Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

12 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Mental midget. Thats funny. Your excuse of dipsit strong is noted. Now do herman and Ogeron on player development. I'll hang up and listen.

The 18 year old kids are seeing this.

LSU is always going to have pull with recruits. 

Your argument is not unique to development. LSU was landing top recruiting classes for years while Les Miles underachieved. If "development" had a huge impact on recruits how does Texas continue to land top 10 recruiting classes? 

Bottom line is some schools have advantages over other schools in recruiting. LSU and Texas are two of those schools. LSU will always pull some big names as will Texas. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

Your argument is not unique to development. LSU was landing top recruiting classes for years while Les Miles underachieved. If "development" had a huge impact on recruits how does Texas continue to land top 10 recruiting classes? 
Bottom line is some schools have advantages over other schools in recruiting. LSU and Texas are two of those schools. LSU will always pull some big names as will Texas. 

When les was at lsu and mack was at texas compare recruiting classes. Do it, and post results. 247 goes back past VY.
  • Fuck You 1

55 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Fat Hamm on Texags and Roach both said Bama' and Georgia were recruiting King hard the last few weeks and really wanted him.

King must have been very responsive to the "you'd never want to play in the SEC. It's too darn competitive and the players are just so good. You'd be much better off in our JV conference" sales pitch that is being deployed across the country by all non-SEC teams right now.

tenor.gif

• Like 1

Just now, markstanco said:
10 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

When les was at lsu and mack was at texas compare recruiting classes. Do it, and post results. 247 goes back past VY.

Hard pass. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, markstanco said:

Mental midget. Thats funny. Your excuse of dipsit strong is noted. Now do herman and Ogeron on player development. I'll hang up and listen.

The 18 year old kids are seeing this.

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

Thats awesome! So jackson will be in Austin next year?

No.

200.gif

6 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Rumors, currently without substance, are that Camar Wheaton has chosen and is informing coaches of a decision. 

- Random 247 Texas poster says that the OU board has a post that Wheaton is committing soon. I did a quick scan and didn't see it, and of course 247 doesn't have the search function

- Roach says that Wheaton is informing some schools that they're out, and that Texas hasn't been informed

- Idiot poster on OBs who struggles to post coherently posts something about smoke that Wheaton could be committing to Texas soon, per the two points mentioned above 

The original post on the OU board, if it exists, would be useful here. Otherwise, this is just reinforcing what we already know; Texas is in the top group for Wheaton 

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Rumors, currently without substance, are that Camar Wheaton has chosen and is informing coaches of a decision. 

I took it as he hasn’t made a decision where he’s going just where he is not going and informing those coaches bet we see a top 3 of us, OU and SMU in the near future

- Random 247 Texas poster says that the OU board has a post that Wheaton is committing soon. I did a quick scan and didn't see it, and of course 247 doesn't have the search function
- Roach says that Wheaton is informing some schools that they're out, and that Texas hasn't been informed
- Idiot poster on OBs who struggles to post coherently posts something about smoke that Wheaton could be committing to Texas soon, per the two points mentioned above 
The original post on the OU board, if it exists, would be useful here. Otherwise, this is just reinforcing what we already know; Texas is in the top group for Wheaton 
Just a random Sooner asking a question was all I could find054f2248501a89ce79b70da19cd5abd8.jpg

2 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Just a random Sooner asking a question was all I could find054f2248501a89ce79b70da19cd5abd8.jpg

Yeah, using common sense that commit and Boulware tweet are 99% for King. Would love for Wheaton to be a next guy off the board for us. That would be as fabulous as Wheaton is, to be frank. But I think the OU twits keep forgetting that Boulware is our TE coach, not our RB coach...

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Here is the post on tigerdroppings for the reasoning:

what I was told today by a member of his family was he was tired of all the phone calls, text messages and mail that he receives and is ready to shut it down and that it was LSU...even told his parents of his decision...like I said this is just what I was told.

can you imagine the TexAgs meltdown and the hate his mom is going to get over there?

