Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

14 minutes ago, Fud said:

Updated ESPN 2021 TX Rankings. Shedeur Sanders is a weird way to spell Terrance Cooks

2) Tommy Brockermeyer
18) Savion Byrd
40) Tunmise Adeleye
41) Shedeur Sanders
42) Camar Wheaton
49) Ja'Tavion Sanders
56) Sawyer Robertson
62) Garrett Nussmeier
70) JoJo Earle
75) Landon Jackson
76) Billy Bowman
81) Jaeden Roberts
83) Donovan Jackson
84) LJ Jackson
92) Clayton Smith
97) James Brockermeyer
99) Shadrach Banks
105) J.Michael Sturdivant
111) Jalen Milroe
114) Ishmael Ibraheem
120) Preston Stone
121) Cody Jackson
135) Marcus Burris
136) Bryson Green
146) Bryce Foster
153) Dametrious Crownover
157) Reuben Fatheree
161) Jerand Bradley
177) Kendrick Blackshire
181) Quadarius Davis
188) Derrick Harris Jr
192) Ketron Jackson
195) Andrew Mukuba
198) Behren Morton
199) JD Coffey
208) Jacob Rodriguez
216) Dematrius Davis
217) Theodore Knox
218) Hunter Washington
220) Jordon Thomas
226) Latrell McCutchin
232) Eli Stowers
245) Shemar Turner
254) Hayden Conner
268) Blaine Green
280) David Abiara
295) Morice Blackwell

www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/playerrankings/_/view/rn300

Mukuba entering the ESPN 300 just in time to boost his composite to a 4* to commit to Texas.  

Do want Blackwell.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fud said:

Updated ESPN 2021 TX Rankings. Shedeur Sanders is a weird way to spell Terrance Cooks

2) Tommy Brockermeyer
18) Savion Byrd
40) Tunmise Adeleye
41) Shedeur Sanders
42) Camar Wheaton
49) Ja'Tavion Sanders
56) Sawyer Robertson
62) Garrett Nussmeier
70) JoJo Earle
75) Landon Jackson
76) Billy Bowman
81) Jaeden Roberts
83) Donovan Jackson
84) LJ Jackson
92) Clayton Smith
97) James Brockermeyer
99) Shadrach Banks
111) Jalen Milroe
114) Ishmael Ibraheem
120) Preston Stone
121) Cody Jackson
135) Marcus Burris
136) Bryson Green
146) Bryce Foster
157) Reuben Fatheree
161) Jerand Bradley
177) Kendrick Blackshire
181) Quadarius Davis
188) Derrick Harris Jr
192) Ketron Jackson
195) Andrew Mukuba
198) Behren Morton
199) JD Coffey
208) Jacob Rodriguez
216) Dematrius Davis
217) Theodore Knox
218) Hunter Washington
220) Jordon Thomas
226) Latrell McCutchin
232) Eli Stowers
245) Shemar Turner
254) Hayden Conner
268) Blaine Green
280) David Abiara
295) Morice Blackwell

Curious that we never offered this J. Michael Sturdivant kid. His list of top-7 suggests he's at least entertaining the idea of playing school in college

On 4/27/2020 at 10:34 AM, golfclap said:

I'm good with it, but I'm a big Mukuba fan and I think it's highly possible that he ends up top 15 in the state, deservedly.

He just entered the ESPN 300 at #195 overall and #32 in the state, which is highest rating now on the 3 sites.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

30 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Curious that we never offered this J. Michael Sturdivant kid. His list of top-7 suggests he's at least entertaining the idea of playing school in college

I think he’s OU, unless LSU wants him to go with his QB, Nussmeier 

3 hours ago, satyanash said:

this is shaping up to be a brutal loss. And of course, it's another DFW recruitment.

What loss isn’t brutal to you?

