll be the same way Lawrence sat. Once he's under-center, Texas will have a national championship ceiling.

- Even with Milroe gone, Texas has one of the deeper QB rooms in the country and the best QB succession plan in all of college football. If Texas truly wants to be back, QB is where it starts.

- Bud Elliott thinks Ewers could potentially save Herman's tenure at Texas. Zero chance he busts. Elliott is skeptical of Texas' recent coordinator changes, he thinks the Covid outbreak has set them back installing their schemes. But Ewers' commitment is huge news for Herman. The chance at least one superstar is in the Texas QB room once Ehlinger leaves is great.

- Elliott is now all-in on Texas, after being unsure re: Herman's future. Emphasizes again how QB-driven Texas football is.

- The 2005 Texas team was crazy talented. Took a phenomenal effort from the No. 1 player in CFB to win the game. That's where the margins are in CFB right now. If you don't have a QB that can carry a team, you won't win it all. The last non-Nick Saban team to win a natty with just a decent QB was 2007 LSU with Jarrett Lee (and they had two losses!).

- Herman isn't Saban, who can use clever tricks like oversigning and skirting NCAA rules to build an elite team. He needs a QB who can put the team on his back in order to succeed.

- Simmons thought Milroe was going to be caught up in the wash, sandwiched between Card/JQJ and Ewers. He felt Milroe was an "after-the-guy" QB, in the sense that he's talented, athletic, etc. but was going to be raw coming in and therefore probably wouldn't have gotten an opportunity at UT. He goes to Alabama, which is a much better fit for him because he'll be able to sit for a couple of years behind Bryce Young before seeing the field. The move made sense for him.

- It's really tough to get a high-quality QB before and after a prospect like Quinn Ewers. Kids like to compete, but they're also realistic. It's hard to be ahead of a QB like Ewers, or behind a prospect like Bryce Young. No other QB on Ewers' level exists in the 2022 class that Alabama can sign, so Milroe's safe there.

- Alabama is #2 after adding Milroe + Monkell Goodwine in the class rankings, two points behind Ohio State for #1. They could pass Ohio State after the latter lost Tunmise Adeyele. Nick Saban's always got a plan, he's been re-energized lately.

- There are rumblings re: Herman not getting along with people in Texas administration. Elliott doesn't think he's on the hot seat, but he needs to make in to 2022 and so much depends on what happens this fall. He has a highly regarded roster, the talent should be there. Bijan on offense, a ton of talented DBs, Ossai as a edge rusher, lots of former Top 100 receivers. Elliott thinks Texas has to be in the Big 12 title game, else Herman is teetering on the edge and the pressure's on in 2021.

- Lot still depends on how Yurcich and Ash work out. They could stabilize things a bit, but it's still touch-and-go. If Herman can just make it to 2022, he'll be off-and-running with Ewers as his QB. Meanwhile blOU is still having defensive issues with arrests and suspensions, there's reason to be bullish on Texas. But TCU, Okie Lite are still threats, and Herman has shown he can't easily dominate other Big 12 programs like Riley can at blOU.

- Don't see A&M, Auburn, LSU, Bama, etc. losing to a Kentucky, or an Ole Miss (he later took back A&M). No potential for mid-tier teams to play spoiler in the SEC. But in the Big 12 the margins are thinner, with the exception of blOU. Texas will have to be careful.

- Elliott thinks four combined losses will be in the Big 12 title game. Two 8-2 teams, most likely blOU and Texas. Won't be the case in the SEC because of how the schedule is set up to favour the strongest squads.

- Bla bla bla, non-Texas stuff.

