Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

21 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Meh this is why I continue to support getting OOS kids. 

what a false choice this is, like it has to be one or the other. And let’s not pretend that most of the time we have to go out of state we’re chasing inferior athletes/players. For every Jake Smith or Bijan Robinson, we’re typically losing 3-4 high 4 or 5 star Texas kids to other schools EACH CLASS. Almost all of which are out of state. Look at all the first round draft picks from Texas this past season that went everywhere but UT. “This is why I support out of state recruiting.” Well no shit. Might as well say “this is why I support getting the best players.” Which, generally speaking and with a few exceptions each class, we are NOT doing. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Stellar DL haul to great DL haul. Meh. And he’s flippable with a season. Oeaux is trying to get as many to shut it down as he can before they trot out Myles Brennan.

I’m not sure he’ll circle back considering the class we’re putting together on the edge. It sucks but anyone counting him in the calculator before today was snorting lines of sunshine off the ass cheeks of eCheese and Katy Agnor while rpongetti fluffs the ghost of Cdt23. 

at the end of the day LSU is putting the screws to the top talent because they can. Kids need to reserve their spot. They can change their mind later if they want, but for now they’d be stupid not to reserve their seat before they get full up. We need to have a great season and pistol whip LSU in the process. Have some guys project high. Period. 

a biggest fundamental problem for Texas at this point is the negative, negative view that nfl scouts and team place on our league. We have players that stick in the nfl as undrafted FA’s but we aren’t getting any benefit of the doubt yet. Maybe Brandon Jones was a start but that’s one guy. it’s a real problem, and the window to change that is short. 

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Jackson to LSU hurts aggy way more than us.  We have Sanders and Harris ( he's going to be an edge rusher ), real good chance we get Smith and Thomas.  It was always a bit on the unrealistic side that we'd get all of Sanders, Harris, Smith, Jackson, and Thomas.

IDK what DT is going to look like, maybe go all out for Turner?  And who knows what Burris does ( probably aggy ).

I wouldn't mind seeing a push for the recent offer from Louisiana.  Looks pretty good and probably grows into an interior player.

https://247sports.com/player/byron-turner-jr-46083930/

The worry isn't that Jackson's a DL recruit. It's that this is now becoming a trend.

3 minutes ago, satyanash said:

The worry isn't that Jackson's a DL recruit. It's that this is now becoming a trend.

Texas has Sanders and is in the lead for Thomas and probably Turner as well. Sure we wanted Jackson but this isn’t some kind of death sentence. I’d be worried a lot more about WR recruiting than DL at the moment

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, satyanash said:

The worry is it’s a trend? You of all people, with your orgasmic need to masturbate exclusively with your own tears as lube, knows that losing stud kids OOS isn’t a new trend. It’s been a decade in the making. This one is at a position where we are still looking strong. As another poster said, why don’t you switch to WR hand wringing since that makes sense in this class. 

• Like 3

Just now, markstanco said:
2 hours ago, OB3 said:
Jackson just committed to LSU

He was never going to Texas anyhow. Herman is trash and put 3 guys in the league. Same number of players as Memphis and Oregon state. Yes oregon state who wins like 3 games a year.

You and sataya should scissor each other..on broken glass

• Like 4

1 minute ago, markstanco said:
2 hours ago, OB3 said:

He was never going to Texas anyhow. Herman is trash and put 3 guys in the league. Same number of players as Memphis and Oregon state. Yes oregon state who wins like 3 games a year.

Texifornia's mental midget post was directed at this type poster. 

• Like 1

Just now, markstanco said:
8 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Oh so you think dipshit can herman can flip him? Lol.

And stop you and sataya from hogging the magic wand at the news of jackson going to LSU??  nope.

1 minute ago, markstanco said:
8 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Oh so you think dipshit can herman can flip him? Lol.

Your post was almost on the mental midget scale of Virginia.  

Herman hasn't had a single recruiting class that was draft eligible at Texas yet. You should be blaming Strong for the lack of draft picks. You might have a point after next year. 

Also, Texas hasn't had many draft picks for years and they continue to pull in highly ranked recruiting classes. The idea recruits aren't coming to Texas because of the lack of draft picks is historically incorrect. It might hurt with some but Texas is still going to land highly ranked recruits. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, satyanash said:

It should give you at least some pause when you're keeping company with Wells and Ketchum (Eek!).  You're like much of the media; you're a terrific reporter but a lousy editorialist.

24 minutes ago, markstanco said:
3 hours ago, OB3 said:

Tom/charlie would be putting a lot more in the league if they could land more of the best Texas talent. Unless you guys think prospects like okudah and claisson would have failed here. 

Lol at this thread getting Stanco’d. Depending on the day im as guilty as anyone here.  But it doesn’t change the fact he’s one of the flat out rock stupidest motherfuckers on the board. Vic Mackey level double digit IQ goon. I mean, christ, pick your favorite idiot quote. Mark Twain, George Carlin. I mean fuck he’s dumb. Shame on you fuckers for taking the bait. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

a biggest fundamental problem for Texas at this point is the negative, negative view that nfl scouts and team place on our league. We have players that stick in the nfl as undrafted FA’s but we aren’t getting any benefit of the doubt yet. Maybe Brandon Jones was a start but that’s one guy. it’s a real problem, and the window to change that is short. 

That should hopefully start to change next draft since that's Hermans first real class. This draft was a kick in the balls with all the players in the 1st two rounds that would have gone to Texas under a better coaching staff. Unless of course we shit the bed and get to start this shit all over again, or maybe college football is just cancelled.

Edited by Michael Knight

6 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

We can shit on who is left to add to this class, but the actual class is...really really good. I’m certainly worried about wr, and it would be nice to have elite offensive linemen, but the DL group could be pretty historic for Texas. Love Milroe and Conner. It’s going to be a good class.

LB haul looks promising as well. 

Not sure how the board will feel with a Mukuba/Coffey combination at Safety.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

5 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

We can shit on who is left to add to this class, but the actual class is...really really good. I’m certainly worried about wr, and it would be nice to have elite offensive linemen, but the DL group could be pretty historic for Texas. Love Milroe and Conner. It’s going to be a good class.

I pay less attention to recruiting these days. Every now and then I check in and I’ve noticed there’s a meltdown every year around the same time here. And then later we sign a top 10 class. Rinse and repeat.

19 minutes ago, thepop said:

I pay less attention to recruiting these days. Every now and then I check in and I’ve noticed there’s a meltdown every year around the same time here. And then later we sign a top 10 class. Rinse and repeat.

Not a fan of the push to 1000.

• Like 1

Your post was almost on the mental midget scale of Virginia.  
Herman hasn't had a single recruiting class that was draft eligible at Texas yet.

Mental midget. Thats funny. Your excuse of dipsit strong is noted. Now do herman and Ogeron on player development. I'll hang up and listen.

The 18 year old kids are seeing this.
  • Fuck You 1