1 hour ago, Fud said:

2) Tommy Brockermeyer
18) Savion Byrd
40) Tunmise Adeleye
41) Shedeur Sanders
42) Camar Wheaton
49) Ja'Tavion Sanders
56) Sawyer Robertson
62) Garrett Nussmeier
70) JoJo Earle
75) Landon Jackson
76) Billy Bowman
81) Jaeden Roberts
83) Donovan Jackson
84) LJ Jackson
92) Clayton Smith
97) James Brockermeyer
99) Shadrach Banks
111) Jalen Milroe
114) Ishmael Ibraheem
120) Preston Stone
121) Cody Jackson
135) Marcus Burris
136) Bryson Green
146) Bryce Foster
157) Reuben Fatheree
161) Jerand Bradley
177) Kendrick Blackshire
181) Quadarius Davis
188) Derrick Harris Jr
192) Ketron Jackson
195) Andrew Mukuba
198) Behren Morton
199) JD Coffey
208) Jacob Rodriguez
216) Dematrius Davis
217) Theodore Knox
218) Hunter Washington
220) Jordon Thomas
226) Latrell McCutchin
232) Eli Stowers
245) Shemar Turner
254) Hayden Conner
268) Blaine Green
280) David Abiara
295) Morice Blackwell

ESPN just shamelessly propping up Deion’s kid. Robertson is way too high too. 

3 hours ago, NoName said:

i mean, yes it would suck.

but is it really "brutal" to lose the #855 composite player in the Country/#118 in Texas (#116 in TX per 247 alone)?

edit: didn't see who posted it, my bad.

1) It's April. That's not going to be his final ranking, you and I both know that.

2) We need two or three LBs this class. Actual LBs, not spin-down guys. Texas (the state) isn't exactly overflowing with them, and it's obvious ASU did a much better job relationship-building here than our staff did, which is how we've lost out on DFW kids before. If we can't out-recruit Arizona State for a SOC kid who had us as his dream school, who exactly are we going to out-recruit for his replacement? Morice Blackwell, another DFW kid? Terrance Cooks, who has a much stronger offer list?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

34 minutes ago, satyanash said:

1) It's April. That's not going to be his final ranking, you and I both know that.

2) We need two or three LBs this class. Actual LBs, not spin-down guys. Texas (the state) isn't exactly overflowing with them, and it's obvious ASU did a much better job relationship-building here than our staff did, which is how we've lost out on DFW kids before. If we can't out-recruit Arizona State for a SOC kid who had us as his dream school, who exactly are we going to out-recruit for his replacement? Morice Blackwell, another DFW kid? Terrance Cooks, who has a much stronger offer list?

We are witnessing peak satya

(Also Cooks is exactly the kind of kid that Texas does well with - academic family, from Houston, not obsessed with Stanford)

(Also also you know Williams plays DE for SOC, right? He's a spin-up guy in a weird way)

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, satyanash said:

If we can't out-recruit Arizona State for a SOC kid who had us as his dream school, who exactly are we going to out-recruit for his replacement?

Great question ... why would any kid aspiring to play in the NFL some day listen to a couple of has been defensive hacks .. one a LB .. like Edwards and Pierce.

Makes no sense ...

Edited by VirginiaLonghorn
Clarity for the idiots.

15 minutes ago, satyanash said:

7 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Great question ... why would any kid aspiring to play in the NFL some day listen to a couple of has been defensive hacks .. one a LB?

Makes no sense ...

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Ricky's one-hitter
  • Like 7

The guys who I think have an argument for being in the top ten in the state, in no particular order

Tommy Brockermeyer

Donovan Jackson

Savion Byrd

Bryce Foster

JoJo Earle

Quay Davis

Shadrach Banks

LJ Johnson

Camar Wheaton

Ja'Tavion Sanders

Landon Jackson

Tunmise Adeleye

Terrence Cooks

Billy Bowman

Ishmael Ibraheem

That's 15. If I was trying to make a top ten ranking, the first ones I'd drop would probably be Foster, Davis, and then maybe the running backs or Byrd. I like Milroe the most of the in-state QBs for college and there might be five of them I'd consider in the teens, but the top ten is too loaded for me to think of any of them as being top ten types. I think Nahlin said that Thomas might be a top ten or fifteen guy in the state, but there's no junior hudl for me to watch to justify including him, but sounds like he'd be a high quality add. Aside from the QBs and Thomas, I think Sturdivant, Hayden Conner, and El Arroyo are probably up next; I'm probably higher on those three than most. 

