Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

29 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

CTJ could never bring himself to type that garage much less hit “submit reply”. He likes utilizing $10 words, not making up his own language.

bruh take ctjs glizzy out of your mouth its unbecoming of u fucc boi

Spoiler

i will meet u & that glizzy succer ctj in austin we can see who the real opp iz

& dont be crying for security when i slime u 

Edited by hornfromdallas
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

bruh take ctjs glizzy out of your mouth its unbecoming of u fucc boi

Reveal hidden contents

i will meet u & that glizzy succer ctj in austin we can see who the real opp iz

& dont be crying for security when i slime u 

Wait..I was under the impression from another Carl post that slime is ejaculate

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Halas said:

Fucked yo by not prioritizing him earlier. Big time. Unlike what’s still left out there he can stay at tackle. 

Yeah, Leyrer was the last guy on UT’s radar I thought was even worth a take, and missing on him sucked that much worse because of it.  Are you aware of any guys in state you think we should be looking at? 

4 minutes ago, Halas said:

Fucked yo by not prioritizing him earlier. Big time. Unlike what’s still left out there he can stay at tackle. 

Welcome back, Halas. I was going back through some visitors from this time last year. Any sense in giving Brett Canis another look?

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/10084144/5f53c792b535ba0b3451dcc5

14 hours ago, Casual Encounter said:

To be clear, I’ve made fun of CTJ’s choice of language on a football board as well. You two actually do have a lot in common: arrogance, using language we have to google, and a history of making bold, but false, predictions.

you have the most hilarious avatar on this website and I laugh every single time I see it. 

77C660F4-DE5E-42F1-A220-BDED091D66FA.thu

RIP CTJ

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

The pointless comma in your gif pisses me off way more than it probably. 

3 hours ago, IDIOTsavant said:

...should?

Yeah, I just picked the first version in the search that actually moved. Thanks Google. Apparently, shitty grammar is popular online. Who knew?

To be fair, JVDB does do a riveting, emotional pause between "I don't want" and "your life", which really sells the scene. I'm not sure how else you would faithfully depict that in a gif.

• Haha 1

Allen Trieu: Debuts, risers headline updated Top247 for class of 2021

With football kicking off in many states around the country, the class of 2021 was the focus for this month’s update of the Top247 rankings. During the pandemic, the 247Sports recruiting team was still able to track the progress of recruits around the country through provided workout video, delving deeper into previous film whether that be game film or camp film, and at a handful of events that still ran during that time.

The arrival of the football season has allowed the opportunity to see some of the off-season improvements the players made take shape in-game. With there being only a few games to go on, there were not as many changes this time around as there are likely to be come November.

THREE TOP247 DEBUTS

Three new players jumped into the Top247, but they made significant debuts as Alabama athlete commit Kadarius Calloway came in at No. 170 overall and Oregon center commit Jackson Light starts off at No. 178. For Calloway, we were able to see verified testing numbers that were excellent and his junior film, which was re-done and added to, showed a play-maker on both sides of the ball who was also willing to be physical in run support. He has the ability to be an impact player at several positions in college.

Light is a good example of the progression of the rankings process as the players themselves progress. When he first came on the radar, Light was around 245 pounds and today stands at 285 pounds. He put together good camp performances, including an Alpha Dog performance in Phoenix at an Under Armour event. That had him already moving higher in the ranks, but his game film from early in his senior season has been dominant, accelerating that rankings trajectory and pushing him into the Top247.

Penn State commit Liam Clifford (covered below) also debuted.

SEC COMMITS ON THE RISE

In addition to Calloway, Alabama had another commit move significantly as defensive end Monkell Goodwine rose 99 spots to No. 118 overall. New film was provided to 247Sports which showed him making impact plays in game situations. Goodwine is a high-level athlete with twitch and burst, and the film shows he is not just an upside guy, but is already being productive and impactful on the field.

LSU quarterback commit Garrett Nussmeier was impressive at the QB Collective event, earning him a move from No. 227 to No. 200 overall. There were several other heavily-recruited signal callers at that event, and the context of being able to see him alongside those players, some of them above him in the positional rankings, made us feel we needed to cut the gap some. Nussmeier has a smooth, fluid delivery and a consistent arm and we know he is not just a camp guy as he passed for nearly 3,788 yards and 38 touchdowns a year ago.

TOP UNCOMMITTED MOVER

Of the players who moved up, Tallahassee (Fla.) John Paul II Catholic safety Terrion Arnold made the biggest jump of any recruit yet to make a commitment. A combination of good off-season testing results, strong 7-on-7 performances, and an early season look at him against a Lakeland Christian squad that has talent on their roster all contributed to his rise.

BIG TEN COMMITS MAKE A JUMP

Michigan linebacker commit Junior Colson and Penn State wide receiver commit Liam Clifford both received bumps. Colson goes up 21 spots after an excellent start to his senior season. He is showing great athleticism at his size and uses that to change directions and run down plays. He has been very productive so far. Perhaps the greatest show of his physical talent though, was a 90-yard kickoff return for a touchdown which is something not many his size can do.

Clifford had a big debut on national television against Brownsburg (Ind.). That was the first time that wide of an audience had a chance to see what kind of an athlete he is. He has continued that though, against both Cincinnati LaSalle and Cincinnati Elder, two more excellent high school programs. When that production against that caliber of opponent was taken into account with previous athletic testing and film, it was difficult to keep him out of the Top247 any longer.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Welcome back, Halas. I was going back through some visitors from this time last year. Any sense in giving Brett Canis another look?

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/10084144/5f53c792b535ba0b3451dcc5

His uncle played OL for Texas, I think when Mackovic was the HC.  Brett is like 6'8", I'm not sure he moves well enough to play at this level. Definitely would be a project.