Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

13 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Yeah but he hedged with a convenient “unless there’s a monumental fuckup” since the definition of that would be this.  

I'm happy defining it if you want to place a bet, ClubWhatever. Whatever someone wants to say about me, at least I'm accountable. I wasn't hedging. I think we can reasonably agree that fucking up a camp invite, insulting the father, or going less than 11-3 next season would count as monumental fuck-ups for landing these guys. 

Blake Brockermeyer has a low opinion of Tom Herman and thinks he could do Herb Hand's job better than him, quelle surprise! He'd also like to see his sons graduate from UT and be part of big things at his alma mater. So the bet here from this end is that Herman can stop stepping on his dick long enough to make them feel confident in what's going on while putting together a big season. If the Brocks don't give him time to do that, I'll be shocked.

If they commit this spring to someone else, while I won't be able to blame them, I certainly won't be cheering for them or their dad from here. Blake Brockermeyer whined and bitched about the oldest boy not being on scholarship. He whined about the delayed offer to James. Herman addressed both of those things. Now he's whining that he doesn't know where Texas is headed. So he's pondering allowing his sons to head off to a school that either:

1) doesn't produce highly drafted NFL offensive lineman, like, ever or

2) hates this fucking state and uses its players only so far as it needs them and may or may not give the players a piece of toilet paper they can call a degree on the way out and has a low, weak track record of producing quality OLs for the pros as well. Look it up. LSU has had 6 OLs drafted in the last 12 drafts, a 2nd rounder, a 3rd rounder and the rest in latter rounds. As many guys as they've put in the pros, damned near none of them have been on the OL and none have been impact players. 

So if the Brocks head elsewhere to one of those choices, they're fucking idiots. I don't think they're idiots, but I'm proven wrong daily on a lot of stuff, so who knows?

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Oh. So you know someone? Sounds official!

But see I know the dad. Big Brockermeyer. He wanted his kids to go to Lake Travis for the superior education and the general superior lifestyle in the area. Well, I was sitting in Hank's office. (I call him Hank but that's Coach Carter to the rest of you) when Blake and Tommy and the other one all walked into Hank's office. I had to move to the corner since there was so little room. And I swear to you in walked Dabo! Fresh off the victory over OSU and Dabo couldnt stay long since his mother was waiting in the car, told Tommy and the other one that he would take their commitment right here, right now and he promised Tommy the starting left tackle on the team on the spot! He then went on, while mother was waiting in the car, to say that Tommy would be the best tackle on the team right now! And i couldn't control myself and let out a "YES! I KNEW IT!" Tommy and the other one turned and looked at me. Dabo never broke eye contact, as his mother was getting impatient at this point. Tommy and the other one committed silently. As in they nodded their heads and didnt actually say anything but Dabo by god said "That's good enough for me!" and he ran out the door to his mom who was waiting in the car. So on my way out, Tom Herman fresh off the Alamo bowl massacre (too soon?) pops in and tells Tommy and the other one that they are the most important left tackle recruit he has ever talked to in his whole career! And he told them that Tommy is better than #52 right now and would walk in as the starter to Texas. I yelled out "MOTHERFUCKER! I knew i was right!!!!" Tom smiled at me briefly and then said that they would probably move #52 over to guard or something but he wasnt worried about it. He just wanted the B Bros to know that Tommy had a starting job right now and the other one certainly had a full something waiting for him as well! Well the B Bros thought about it and Tommy said Im sorry coach but I silently committed to Clemson. Tom nodded in disbelief and slammed a G2 on the way out to the Landing Strip to meet up with old friends...

Edited by Longhorn94

Those dudes have talked about taking ten combined OVs together, so I don't think they're in any hurry to make a decision. Hopefully they bond with the 2021 Texas class and start recruiting for Texas behind the scenes leading up to the season. 

