Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

If sark has any contacts that know jj watt or deshaun Watson they need to have them reach out to camar, the Brock twins, and Bryce young immediately. I’m not sure if that’s even a viable option but it would be a hell of a good negative recruiting pitch lol. Listen kid this guy fucked my whole world up and your world is next on his list 😂

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

That Stan was staying on and not going to Jacksonville 

Drayton posted he was staying at Texas on Twitter. This was also well before Urban made the announcement he was going to be the head coach in Jacksonville. If they’re going to start a rumor, they should at least try to put some effort into it. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

Drayton posted he was staying at Texas on Twitter. This was also well before Urban made the announcement he was going to be the head coach in Jacksonville. If they’re going to start a rumor, they should at least try to put some effort into it. 

Not to mention..if someone was lying in this situation, it would be Drayton not Sark. But yeah seems like a dumb rumor in the first place

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

Um, if you just keep saying it and get a little louder each time, people will just accept it. That seems easier than looking for the truth. - A&M

14 hours ago, DoneWithit said:

You are right dumb rumor. Likely started on the Aggie board.

I present as exhibit (A) The historical linkage between dumb and Aggie.

3 minutes ago, crum said:

serious question: Is student visit a new thing or synonymous with an unofficial visit ?

They're not allowed to make contact with coaches on these visits because it's a dead period. I suppose the term "student visit" is used because it's analagous to what a normal prospective college student would do on a campus tour.

Edit: unofficial visits are what these athletes might be doing in normal circumstances around this time of year. Contact with coaches is allowed on those.

Edited by Machinator
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, oh_snap said:

LJ goes to the fucking aggiest of aggy high schools, I’m surprised he was in the convo this late... 

I went to high school there for a few years before moving and even the fucking colors are aggy. This was in the early 2000s and the coaches were pimping aggy over the horns.

6 minutes ago, Noozak said:

I went to high school there for a few years before moving and even the fucking colors are aggy. This was in the early 2000s and the coaches were pimping aggy over the horns.

Cy Fair is definitely the most aggy forward of all the CFISD schools. School colors, culture. There’s a complex of FFA barns behind the school. 

I remember playing away games there and you could hear them castrating pigs. So yeah, aggy as hell. 

• Haha 1

Aggie 247 / Brian Perroni / LJ Johnson update (Sunday evening)

Spoiler

LJ Johnson update (Sunday evening)

Brian Perroni

He made it to Aggieland this weekend and, from talking to a few people, things went well as he just continued to become comfortable with the school and players.

I have talked to several people today and somebody close to the recruitment told me that, though it could change, Johnson is set on enrolling somewhere this semester. And, though he technically has released a top-5, they confirmed what we have long said in that it is down to A&M and Texas.

The question, though, is timing. If he wants to enroll this semester, both A&M and Texas start classes on Tuesday. However, I was told that an announcement this coming week is not even a guarantee. Both schools have actually given him a pretty long window as to how late he can enroll. 'The end of the month' was the term used as to when they said enrollment could last until. It would take some wrangling with admissions but, with schedules being so crazy due to mostly online classes and the like, it seems there is a lot more leeway there then previously thought.

A lot of people close to Johnson feel like A&M is the team to beat and I hope to know even more tonight and in the morning. I believe there's a very good chance it will be A&M and he will be enrolled this semester. But, the timing is still up in the air. One person close to things and familiar with the timeline of both schools' academic calendars said they would actually be surprised if there was an announcement this week, though admitted that could change. That same person also said, though, that they expect Johnson in school at one of the two places this semester.

So, to recap, things look good for A&M but not a done deal, as some have asked. For whatever reason, a decision this week is still up in the air quite a bit as well. My guess would be that there should be official news on him one way or the other by this coming weekend.

• Hook 'Em 1