Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

4 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

As far as Cosmi, not Coach. 

Coach says: My first watch of this kid left me pretty underwhelmed, but I gave him him a second look to see if I still felt the same. After watching him a second time it wasn’t underwhelming as I remembered, but in my opinion he is going to be another project like the Zabie kid, but I’m not sure his ceiling is higher. He moves well, but he is also pretty light in the britches and is going to need to add some serious weight because he is probably around 250 pounds right now. On top of that he is going to need to get much stronger in the weight room as there isn’t much finishing to speak of on his film, which is worrisome to me. Doesn’t come from the lack of trying or effort, he’s just not strong enough yet. This is another case of where your offensive line coach better be worth his salt because I’m a little skittish of this take all things considered.

It's particularly strange for a coach, that the things that he keeps harping about - Cosmi's weight and strength - are exactly the attributes that can be addressed through a competent S/C/nutrition program.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

As far as Cosmi, not Coach. 

Coach says: My first watch of this kid left me pretty underwhelmed, but I gave him him a second look to see if I still felt the same. After watching him a second time it wasn’t underwhelming as I remembered, but in my opinion he is going to be another project like the Zabie kid, but I’m not sure his ceiling is higher. He moves well, but he is also pretty light in the britches and is going to need to add some serious weight because he is probably around 250 pounds right now. On top of that he is going to need to get much stronger in the weight room as there isn’t much finishing to speak of on his film, which is worrisome to me. Doesn’t come from the lack of trying or effort, he’s just not strong enough yet. This is another case of where your offensive line coach better be worth his salt because I’m a little skittish of this take all things considered.

Cosmi’s senior hudl wasn’t as good as it could have been because he was playing injured all season. But he got healthy around playoff time, and looked like a take for major programs

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, texifornia said:

OL can be so hard to project. Who expected Cosmi and Kerstetter would be great starters?

7 hours ago, Fud said:

Cosmi’s senior hudl wasn’t as good as it could have been because he was playing injured all season. But he got healthy around playoff time, and looked like a take for major programs

There were certainly rumbles about how good Cosmi could be when he committed. Fuddy is correct in that he was injured most of his senior year but healed towards then end and did a great job against Kelvin Chaisson in the playoffs. Kerstetter was the really pleasant surprise.

• Fuck You 1