7 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

But see I know the dad. Big Brockermeyer. He wanted his kids to go to Lake Travis for the superior education and the general superior lifestyle in the area. Well, I was sitting in Hank's office. (I call him Hank but that's Coach Carter to the rest of you) when Blake and Tommy and the other one all walked into Hank's office. I had to move to the corner since there was so little room. And I swear to you in walked Dabo! Fresh off the victory over OSU and Dabo couldnt stay long since his mother was waiting in the car, told Tommy and the other one that he would take their commitment right here, right now and he promised Tommy the starting left tackle on the team on the spot! He then went on, while mother was waiting in the car, to say that Tommy would be the best tackle on the team right now! And i couldn't control myself and let out a "YES! I KNEW IT!" Tommy and the other one turned and looked at me. Dabo never broke eye contact, as his mother was getting impatient at this point. Tommy and the other one committed silently. As in they nodded their heads and didnt actually say anything but Dabo by god said "That's good enough for me!" and he ran out the door to his mom who was waiting in the car. So on my way out, Tom Herman fresh off the Alamo bowl massacre (too soon?) pops in and tells Tommy and the other one that they are the most important left tackle recruit he has ever talked to in his whole career! And he told them that Tommy is better than #52 right now and would walk in as the starter to Texas. I yelled out "MOTHERFUCKER! I knew i was right!!!!" Tom smiled at me briefly and then said that they would probably move #52 over to guard or something but he wasnt worried about it. He just wanted the B Bros to know that Tommy had a starting job right now and the other one certainly had a full something waiting for him as well! Well the B Bros thought about it and Tommy said Im sorry coach but I silently committed to Clemson. Tom nodded in disbelief and slammed a G2 on the way out to the Landing Strip to meet up with old friends...

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

2) hates this fucking state and uses its players only so far as it needs them and may or may not give the players a piece of toilet paper they can call a degree on the way out and has a low, weak track record of producing quality OLs for the pros as well. Look it up. LSU has had 6 OLs drafted in the last 12 drafts, a 2nd rounder, a 3rd rounder and the rest in latter rounds. As many guys as they've put in the pros, damned near none of them have been on the OL and none have been impact players.

Coach O's LSU program has always felt like a strange cultural choice for a pair of white suburban DFW private school kids. The degree from there being, if anything, even less worthwhile than a Clemson one also seems like a bad idea.

16 hours ago, closetojumping said:

He’s a fucking leech on society and the kind of shitbag that is ruining college football at a breakneck pace.

a bit hyperbolic given he makes peanuts in comparison to the hordes of old ass white men profiting hand over fist off college football and basketball

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pacman said:

a bit hyperbolic given he makes peanuts in comparison to the hordes of old ass white men profiting hand over fist off college football and basketball

Do you think street agents or the ever-evil omnipresence of "old ass white men" is ruining college football and basketball? I can help you out on the answer - the "old ass white dudes" have been there the whole time. The street agent game, and the corruption spurred with them by the shoe companies, is what you're attempting to defend in a sideways manner here. That's really helpful for what my original purpose in that post was, so congrats.

Also, and I don't mean to intervene if you're looking to do your own political grandstanding or racebaiting, which seems pretty clearly to be where you're headed, but yeah, there are a lot more folks involved with the power center of college sports these days than "old ass white dudes". It's a common plaintive trope, but a relatively unintelligent, uncreative blunt object to lash out with these days, but yeah, man, use what you have at your disposal, I guess. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Do you think street agents or the ever-evil omnipresence of "old ass white men" is ruining college football and basketball? I can help you out on the answer - the "old ass white dudes" have been there the whole time. The street agent game, and the corruption spurred with them by the shoe companies, is what you're attempting to defend in a sideways manner here. That's really helpful for what my original purpose in that post was, so congrats.

Also, and I don't mean to intervene if you're looking to do your own political grandstanding or racebaiting, which seems pretty clearly to be where you're headed, but yeah, there are a lot more folks involved with the power center of college sports these days than "old ass white dudes". It's a common plaintive trope, but a relatively unintelligent, uncreative blunt object to lash out with these days, but yeah, man, use what you have at your disposal, I guess

you always argue like a sassy ass woman on this site, beginning to wonder about  your gender

just seems odd to target him, or even street agents arguing over peanuts, when the larger issue is the piles of cash being horded by people at the top of the food chain in AMATEUR sports