17 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Hope coaching losses of Aranda and Joe Brady result in a big decline in gameday results for Cajun Cookie Monster.

Going through a divorce won't be fun for him either...

Well yea, that and losing 14 players to the NFL draft.  Special Ed is making the smart move by locking in talent now before the year. Will be interesting if TX were to have a bangout year  and circle back on some of these players though.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, satyanash said:

He left us out of his Top 11, didn't he? Was that before or after we offered?

They were close enough together to where I don't think it means much right now; still up in the air to see how interested both parties are in each other 

Have some fun with this:

With all the smarts of Surly recruitniks, iyo what are the positions that are most important to sign top players for the 2021 class??

Rank 1-10 from most to least..

(Positions: QB, RB, TE, WR, OL, DE, DT, LB, CB, S)

Personally, I lean more towards strengthening the O-Line, D-Line and LBs as fastest way to get Texas back to playing in the CFB Playoffs.

11 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Have some fun with this:

With all the smarts of Surly recruitniks, iyo what are the positions that are most important to sign top players for the 2021 class??

Personally, I lean more towards strengthening the O-Line, D-Line and LBs as fastest way to get Texas back to playing in the CFB Playoffs.

OL - Brockermeyer's will be the difference on how this haul looks, absolutely have to get.

LB - Need to get the type of LB's we are now aiming for.

DL - Specifically pass rushers.

I would have said CB, but if we get Barron that changes the outlook on it.  

WR needs a couple studs as well.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:
  • OL - Brockermeyer's will be the difference on how this haul looks, absolutely have to get.
  • LB - Need to get the type of LB's we are now aiming for.
  • DL - Specifically pass rushers.

I would have said CB, but if we get Barron that changes the outlook on it.  

WR needs a couple studs as well.

Great stuff.  Guess another 2021 Recruiting Class "position importance factor" has to weigh the losses due to graduation/EE NFL Guys too.  

So guessing DBs will probably be a critical 2021 position too...

Edited by LTtxfan

26 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Have some fun with this:

Front seven + O-line. We should take up to 5 D-linemen if we can since 2021 is so strong there, and three LBs depending on who grows into a defensive end and who doesn't.

No idea what's going to happen with O-line... I guess we'll see who we can land before talking numbers.

18 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Have some fun with this:

DE - We haven't been recruiting edge rushers, must load up with elite talent

WR - In 2 years, we'll need bodies. I'd prefer to have RS-FR over true FR and right now we are setting up for WR2-5 to be jags

CB - This moves down the list if Barron commits, but not very far. Thin here and at safety.

LB - Obviously, but can be compensated for with great DL play which I think we saw we are capable of against Utah. Best crop of interested guys in a while also helps. 

OL - This will be a great haul, Brocks included or not. It's a deep class of interested guys. Elite? Maybe not, but close. With the 

S - Thin, will need to land an elite traits guy in 2022 

RB - RB room looks good, if we hit Wheaton, great. If not, okay fine. Spend the spot on defense

TE - Young group already, King is a great addition.

DT - We have...plenty of these

QB - Love Milroe, but with Card before and Ewers after, we are not in a position of need here. 

4 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

WR - In 2 years, we'll need bodies. I'd prefer to have RS-FR over true FR and right now we are setting up for WR2-5 to be jags

CB - This moves down the list if Barron commits, but not very far. Thin here and at safety.

LB - Obviously, but can be compensated for with great DL play which I think we saw we are capable of against Utah. Best crop of interested guys in a while also helps. 

OL - This will be a great haul, Brocks included or not. It's a deep class of interested guys. Elite? Maybe not, but close. With the 

RB - RB room looks good, if we hit Wheaton, great. If not, okay fine. Spend the spot on defense

QB - Love Milroe, but with Card before and Ewers after, we are not in a position of need here. 

^^^Great Comments @Ricky's one-hitter

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

In a worst case scenario, Brocks decide not to play and attend the best University in the world and go to backward ass Bama...