Your write up is better than mine

Gerry and Eric hopped around Texas high schools yesterday. Some fun notes:

• As was said yesterday, Gerry loves Shemar. He also added that the Milroe decommitment would probably not influence Turner's decision, long term. He did not reply to any questions about where we sit in that recruitment. A bit ominous if you ask me
  • Eric thinks Byron Murphy is underrated. The comment was made that Texas should be keeping him warm, and Gerry replied with "Murphy is truly locked into Baylor. Would take something unexpected for him to flip." Unfortunate. 
  • Eric went to SOC: "The story might not be fully written on Jaydon Williams, 2021 LB". Well, isn't that interesting. butnowyouhavemyattention.gif
  • Gerry was asked about TT WR commit Jerand Bradley, who if you'll remember, was listed at 6th nationally in the SI national WR rankings. "Bradley is getting BIG. Long arms. Not explosive, but will make traffic catches and red zone weaponry." Malcolm Epps starter kit, pass.
  • Both commented on the potential of Johntay Cook, a 2023 prospect that Gerry said "In a football sea of 25'ish FBS prospects in 2021, 2022, 2023 and 2024 ... the second best prospect at DeSoto may well be 2023 WR Johntay Cook. Man is he a natural WR in terms of movement and ability to track the ball. Wiry strong for a young kid too. 10 offers, including Texas A&M and Oklahoma State"
  • Eric says Blackwell looks lean and athletic, no problem adding muscle. Gerry said he looks like a safety, is VERY confident, and the type of kid that will host recruits. He's been described as a quiet kid so this is very gruntling
  • They dropped into Bowie to see Devon Campbell. Nothing to report, Texas looks good.
  • Ernest Cooper ('22) is SDE specific. It's been reported that it looks like Texas and Stanford holding serve there. 

tl;dr: The story might not be fully written on Jaydon Williams, 2021 LB

Edit to add: I just read some analysis on Jaydon Willaims' fit in the sparky defense. They're clearly leveraging the relationship and selling him on early playing time. The outstanding issue is that he'll be thrown into an off-ball linebacker spot that he hasn't shown on tape in hs. Could be a bad setup for the kids development and confidence. 

Edited by Ricky's one-hitter
  • Hook 'Em 5

Suchomel on Wright

I got confirmation that Texas has been in touch with quarterback Charles Wright this week. The Austin High product has been committed to Iowa State since late February, but he’s a guy that’s been on Texas’ radar for a while.

I’m hoping to get in touch with Wright on the recent contact (and his thoughts) on Friday or over the weekend, but Texas has been in touch.

Update: Believe the contact just happened tonight, shortly before I posted. So this one's pretty fresh. Will be interesting to see how quickly the QB stuff moves.

FYI, the contact just happened tonight, I think shortly before I posted. Hearing Texas would like for things to move quickly at the QB spot if at all possible. Might be waiting on someone else before they decide what to do on any possible offers.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Fud said:

The staff should make a custom made youtube video just for Leyrer's tour 

would the rules keep you from doing this? for example, they couldn't make and post a highlight video of a prospect on their youtube channel but can they do stuff like "pre record" a tour video and have it specialized for an individual, then do the same for the next individual, then update it for the guy who wants to go to the business school, then update it for the player who wants to do education, etc?

1 minute ago, NoName said:

would the rules keep you from doing this? for example, they couldn't make and post a highlight video of a prospect on their youtube channel but can they do stuff like "pre record" a tour video and have it specialized for an individual, then do the same for the next individual, then update it for the guy who wants to go to the business school, then update it for the player who wants to do education, etc?

They should film everywhere on campus for regular video and VR. Then they should record MOC narration for every spot and assemble the clips and narration based on the prospect. If it's a high profile recruit, get some custom MOC narration tailored to that video. 

It would be a very big, very worthwhile undertaking

• Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

They should film everywhere on campus for regular video and VR. Then they should record MOC narration for every spot and assemble the clips and narration based on the prospect. If it's a high profile recruit, get some custom MOC narration tailored to that video. 

It would be a very big, very worthwhile undertaking

agreed, especially with national recruiting now vs how we did with Mack. would be a good use of time and money.

14 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Pretty sure the offensive edit that Carl and random Houston guy are alluding to is LJ. Smoke on a couple different boards now, as early as this weekend

On what sites and in what threads is this smoke located?