Edited by pacman

Just now, pacman said:

you always argue like a sassy ass woman on this site, beginning to wonder about  your gender

no doubt it isn't good for the game, but you have gone much larger and well beyond my scope as I hardly defend any practice or street agent.

just seems odd to target him, or even street agents arguing over peanuts, when the larger issue is the piles of cash being horded by people at the top of the food chain in AMATEUR sports

Bitching about monolithic regimes seems worthless on a recruiting thread. Bitching about specific agitators for recruiting, who are also antagonistic towards Texas? Sure, sign me and what appears to be the rest of the board up. Neither makes much of a difference but the latter is more entertaining and cathartic, or people wouldn't be a prone to it.

Regarding my gender and stuff, it's lame, much like dividing things along racial lines. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pacman said:

Sure, talking gender is lame but no more than your style, "so congrats". Not many here need to prop themselves up in posts like that either but you do consistently. Just a curious observation.

I don’t really understand this post. One observation I can offer is that giving me pointers on my posting style is going to bear a lot of fruit. 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I'm happy defining it if you want to place a bet, ClubWhatever. Whatever someone wants to say about me, at least I'm accountable. I wasn't hedging. I think we can reasonably agree that fucking up a camp invite, insulting the father, or going less than 11-3 next season would count as monumental fuck-ups for landing these guys. 

Did you ever do that foot race before the LSU game?

51 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Did you ever do that foot race before the LSU game?

No. If someone wants to get real about it and organize something for the fall, I’ll commit to a date. That didn’t happen this fall, I don’t remember who wanted to do it, and I’ve been busy. I haven’t thought about it, really. 

I’ll gladly do it, but I’m not going to own the fucking planning responsibilities. This is your way of calling me out for being accountable? 

12 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

He’s ignored every reference to it. 

Some of you guys are fucking ridiculous. I don’t even know when it’s been referenced. I don’t owe you shit and you don’t pay me for my time. Fuck off with this kind of entitled nonsense. 

18 minutes ago, closetojumping said:
37 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Some of you guys are fucking ridiculous. I don’t even know when it’s been referenced. I don’t owe you shit and you don’t pay me for my time. Fuck off with this kind of entitled nonsense. 

Hell yeah I’m ridiculous. This is the one place in my life where I don’t have to act like I have a stick up my ass. I hope you have a place too, because it sure as hell is not here.

46 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

No. If someone wants to get real about it and organize something for the fall, I’ll commit to a date. That didn’t happen this fall, I don’t remember who wanted to do it, and I’ve been busy. I haven’t thought about it, really. 

I’ll gladly do it, but I’m not going to own the fucking planning responsibilities. This is your way of calling me out for being accountable? 

Hey, you were the one making a new claim, bringing up your accountability. That’s just the first thing that popped in my mind.

I remembered it because the thought of a 40 something Rico going for glory  resonated with me. That and I wanted a funny story after the disappointment of the LSU game. 

Maybe someone here will “check the receipts”. 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Fuck it.  I’ll race you.  You pick a home game date in the fall.  If you win I owe you a 750 of jw blue.  If I win, Sydney has to write me a whimsical love letter.

• Haha 2

Just now, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

Fuck it.  I’ll race you.  You pick a home game date in the fall.  If you win I owe you a 750 of jw blue.  If I win, Sydney has to write me a whimsical love letter.

Dangerous game, dude. Whimsical love letter can be fairly subjective. I’m thinking something along the lines of John Hinckley Jr.’s love letter to Jodie Foster. Or I can channel my inner Chris Benoit. 

• Haha 4

58 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Dangerous game, dude. Whimsical love letter can be fairly subjective. I’m thinking something along the lines of John Hinckley Jr.’s love letter to Jodie Foster. Or I can channel my inner Chris Benoit. 

I never said the bottle would be full either.  Regardless, the challenge has been made.  You can film us a-la-case.

4 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

I never said the bottle would be full either.  Regardless, the challenge has been made.  You can film us a-la-case.

Sydney can’t film it. His fat ass fingers will fuck it up.

Besides, he’ll be too busy waving a towel like maniac a la Jack Haley to CTJ’s Dennis Rodman. 

• Haha 2