Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

27 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Let me help all of you out. It's a man-bun. He'll blame it on Covid, but he loves that fucking thing. 

Fucking knew it. 

A little weird for such a tough talker to be the Covid scaredy cat still afraid of getting a haircut 7 months in. 

Is he still wiping down his Amazon grocery delivery with Clorox wipes like it’s March? What a vag. 

Edited by GRHorn
  • Fuck You 3

19 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

To be clear, I’ve made fun of CTJ’s choice of language on a football board as well. You two actually do have a lot in common: arrogance, using language we have to google, and a history of  bold, but true, predictions.

i would like to take this time to apologize im a woo i can admit when i was wrong

i thought u were the opp who met ctj in real life but i have been informed it was @SydneyCarton

• Fuck You 1

6 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Welcome back, Halas. I was going back through some visitors from this time last year. Any sense in giving Brett Canis another look?

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/10084144/5f53c792b535ba0b3451dcc5

Sorry...tend to post less during football season. Don’t have the time.

i don’t see much there to get excited over. He’s a white Erick Cade. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yeah, Leyrer was the last guy on UT’s radar I thought was even worth a take, and missing on him sucked that much worse because of it.  Are you aware of any guys in state you think we should be looking at? 

Some will emerge but no one off the top of my head. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Couple things:

• Nahlin is suggesting that Mukuba is not currently a take for Clemson and the pendulum may be swinging back to Texas. Abridged, but: "If he had to choose today, Clemson wouldn't be an option"
  • Our very own @Fud has his ear to the streets and the LSU boards are not lighting up like they expect Cooks to commit or is currently a silent. He's said this before but they have decent insiders at TigerDroppings
  • Communication between Texas and Jaylon Williams has dropped off this past week and he's hearing from LSU and Georgia regularly. Eric posits that the LSU communication is good for Texas and Cooks

Also, incoming butthurtedness from 9.95ers with the Cooks/LSU flirtation. Absolutely none of them read the the leaves correctly because they thought this one was over months ago. Joe Cook is over there defending IT, "sounds like recruiting to me". Fuck off, Joe. If you had an inkling of an idea that he was open to other schools, you would have said something about it instead of TERRENCE COOKS IS THE MOST LIKELY NEXT COMMIT over and over and over and over and over again since December.

The Boston College kid?

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Let me help all of you out. It's a man-bun. He'll blame it on Covid, but he loves that fucking thing. 

Tobias-hair-plugs-arrested_400.jpg

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

Fucking knew it. 

A little weird for such a tough talker to be the Covid scaredy cat still afraid of getting a haircut 7 months in. 

Is he still wiping down his Amazon grocery delivery with Clorox wipes like it’s March? What a vag. 

tenor.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Halas said:

Can you post his Hudl? I can’t seem to find it. 

He looks to have good feet, but he seems pretty small and not particularly strong. Seems like a good interior guy. I personally like these kind of guys inside verses some of the slow, gentle giants that we seem to be going after. I don't see a future moving guys like Cade inside.

(Posted this to the Aggie thread.  It was a mistake.)

image.thumb.png.fec5edf49361db239b15c6bad00f9273.png

image.thumb.png.7dfdfd0b011ca4d1897ac01ea0957872.png

Horns 247 / Mike Roach / Mike at Night: Thoughts on a few upcoming decisions

Glizzy up.  Me likey.

Spoiler

Mike at Night: Thoughts on a few upcoming decisions

MikeRoach

—Terrence Cooks recently put on social media that he was close to making a decision. This isn't exactly a surprise since Cooks originally was aiming for an early October commitment. To be frank, there have been several times during the past few months we heard Cooks was close to a decision and I believe it would have been Texas at that point. I think Texas has been the front-runner since the spring, but the offer from LSU definitely shook things up. I believe the family is a bit split as one side is from the Baton Rouge area and they prefer the Tigers. As I've maintained, the relationship with Coleman Hutzler is very strong, and it's hard to see any other coach overcome that. It will likely come down what Cooks considers the most important factors in his recruitment. At this point, my pick is still on Texas, but the biggest thing the Longhorns will have to overcome is the perception that highly ranked players don't get developed in Austin.

—Nick spoke with Andrew Mukuba earlier today. He'll have a full story on Friday, but it sounds like Mukuba could be nearing a decision as well. This has been one of the hardest recruitments I've ever had to read, and the information around Mukuba has been a bit all over the place. While Mukuba claims a top four of Texas, Clemson, Missouri and LSU, I think this is truly a heads-up race between Texas and Clemson. Over the past month, I got the feeling that Clemson was opening up a bit of a lead, but lately, I think that Texas might have the momentum. Texas is the only school he's visited at this point, but he recently told Horns247 that he was prepared to make a decision regardless. The information coming out of his camp is pretty tight, and Mukuba isn't even divulging a lot to those closest to him. Nobody worked harder on this recruitment than Chris Ash and Mukuba has multiple factors pointing to him staying home. At this point, I'm going to lean towards Texas and the stock on the confidence meter is trending slightly up.

—I saw Texas commit Ishmael Ibraheem at practice today. I didn't get to see a ton because he had to leave early, but he looks to be in great shape heading into his senior season. He's even been able to put some weight on. Ibraheem told me schools are still after him but he's not even paying attention to them. He's locked into his commitment and he was happy with the way Texas played over the weekend.

—The dead period was extended until January 1 today. That officially puts an end to the hope of any visits in 2020. There's still a loophole for prospects to come to campuses for games. For years, the standing policy has been that any member of the Texas High School Coaches Association can request two tickets free of charge. That policy is still in place, and it's the reason Caleb Burton was able to attend last week with his father who is a head coach. I would expect recruits who want to visit to reach out to their coaches and ask if they can take them, but I'm not sure how widespread that will be. Of course, these prospects aren't allowed to have any face-to-face contact with Texas staff.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1