Who would the staff jump on? And who do you think they would actually close on realistically? I've heard the name of Walden and Miller out of AZ a bunch of times, but I never felt that we would land them.  I'm thinking it's probably Fatheree and Wykoff?

Just now, Thiefery said:

In a worst case scenario, Brocks decide not to play and attend the best University in the world and go to backward ass Bama...

Who would the staff jump on? And who do you think they would actually close on realistically? I've heard the name of Walden and Miller out of AZ a bunch of times, but I never felt that we would land them.  I'm thinking it's probably Fatheree and Wykoff?

Conner, Wykoff, Miller or Walden (would guess Walden), maybe Lehrer as the Cosmi/Willams take, Tristan Bounds' tape is nuts and I think he's probably underrated due to region and competition, and Byrd isn't off the table yet. Neither is Foster. D-Jack may also still be flippable with a good season. If the Brocks don't come, I think Walden and Wykoff jump in. If not Walden, then maybe Lehrer. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Dude, you didn't just put the cart before the horse on that one. You put it before the horse, strapped a rocket to it, and sent that cart into the next state. 

At this point Ewers, no matter how he grew up, is about as far from a lock as you can get. 

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Dude, you didn't just put the cart before the horse on that one. You put it before the horse, strapped a rocket to it, and sent that cart into the next state. 

At this point Ewers, no matter how he grew up, is about as far from a lock as you can get. 

I mean, fine. Point stands. We need a QB in this class to compete to be Card's backup/push Card, but this class (probably) does not need to produce a starter. 

12 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

^^^Great Comments @Ricky's one-hitter

I'm here as well. Without the Brocks, this isn't going to sniff being a great class, and it might not sniff being a "Good" class. The Arizona kid is fine, but lets not conflate the fact that it is a banner year at O-Line in Texas and it will be a banner year for Texas. The Brocks make or break it, unless something else DRASTICALLY changes between now and the fall, and that doesn't look likely. Byrd is trending far away from Texas. Jackson is committed to Ohio State. Foster seems destined for OU currently.  If we don't land the brocks, this position for this class becomes a big ole' fat, stinky, turd. It won't just be a shit class, it will be a wildly shit class considering the talent that was available in Texas and us basically whiffing on every one of them. 

Someone tell me how this OL class will be great without the Brocks, Savion Byrd, Bryce Foster, and Donovan Jackson, please. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Conner, Wykoff, Miller or Walden (would guess Walden), maybe Lehrer as the Cosmi/Willams take, Tristan Bounds' tape is nuts and I think he's probably underrated due to region and competition, and Byrd isn't off the table yet. Neither is Foster. D-Jack may also still be flippable with a good season. If the Brocks don't come, I think Walden and Wykoff jump in. If not Walden, then maybe Lehrer. 

That is a lot of fucking sunshine being taken for granted, and a lot of real, real positive assumptions for some generally 3 star talents like Wykoff. You're bordering on some Aggy "diamonds in the rough" levels of delusion in here, my man. And pulling these uncut gems from places like Connecticut? Yeah, I'll take the field on this one. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm here as well. Without the Brocks, this isn't going to sniff being a great class, and it might not sniff being a "Good" class. The Arizona kid is fine, but lets not conflate the fact that it is a banner year at O-Line in Texas and it will be a banner year for Texas. The Brocks make or break it, unless something else DRASTICALLY changes between now and the fall, and that doesn't look likely. Byrd is trending far away from Texas. Jackson is committed to Ohio State. Foster seems destined for OU currently.  If we don't land the brocks, this position for this class becomes a big ole' fat, stinky, turd. It won't just be a shit class, it will be a wildly shit class considering the talent that was available in Texas and us basically whiffing on every one of them. 

Someone tell me how this OL class will be great without the Brocks, Savion Byrd, Bryce Foster, and Donovan Jackson, please. 

Well then you and CTJ, being surlys 1%ers, better go out and start handing out bags and doing a reunion party for Blake to jar up some old nostalgia