Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

8 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Not to be a dick, but you are using the Aggy fan recruiting posting handbook. It includes the following tried and true posts 

1. It’s not about stars, we just need to coach em up. 

2. Long way till signing day 

3. They’ll get theirs. There is enough for everyone 

4. This guy should be a 4 star. 

5.  Watch the tape. 

6.  Mod puts in Crystal Ball to Aggy (after the recruit says anything not negative about Aggy)

First of all, we re talking about a kid who just finished his junior year.  So we are still 1 year away from signing day.  May not be a long time to you or any other aggy but a-lot can change in a year.  1 year ago everyone on this board was sucking TH off and expecting us to be in the playoffs this year.  That didn’t happen.  Never brought up Stars with him.  I watch Tunmise and I think he lacks the explosion and his hips are too tight at the point of attack.  He also lacks the bend needed to be a solid pass rusher,  I don’t think he’s a 5 STAR.  I think he will end up inside in college.  I think he’s a high 4 STAR.  Can he help?  Yes.  If we can show progress on defense with the new system, it will open the eyes of a great class of DL in Texas for 2021.  Not just Tunmise but other players.  

I am the furthest thing from an aggy but if that makes you feel better to think that then so be it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harvdog said:

First of all, we re talking about a kid who just finished his junior year.  So we are still 1 year away from signing day.  May not be a long time to you or any other aggy but a-lot can change in a year.  1 year ago everyone on this board was sucking TH off and expecting us to be in the playoffs this year.  That didn’t happen.  Never brought up Stars with him.  I watch Tunmise and I think he lacks the explosion and his hips are too tight at the point of attack.  He also lacks the bend needed to be a solid pass rusher,  I don’t think he’s a 5 STAR.  I think he will end up inside in college.  I think he’s a high 4 STAR.  Can he help?  Yes.  If we can show progress on defense with the new system, it will open the eyes of a great class of DL in Texas for 2021.  Not just Tunmise but other players.  

I am the furthest thing from an aggy but if that makes you feel better to think that then so be it. 

So you watched the tape?

12 hours ago, Harvdog said:

He's best suited for 3-tech, imo 

29 minutes ago, Fud said:

He's best suited for 3-tech, imo 

I think an absolute dream haul 4-man front would be Sanders and Jackson at DE's and Adeleye and Burris at DT's.  At this point in time the other 3 outside of Sanders don't look likely.  Hopefully that changes with a couple of them. 

Guys like Jordon Thomas and Shemar Turner would be pretty good gets as well.  

Clayton Smith is listed as an OLB, but think he played DE this past season.

4 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I think an absolute dream haul 4-man front would be Sanders and Jackson at DE's and Adeleye and Burris at DT's.  At this point in time the other 3 outside of Sanders don't look likely.  Hopefully that changes with a couple of them. 

Guys like Jordon Thomas and Shemar Turner would be pretty good gets as well.  

Clayton Smith is listed as an OLB, but think he played DE this past season.

I've kind of tuned out of 2021, but it seems like Jackson does have legitimate interest in Texas (and also LSU and A&M), while Burris has minimal

Adeleye seems like a more talented version of Princely. Not a recruitment I'll bring myself to care too much about

Right now, I'm mostly concerned about closing on Collins, who is probably the best DL in 2020/2021, including Broughton and Jackson 

2 minutes ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

Didn't Perroni report last week that Davis has no interest in A&M?

The car has been backed up into the DFW and the trunk has been popped, full of cash, for 2021. Jimbo can’t risk 9-3 and boredom in year 3, and he won’t. 

Hell, it’s probably true in Houston too. Look at the Tunmise Adeyele recruitment as evidence. Harvdog himself has told us he wants to play for a winner, and then the guy immediately named ATM in his top 6. Right. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Look at the Tunmise Adeyele recruitment as evidence. Harvdog himself has told us he wants to play for a winner, and then the guy immediately named ATM in his top 6. Right. 

Harv misunderstood. Tunmise actually said he wanted to play for a "weiner." Jimbo fits the bill.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The car has been backed up into the DFW and the trunk has been popped, full of cash, for 2021. Jimbo can’t risk 9-3 and boredom in year 3, and he won’t. 

Hell, it’s probably true in Houston too. Look at the Tunmise Adeyele recruitment as evidence. Harvdog himself has told us he wants to play for a winner, and then the guy immediately named ATM in his top 6. Right. 

