Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

7 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I realize we think the most insufferable fans are in College Station but as someone who spends a lot of time in the Chicago area I can honestly say Michigan fans are on another level. They are the most entitled mother fuckers of any sports team I have ever seen.  

If Ohio State didn’t exist I would agree

• Hook 'Em 9

7 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I have to assume you mean in college football - because anyone who has spent anytime in Chicago knows that Cubs fans are the most entitled and insufferable fans in this or any other world.

The Yankees fanbase says, "Get outta here!"

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I realize we think the most insufferable fans are in College Station but as someone who spends a lot of time in the Chicago area I can honestly say Michigan fans are on another level. They are the most entitled mother fuckers of any sports team I have ever seen.  

I doubt it takes long to call roll, but I’ve never encountered anything like USC fans. Give me Michigan or ATM over those guys any day. Ohio State wins on the dumbass trash factor, but as far as entitlement, USC over all of them. 

Yeah, I know I’m biased because I went to both schools, but Texas and Michigan are extremely similar with essentially the same fanbase. Picking out a subset and using them as representative of the whole could lead to other schools using OB as a baseline  for Texas fandom. They don’t keep up with us any more than we keep up with them. Roach is an insider because he covers Texas. If we didn’t know what a dipshit EJ was from past experience, we would consider him a Michigan insider. It’s the nature of casual association..

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Yeah, I know I’m biased because I went to both schools, but Texas and Michigan are extremely similar with essentially the same fanbase. Picking out a subset and using them as representative of the whole could lead to other schools using OB as a baseline  for Texas fandom. They don’t keep up with us any more than we keep up with them. Roach is an insider because he covers Texas. If we didn’t know what a dipshit EJ was from past experience, we would consider him a Michigan insider. It’s the nature of casual association..

User name half checks out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

This is so fucking stupid. Guess what, dipshits, it’s not tampering if a kid tells his family members he’s unhappy and thinking of leaving, and then a family member asks around and gauges interest. It’s also amazingly how someone on the network could hear about it before the actual school. Are they acting like third party communication and surrogates haven’t existed in college sports since, oh I dunno, the advent of college sports? What a bunch of butthurt little vaginal bitches. When your bitterness precludes you from exercising basic common sense take a step back, nimrods. 

On top of this....who would have ever guessed the school who the player is currently pissed at would be the last to know in said scenario. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Looks like it's happening. He immediately becomes the second highest ranked recruit of the 2021 class. See below, from Super K:

Spoiler

As you know by now, Texas is in pursuit of 2021 former Michigan WR signee (and a burner btw!), Xavier Worthy.

Worthy had signed with Michigan but for some reason was unable to enroll early and decided to request a release from his NLI.

Earlier this week, I had been told that Texas, Penn State, Ohio State and Ole Miss were some of the schools Xavier was considering.

However, yesterday, I spoke with a source close to Xavier, who tells me that Texas is the clear leader and it’s pretty much a done deal.

So my trending direction here is strongly…strongly…Texas.

Edited by SimkinsMan
  • Hook 'Em 9

8 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

Looks like it's happening. He immediately becomes the second highest ranked recruit of the 2021 class. See below, from Super K:

Hide contents

As you know by now, Texas is in pursuit of 2021 former Michigan WR signee (and a burner btw!), Xavier Worthy.

Worthy had signed with Michigan but for some reason was unable to enroll early and decided to request a release from his NLI.

Earlier this week, I had been told that Texas, Penn State, Ohio State and Ole Miss were some of the schools Xavier was considering.

However, yesterday, I spoke with a source close to Xavier, who tells me that Texas is the clear leader and it’s pretty much a done deal.

Sexy Jessica Alba GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

That Michigan insider bit is priceless. The entire premise of their tampering allegations is that they didn't know about it and that Roach did know before them. It couldn't be, I don't know, that maybe they aren't as plugged in as they thought? We suck at our job, Texas must be tampering. And I couldn't give fuck one of we are tampering but either way that is some solid $9.95ing.

USC might be more entitled and Ohio State might rival LSU fans in an IQ race to the bottom but I have yet to find the toxic combination of entitlement and self righteousness that the Chicago area Michigan fans have. Imagine the cuntiness of a Rice or Northwestern fan with the entitlement of the worst kind of Texas fan. And imagine the worst 1% of that toxic mix as the moderators of their fan sites. I hope we fucking tampered to get Worthy and I hope Sark drags his nuts all over their entire fan base in the process. 

