Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

33 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Sydney can’t film it. His fat ass fingers will fuck it up.

Besides, he’ll be too busy waving a towel like maniac a la Jack Haley to CTJ’s Dennis Rodman. 

If you don’t think I’m tying his shoelaces together before the race I don’t know what to tell you. I can be almost as petty as he is, sir. 

7 hours ago, Longhorn94 said:

But see I know the dad. Big Brockermeyer. He wanted his kids to go to Lake Travis for the superior education and the general superior lifestyle in the area. Well, I was sitting in Hank's office. (I call him Hank but that's Coach Carter to the rest of you) when Blake and Tommy and the other one all walked into Hank's office. I had to move to the corner since there was so little room. And I swear to you in walked Dabo! Fresh off the victory over OSU and Dabo couldnt stay long since his mother was waiting in the car, told Tommy and the other one that he would take their commitment right here, right now and he promised Tommy the starting left tackle on the team on the spot! He then went on, while mother was waiting in the car, to say that Tommy would be the best tackle on the team right now! And i couldn't control myself and let out a "YES! I KNEW IT!" Tommy and the other one turned and looked at me. Dabo never broke eye contact, as his mother was getting impatient at this point. Tommy and the other one committed silently. As in they nodded their heads and didnt actually say anything but Dabo by god said "That's good enough for me!" and he ran out the door to his mom who was waiting in the car. So on my way out, Tom Herman fresh off the Alamo bowl massacre (too soon?) pops in and tells Tommy and the other one that they are the most important left tackle recruit he has ever talked to in his whole career! And he told them that Tommy is better than #52 right now and would walk in as the starter to Texas. I yelled out "MOTHERFUCKER! I knew i was right!!!!" Tom smiled at me briefly and then said that they would probably move #52 over to guard or something but he wasnt worried about it. He just wanted the B Bros to know that Tommy had a starting job right now and the other one certainly had a full something waiting for him as well! Well the B Bros thought about it and Tommy said Im sorry coach but I silently committed to Clemson. Tom nodded in disbelief and slammed a G2 on the way out to the Landing Strip to meet up with old friends...

Painfully unfunny. Brevity is the soul of wit. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ShowMeALoss said:

Looks like Tunmise's interest in Texas is piquing because if the 4-man front. He has a lot of Texas stuff on his twitter feed.

CTJ will tell you it’s all bullshit and he’s just playing the fan base. He just wants another article for his social media so what ever Mike Craven said is fake news. Forget that he didn’t want to play in a 3 man front. Forget that he prefers the 4 man front. Forget that Landon Jackson felt the same way and so did Collins and Princely. Forget that we had zero pass rush in 2019 until we moved the ends out of the 3i and changed to a 4 man front and put Ossai up near the line. That’s all CNN.....Fake news. Forget that he’s coming to visit this month to meet with Chris Ash. Forget that his best friend is committed to Texas. Forget it all. It’s all a 16 year old who’s trying to play games. 🙄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harvdog said:

CTJ will tell you it’s all bullshit and he’s just playing the fan base. He just wants another article for his social media so what ever Mike Craven said is fake news. Forget that he didn’t want to play in a 3 man front. Forget that he prefers the 4 man front. Forget that Landon Jackson felt the same way and so did Collins and Princely. Forget that we had zero pass rush in 2019 until we moved the ends out of the 3i and changed to a 4 man front and put Ossai up near the line. That’s all CNN.....Fake news. Forget that he’s coming to visit this month to meet with Chris Ash. Forget that his best friend is committed to Texas. Forget it all. It’s all a 16 year old who’s trying to play games. 🙄

Yeah but toons favorite at the moment, Bama runs a Three man front too 

2 hours ago, Thiefery said:

Yeah but toons favorite at the moment, Bama runs a Three man front too 

But the end is out of the 5 not the 4I. Roach hated playing the 4I and once he moved against TT got all kinds of pressure.  All I know if most of the high recruits want to play a 4 man front.  All the other schools (aggy, OU, OSU) have used it against us in recruiting. We play one game out of a 4 man front and get 5 sacks against a Top 15 ranked team.  That opens eyes. 

9 hours ago, ShowMeALoss said:

Looks like Tunmise's interest in Texas is piquing because if the 4-man front. He has a lot of Texas stuff on his twitter feed.

Profile pic is him in Texas uniform and background pic is him with Milroe, Sanders, Bowman, and Carrington from a game this past year.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Harvdog said:

I’ve never gotten caught up in the stupidity of the 3 man vs 4 man discussion. It’s focusing on a symptom and not an illness. It’s also like trying to surmise intent from an idiotic 16 year old with whom your kid is butt buddies.

Anyway, whoever has the fattest wallet open is going to get a great player with narcissistic tendencies on social media. I’d be all for that being Texas, but I suspect they’re not going to be as comfortable as they need to be with being brazen enough for sweet, young Tunmise. 

9 hours ago, campcrunk said:

I am so beyond sold on Milroe as the future of the program. What a beast. He's going to do amazing things at TEXAS.

