Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

23 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I am shocked, shocked I tell you, you're already posting gloomily on the recruiting thread midway through a game.

Is 6:38 left in the game good enough?

Anyway, I hope this finally dispels the notion that Hand is worth his salt. Recruiting is bad, and the on-field product is bad.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Did you see OU and LSU? We have so much to pick on but a win is a win this week if we get it.

They're rushing three linemen (THREE LINEMEN) and they're getting pressure/sacks. OL still can't figure out how to block a simple stunt. A win is a win but the OL is getting waxed today.

• Hook 'Em 2

It was bad. The ol was bad. Okafor was fucking awful. But we scored 63 against a defense with talent at all 3 levels on the road. And it will get better.

The fucking defense was horribad. No pressure. We cannot be run on, but we cannot get pressure. Chris Ash owns today’s result. Fucking guy threw 50 times. Where the hell was Joe? Why wasn’t he schemed better matchups? Why was tackling a disaster? Nothing changed. It will get better.

We need help at receiver. They don’t trust the young guys at all. We’re going to need JoJo and/or Henry. Hope Earle doesn’t give the pirate a look.

Watching the aggy game. They look worse.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I thought the DL did well. There wasn’t much time for pressure most of the game.

Yeah, we were letting guys get open so fast that our rush didn’t have much time to get home and Ossai almost had two strip sacks. Our pass rush needs to be better, but the coverage was the biggest issue. It felt like Bowman got the ballot to an open man  in under 2 seconds every pass play. 

2 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I thought the DL did well. There wasn’t much time for pressure most of the game.

DL was fine, although Graham is still not doing much for the unit.

Most of the missed tackles today seemed to be from our LBs. Juwan Mitchell had a really, really bad game.

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

DL was fine, although Graham is still not doing much for the unit.

Most of the missed tackles today seemed to be from our LBs. Juwan Mitchell had a really, really bad game.

DL was excellent in the run game. Gotta give Overshown props if you're talking about LBs, from what I recall he played well.

Those two big receivers are real studs. Tough covers for anybody. I can't fault 6-foot DBs for having trouble with them. But I'd sure like to have seen better tackling overall. And special teams were a mixed bag, for sure. More bad mixed in than good, though. Clean it all up and we still have a chance to be very good. At least, once we start seeing way fewer reps for Okafor. He's flat out bad.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Mitchell and Okafor both played absolutely terrible.  Josh Thompson and Jalen Green got punked by Tech WRs ( who are pretty fucking good might I add).  

It was hilarious after that drive where Vasher and Digby were trading circus catches and the announcers were like "how good is Bowman?"

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

It was hilarious after that drive where Vasher and Digby were trading circus catches and the announcers were like "how good is Bowman?"

Fucking announcers blew Tech shaft for over 3 hours then were all deflated when Tech got dad-dicked by Ehlinger and Co. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 2