Yep.  Because every kid in the internet generation wants to play for a team that doesn’t win.  🙄. As CTJ would say, every kid who doesn’t choose Texas is getting paid and the checks will be cashed.  

I posted about him when I saw him play in the 8th grade.  But let’s not concern ourselves with that.  His first offer was aTm so ,maybe, just maybe that meant something to the kid?  He won’t end up there but that doesn’t matter to your narrative. 

Edited by Harvdog
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

Yep.  Because every kid in the internet generation wants to play for a team that doesn’t win.  🙄. As CTJ would say, every kid who doesn’t choose Texas is getting paid and the checks will be cashed.  

I posted about him when I saw him play in the 8th grade.  But let’s not concern ourselves with that.  His first offer was aTm so ,maybe, just maybe that meant something to the kid?  He won’t end up there but that doesn’t matter to your narrative. 

You are either going to recalibrate your settings on this site or I am going to be overwhelmed by the entertainment over the next year. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Hey Tunmise, how bout' thay 4-man DL performance?

Landon Jackso take notice what Ossai did.

That was a dominant defense tonight against the #11 team in the nation. If that doesn’t get you excited about what we will do in the next few years, then you aren’t ready to play at Texas. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harvdog said:

That was a dominant defense tonight against the #11 team in the nation. If that doesn’t get you excited about what we will do in the next few years, then you aren’t ready to play at Texas. 

That’s what I said last year. 

Hopefully we will have better coaching in 2020.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2019 at 10:53 PM, closetojumping said:

@GRHorn 

If you think I’m counting out one Preston Ellsworth Stone then you’re highly mistaken.

Also, I’ve never missed on a player evaluation. Especially one that I spent at least 8 minutes on, watching Hudl tape. 

• Like 1

On 1/1/2020 at 10:32 AM, ClubWhatever said:

Tommy used “they” when talking about Texas.  Doomed. 

Yeah, I’m not on board with everyone here thinking they are 100%. I’m hoping we at least have a coin flip chance at them.  
Too bad the Brockermeyers aren’t to Texas like the Matthews are to aggy or they would have committed last summer. 

29 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

Yeah, I’m not on board with everyone here thinking they are 100%. I’m hoping we at least have a coin flip chance at them.  
Too bad the Brockermeyers aren’t to Texas like the Matthews are to aggy or they would have committed last summer. 

The Brockermeyers will sign with Texas. It would take some sort of monumental fuck-up for that to go any other direction. If you want to make it fun, we can place a bet on it. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The Brockermeyers will sign with Texas. It would take some sort of monumental fuck-up for that to go any other direction. If you want to make it fun, we can place a bet on it. 

Just now, EZ$ said:

I hope they do, but I don’t bet on coin flips. 

Username is ironic.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, EZ$ said:

I hope they do, but I don’t bet on coin flips. 

I'll give you odds. You're being a pussy about this one. I want to make a point. If they sign elsewhere, I'll write a paean to your recruiting wisdom and post it on this thread and upvote every post I see from you for a year. If they sign with Texas, you just have to change your avatar to an image of my choosing. What do you say?

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I'll give you odds. You're being a pussy about this one. I want to make a point. If they sign elsewhere, I'll write a paean to your recruiting wisdom and post it on this thread and upvote every post I see from you for a year. If they sign with Texas, you just have to change your avatar to an image of my choosing. What do you say?

1. I’m not changing Nacho. 

2. I’m not a recruiting expert, but just don’t like the smell of this one.  Hopefully I am being a pussy.

I hope you are right, but I just feel if you are a blue chip legacy and have a brother already on the team, what’s the holdup?  Why not be a “bell cow”?  It’s not like he’d be the first to commit from his class.  Wants to take visits to see the country?? Come on. 

16 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

2. I’m not a recruiting expert, but just don’t like the smell of this one.  Hopefully I am being a pussy.

I hope you are right, but I just feel if you are a blue chip legacy and have a brother already on the team, what’s the holdup?  Why not be a “bell cow”?  It’s not like he’d be the first to commit from his class.  Wants to take visits to see the country?? Come on. 

IIRC Herman was a little slow to offer James

12 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

I think they're attempting to understand just what in the fuck is happening at Texas, and that's reasonable. The other schools they're considering seriously have issues as well. Clemson isn't exactly churning out 1st rounders to the pros on the OL. Bama is a mercenary school and how long Saban wants to stick around is becoming more and more relevant with each class signed. 

4 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Greg*

"You will learn your best lessons from the worst people."

LotusHorn outing me as Greg Davis. Christ. 

• Like 3