Before the Milroe hype gets going, he does need to work on his passing consistency. He's got a huge arm and spins the ball well, but right now he's closer to Mond at passing than someone like Card. Word is his football and off the field character are off the charts, so I'm bullish on him getting there, and if he does become a significantly better passer, I think we're looking at someone like Mariota. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Harvdog said:

Two of his best friends are committed to Texas. Didn't the 4 Katy kids all grow up together?

5 minutes ago, Fud said:

Before the Milroe hype gets going, he does need to work on his passing consistency. He's got a huge arm and spins the ball well, but right now he's closer to Mond at passing than someone like Card. Word is his football and off the field character are off the charts, so I'm bullish on him getting there, and if he does become a significantly better passer, I think we're looking at someone like Mariota. 

Mond wasn't even a 60% in high school at the Florida AS academy.

8 minutes ago, Fud said:

giphy.gif

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Fud said:

I don’t think he’s Mond-level bad. At least not HS Mond. He completed 66% of his passes this year.  Maybe he and Mond are similar right now. Either way, he has a really clean throwing motion and a big arm. I haven’t watched his junior tape yet, but most of his sophomore inaccuracies were due to his front foot being too open, instead of closed towards the receiver, which is an easily fixable issue. His clips from the AA game were a lot better EE front foot. I’m pretty optimistic that his junior tape will show the same. 

That combined with his work ethic also makes me bullish on him. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I don’t think he’s Mond-level bad. At least not HS Mond. He completed 66% of his passes this year.  Maybe he and Mond are similar right now. Either way, he has a really clean throwing motion and a big arm. I haven’t watched his junior tape yet, but most of his sophomore inaccuracies were due to his front foot being too open, instead of closed towards the receiver, which is an easily fixable issue. His clips from the AA game were a lot better EE front foot. I’m pretty optimistic that his junior tape will show the same. 

have you checked out the hudl link above? granted is only highlights but is from his junior year

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I'm leery of just looking at comp % after Roschon hit about 70% with a 10+ YPA his junior year, and I've heard that he was pretty far away from being a consistent passer this year from some who coached against him or watched him in full games. He makes the flashy throws, he can really run, and he physically looks great, but his just not an accurate QB yet. He might get there eventually (I'd probably bet on it), but he's not there at this point. 

• Like 1

Just now, Fud said:

I'm leery of just looking at comp % after Roschon hit about 70% with a 10+ YPA his junior year, and I've heard that he was pretty far away from being a consistent passer this year from some who coached against him or watched him in full games. He makes the flashy throws, he can really run, and he physically looks great, but his just not an accurate QB yet. He might get there eventually (I'd probably bet on it), but he's not there at this point. 

I’d agree with that from watching opposing players‘ hudls from his sophomore year. I just don’t think he’s Mond-level bad. And like you pointed out, being a great runner who can probably get up to about 220 in college with a strong arm will lessen the need for accuracy to be great at the college level. 

2 minutes ago, westexhorn said:

have you checked out the hudl link above? granted is only highlights but is from his junior year

Not yet but will soon. Like Fud pointed out, I think his highlights and lowlights are probably pretty drastic at this point, so I also plan to check out some opposing team hudls. 

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

Not yet but will soon. Like Fud pointed out, I think his highlights and lowlights are probably pretty drastic at this point, so I also plan to check out some opposing team hudls. 

Ooo boy a whole offseason of Shippensburg and KatyISD games? You live the high life.

(I kid, I like the analysis)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Ooo boy a whole offseason of Shippensburg and KatyISD games? You live the high life.

(I kid, I like the analysis)

Lol. Both of those will take a total of a few hours, but I am a football junkie. If I could care less I would, but it’s pretty much all or nothing for me. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cdain3 said:

Speaking of St. Milroe

2019 highlights

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/3931633/5e0d7c6232dced09a8042112

Sick

Two things stand out:

1. He seems really patient when the play breaks down, does a good job of moving in the pocket and keeps his eyes up to make plays with his arm instead of his feet. I was expecting him to take off running more but the few times he did run, he looked awfully good.

2. At about the 7:15 mark there is an old bald dude in the stands around the 10 yard line who throws an excellent mini fit as the receiver crosses the goal line.

5 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Two things stand out:

1. He seems really patient when the play breaks down, does a good job of moving in the pocket and keeps his eyes up to make plays with his arm instead of his feet. I was expecting him to take off running more but the few times he did run, he looked awfully good.

2. At about the 7:15 mark there is an old bald dude in the stands around the 10 yard line who throws an excellent mini fit as the receiver crosses the goal line.

Agree. He seems to look to throw first. 

7 hours ago, Harvdog said:

Don't forget if they don't like Texas they have their hand out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

To think I once wavered from the church of St. Milroe and though Preston Stone might be better (months before Milroe committed). Thank god the Lord has shown me the light and set me on the path of the true prophet, St. Milroe.

Blasphemy, sir. Glad St. Milroe showed you the light.