Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

8 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Gerry says there's growing confidence on Mukuba picking Texas in the building, but doesn't necessarily buy it at this point.

Charles Wright went and saw Mukuba play this past Friday and it sounds like Wright told Nahlin that Mukuba was going to Clemson. He commits this week. 

I'm sure it's going to come down to how he feels the morning before he makes the decision. He's torn and Texas has given him a lot to think about. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, NoName said:

dude literally got his first offer 2 days ago from UIW

also, i assume one of these is the "minute of tape" that was referenced?

here is a direct link to his HUDL, the highlight from his most recent game literally has 10 views as of when i am posting this

https://www.hudl.com/profile/13604082/Jelin-Samuels

Physically very impressive. Almost a Calais Campbell starter kit, but most of his highlights are him chasing people down from the backside. Would like to see him blowing up plays more on his own. 

32 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Physically very impressive. Almost a Calais Campbell starter kit, but most of his highlights are him chasing people down from the backside. Would like to see him blowing up plays more on his own. 

5x pro bowler and all pro selection with 89 sacks and career earnings of $120m plus - vs a dude who just got his first offer as a senior from Incarnate Word?

calm down colin jost GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, NoName said:

5x pro bowler and all pro selection with 89 sacks and career earnings of $120m plus - vs a dude who just got his first offer as a senior from Incarnate Word?

Yeah, that NFL dude is washed up. This guy is still in his prime. It's like comparing a marshmellow to a gazelle. 

3 hours ago, NoName said:

I mean if we’re going to compare unusual skill sets, at least I correctly picked the best ++ sized DE/DT player since Too Tall. 

Suchomel on Mukuba

"Yesterday I wrote a bit of a guess of a prediction on Texas due to him being torn, proximity, family, etc but today I'm going the other direction and I put in a FutureCast pick for Clemson. Close race down the stretch and Chris Ash/Tom Herman did a good job of getting UT back in the race after the Longhorns had fallen off under the previous defensive coaches, but I just don't think their efforts will be enough in the end. I hadn't put a FutureCast pick in for either team prior today, but went ahead and put one in for Clemson this morning."

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

Suchomel on Mukuba

"Yesterday I wrote a bit of a guess of a prediction on Texas due to him being torn, proximity, family, etc but today I'm going the other direction and I put in a FutureCast pick for Clemson. Close race down the stretch and Chris Ash/Tom Herman did a good job of getting UT back in the race after the Longhorns had fallen off under the previous defensive coaches, but I just don't think their efforts will be enough in the end. I hadn't put a FutureCast pick in for either team prior today, but went ahead and put one in for Clemson this morning."

Got Fong'd to Clemson...this one is over.

16 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Who does this remind you of ???  😂😂😂

Ok so I’ve never worn a gaiter but my son told me that when you talk it gets in your mouth and ends up getting wet so when you pull it down and back up you get moisture all over the place. Why do people wear those?

It'll be interesting to see if we take another DB in 2021, or pass so we can take six in the promising 2022 class 

Looking at year by year future depth chart, we don't need a 5th DB in this class to help out in 2022 unless more than one of the 2019 guys leaves early (I'd expect Adimora to, but if he doesn't, then great)- Watson, Crawford, Alford, Thompson, Owens(?), Bowman, Barron, and maybe Caldwell/Coffey/Ibra/Jamier probably gets the job done for the 2022 season

15 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

It seems like Mukuba never wanted to go to Texas. He and McCutchin seem to be sour on Texas. I would think McCutchin is in his hear about not going to Texas.

McCutchin fucking sucks. He's an ok talent with a diva's way outsized ego and sense of talent. I'm thrilled he isn't in our class, and I'm thrilled he's at OU.

As for Mukuba, if the guy is looking at draft performance and development, it's hard to blame him or anyone else who puts Texas behind the 8-ball for elite programs. I've got no ill-will at all towards his decision. Now, fuckfaces like Garrett Wilson that shit on everyone on their way out the door can get all kinds of fucked. But that isn't Mukuba.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2