3 hours ago, SimkinsMan said:

Reveal hidden contents

daniela-lopez-osorio-for-wurth-calender-

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, Newy25 said:

USC might be more entitled and Ohio State might rival LSU fans in an IQ race to the bottom but I have yet to find the toxic combination of entitlement and self righteousness that the Chicago area Michigan fans have. Imagine the cuntiness of a Rice or Northwestern fan with the entitlement of the worst kind of Texas fan. And imagine the worst 1% of that toxic mix as the moderators of their fan sites. I hope we fucking tampered to get Worthy and I hope Sark drags his nuts all over their entire fan base in the process. 

I’m a Rice fan, and I resemble that remark.

(and cunts are actually great fun)

IT

Spoiler

LB Morice Blackwell, Arlington Martin (2021) (TEXAS):

One of UT’s 2021 signees also advanced to regionals in track and field on Friday.

With a high jump of 5-8.0, Blackwell placed fourth and earned the right to advance. For a guy who has been committed to Texas since Mother’s Day 2020, it’s one of his final competitions before he heads to Austin.

“The new staff talks to me all the time,” said Blackwell. “They admire me and can’t wait for me to get down there. They’ve been sending me workouts, plays/formations, and are ready for me to get rolling.”

Blackwell is highly thought of among his Martin teammates, two of which are close to the Texas staff already in 2022 commit Trevell Johnson and 2023 target Javien Toviano. He likes to be the leader of his program.

“I just push them to their maximum potential,” Blackwell said. “I just want them to make the best decision possible. I want them to follow in my footsteps but be better than me. Keep thriving and continue becoming leaders for Martin.”

Blackwell says he’s set to move in May 28th. After his track and field season, his high school competition days will be complete. Next stop: ATX.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Something is happening at DT. With the offer to the Illinois State transfer and the potential for this kid. Either injury, attrition, or someone may not be qualifying.

I think they're just gathering potential options 

9 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Trouble with existing DT's on the roster would be new information. 

Pursuit of Ridgeway from the portal is one thing but if Texas actively pursues Evans as well (esp with numbers being VERY tight) I think you can assume attrition in some form for sure. 

24 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Something is happening at DT. With the offer to the Illinois State transfer and the potential for this kid. Either injury, attrition, or someone may not be qualifying.

Maybe it’s just that Coburn and Ojomo could be gone after this year and PK wants 5 DL he can play every game. If those guys leave, we’re down to Collins (one year after 2021), Sweat, Broughton (still has a ton of developing to do before he’s reliable) Myron Warren (done nothing so far), and GSW (not even a JAG yet). The guys we took in the 21 class are all very raw and/or will need to size up a good bit, so the staff is probably just looking for someone who could step in and play at a high level in 22. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Maybe it’s just that Coburn and Ojomo could be gone after this year and PK wants 5 DL he can play every game. If those guys leave, we’re down to Collins (one year after 2021), Sweat, Broughton (still has a ton of developing to do before he’s reliable) Myron Warren (done nothing so far), and GSW (not even a JAG yet). The guys we took in the 21 class are all very raw and/or will need to size up a good bit, so the staff is probably just looking for someone who could step in and play at a high level in 22. 

I agree with this...we lack good depth at the position. We've stacked up on outside a little with the new additions but we need to secure the middle more.

IT on spring game visitors

Spoiler

RECRUITING

CB Ishmael Ibraheem, Dallas Kimball (2021 signee): There might not be a kid more eager to see Austin than the four-star signee from the 2021 class.

DL Jordon Thomas, Port Arthur Memorial (2021 signee): If not for Ibraheem, Thomas takes the Most Excited to see ATX award. The staff will start him out at Jack but he’ll likely outgrow the position.

DL Barryn Sorrell, Holy Cross (New Orleans) (2021 signee): The three-star from NOLA tells IT he hasn’t been back to UT since a student trip right before NSD. Sorrell profiles to 3-tech in the PK defense.

If 2021 signee Morice Blackwell can get through his regional meet, he’s a maybe to attend.

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I agree with this...we lack good depth at the position. We've stacked up on outside a little with the new additions but we need to secure the middle more.

We are also adding 3 likely interior DL from the 2021 class in Sorrell, Thomas, and Murphy.

4 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Your mom is stacked and I secured her middle with good depth. 

• Hook 'Em 2