Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

On 8/28/2018 at 10:22 AM, closetojumping said:

On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the highest, I'd rate my expectations of landing Hayden Conner around -2. No data. Just feel like this is a boring, predictable movie I've been to before.

We've landed some outstanding Katy players, don't be such a pussy.

https://247sports.com/Player/Kyle-Porter-37371

On 8/28/2018 at 9:41 AM, golfclap said:

Ditto. Katy Taylor, you say?  Max Wright. Brandon Mowry. Cullen Gillaspia. Camron Horry. 

We've already been to this circus and seen the strings. 

Maybe that's why Conner doesn't have an offer. The circus is known to Herman and Co.

IT on the offer:

The 2021 Episcopal offensive lineman picked up a much deserved offer despite it being so early for him. He already projects to having ability at each position and is a solid mental eval. Texas will land some of the stellar 2021 OL, good chance Jackson is one of them. He camped at Texas in July.

They also say ATH Lyrik Rawls will visit for the Tulsa game.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/10637665/Lyrik-Rawls

More:

Also, don’t be shocked if 2021 Pleasant Grove 4* DE Landon Jackson gets an offer real soon. The 6-foot-5, 235-pound edge rusher is one of the best defensive linemen in the country.

Texas A&M, Notre Dame, and OU are already pushing. Texas is next. 

Edited by Machinator

On 4/22/2018 at 12:59 PM, Harvdog said:

I posepted this video on the other site.  I have known this kid since he was in 1st grade. He dream school is Texas and he p,has a position of need

http://www.hudl.com/profile/3356270/Tunmise-Adeleye

he received his first D1 offer this weekend from aggy.  I hope we look at this kid because he’s going to be a beast

Visiting for USC game.

On 4/22/2018 at 12:59 PM, Harvdog said:

I posepted this video on the other site.  I have known this kid since he was in 1st grade. He dream school is Texas and he p,has a position of need

http://www.hudl.com/profile/3356270/Tunmise-Adeleye

he received his first D1 offer this weekend from aggy.  I hope we look at this kid because he’s going to be a beast

Offered tonight.  Made it his pinned tweet.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd
  • Like 2

Quotes from 24/7:

Tunmise Adeleye, DL:
"Atmosphere was great in Austin tonight," said Katy (Texas) Tompkins 2021 defensive end Tunmise Adeleye. "I honestly just came to visit with Coach Giles and Coach Herman in order to build a stronger bond but I wasn’t expecting to walk away with an offer. I’m really thankful I would say that the highlight for me today was getting to talk to players in the locker room after the game in particular freshmen d-tackle Moro Ojomo since he came out of my district last year."

Bryce Foster, OT:
"The environment was amazing," the No. 6 offensive tackle in America from Katy (Texas) Taylor Bryce Foster said. "It was very loud and there was a record for attendance. The o-line was very dominate throughout the game. The highlights of the game, for me personally, was before the game. Whenever I was offered, I got to tell my childhood coaches, who are big fans of Texas, that I got offered and seeing them light up was such a surreal moment."

Donovan Jackson, OT:
"It was a amazing experience," the No. 3 offensive tackle in the land Donovan Jackson from Bellaire (Texas) Episcopal said. "I’ve never been to a game in Austin, but it was electric in the stadium. The highlights for me was the offensive lines ability to make the d-line quit."

Shadrach Banks, ATH:
"It was a good environment, the fans and students were amazing," the No. 1 athlete in the country Shadrach Banks from Houston (Texas) North Shore said.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, The_Orange_Dane said:

Quotes from 24/7:

Tunmise Adeleye, DL:
"Atmosphere was great in Austin tonight," said Katy (Texas) Tompkins 2021 defensive end Tunmise Adeleye. "I honestly just came to visit with Coach Giles and Coach Herman in order to build a stronger bond but I wasn’t expecting to walk away with an offer. I’m really thankful I would say that the highlight for me today was getting to talk to players in the locker room after the game in particular freshmen d-tackle Moro Ojomo since he came out of my district last year."

Bryce Foster, OT:
"The environment was amazing," the No. 6 offensive tackle in America from Katy (Texas) Taylor Bryce Foster said. "It was very loud and there was a record for attendance. The o-line was very dominate throughout the game. The highlights of the game, for me personally, was before the game. Whenever I was offered, I got to tell my childhood coaches, who are big fans of Texas, that I got offered and seeing them light up was such a surreal moment."

Donovan Jackson, OT:
"It was a amazing experience," the No. 3 offensive tackle in the land Donovan Jackson from Bellaire (Texas) Episcopal said. "I’ve never been to a game in Austin, but it was electric in the stadium. The highlights for me was the offensive lines ability to make the d-line quit."

Shadrach Banks, ATH:
"It was a good environment, the fans and students were amazing," the No. 1 athlete in the country Shadrach Banks from Houston (Texas) North Shore said.

Gotta' like that these OL guys see the difference Hand is making.

3 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

I'd be fine with Hand getting a lifetime contract here

You sound like the type of person that probably said the same thing about Manny Diaz 3 games into his first season. I'm impressed, but how about we start expecting a little more before we start handing out contracts like we're A&M.

• Like 7

Putting this quote here from Hayden Conner.  Said he watched every minute of the game.  Aggy game was going on a lot when Texas was playing.

OL Hayden Conner, Katy Taylor (2021) — “I watched every minute of it. The offensive line played great. It was awesome to see what Coach (Herb) Hand has done in such a short period of time. I’m really impressed.”

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

3 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Putting this quote here from Hayden Conner.  Said he watched every minute of the game.  Aggy game was going on a lot when Texas was playing.

OL Hayden Conner, Katy Taylor (2021) — “I watched every minute of it. The offensive line played great. It was awesome to see what Coach (Herb) Hand has done in such a short period of time. I’m really impressed.”

If we start pulling Katy Taylor kids, shit has well and truly flipped.