5 minutes ago, Fud said:

The guys who I think have an argument for being in the top ten in the state, in no particular order

Tommy Brockermeyer

Donovan Jackson

Savion Byrd

Bryce Foster

JoJo Earle

Quay Davis

Shadrach Banks

LJ Johnson

Camar Wheaton

Ja'Tavion Sanders

Landon Jackson

Tunmise Adeleye

Terrence Cooks

Billy Bowman

Ishmael Ibraheem

That's 15. If I was trying to make a top ten ranking, the first ones I'd drop would probably be Foster, Davis, and then maybe the running backs or Byrd. I like Milroe the most of the in-state QBs for college and there might be five of them I'd consider in the teens, but the top ten is too loaded for me to think of any of them as being top ten types. I think Nahlin said that Thomas might be a top ten or fifteen guy in the state, but there's no junior hudl for me to watch to justify including him, but sounds like he'd be a high quality add. Aside from the QBs and Thomas, I think Sturdivant, Hayden Conner, and El Arroyo are probably up next; I'm probably higher on those three than most. 

Drop Byrd, Foster, Davis, Banks (who is looking more like a linebacker every day), and.....errrr......maybe Cooks. I love Cooks, but he wouldn't provide top 10 value to every school because he would be misutilized. I could also be talked into swapping Foster with Ibraheem because the strength is so rare. Balance and technique can be improved. I know you like Conner more than Foster, but with the right coaching, I think Foster catches up as an interior lineman. 

16 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Drop Byrd, Foster, Davis, Banks (who is looking more like a linebacker every day), and.....errrr......maybe Cooks. I love Cooks, but he wouldn't provide top 10 value to every school because he would be misutilized. I could also be talked into swapping Foster with Ibraheem because the strength is so rare. Balance and technique can be improved. I know you like Conner more than Foster, but with the right coaching, I think Foster catches up as an interior lineman. 

It’s probably not the majority opinion at this point, but I still love Banks as an offensive weapon. I’m hoping someone (besides OU) takes his cousin and flips him from A&M

Cooks is some projection, but linebackers who can run and cover are valuable 

Foster is a tape/hudl vs camp/measurables/other sports guy. I’m splitting the difference and having him as a ten-fifteen guy 

Edited by Fud

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

It’s probably not the majority opinion at this point, but I still love Davis as an offensive weapon. I’m hoping someone (besides OU) takes his cousin and flips him from A&M

Cooks is some projection, but linebackers who can run and cover are valuable 

Foster is a tape/hudl vs camp/measurables/other sports guy. I’m splitting the difference and having him as a ten-fifteen guy 

Dametrius? Or Did you mean Banks?

32 minutes ago, Fud said:

Tommy Brockermeyer

Donovan Jackson

Savion Byrd

Bryce Foster

JoJo Earle

Quay Davis

Shadrach Banks

LJ Johnson

Camar Wheaton

Ja'Tavion Sanders

Landon Jackson

Tunmise Adeleye

Terrence Cooks

Billy Bowman

Ishmael Ibraheem

How do you justify having Byrd that high when he has no junior film at offensive line?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fud said:

Tommy Brockermeyer

Donovan Jackson

Savion Byrd

Bryce Foster

JoJo Earle

Quay Davis

Shadrach Banks

LJ Johnson

Camar Wheaton

Ja'Tavion Sanders

Landon Jackson

Tunmise Adeleye

Terrence Cooks

Billy Bowman

Ishmael Ibraheem

Good notes. IMG recruits should count as FL cruits IMO. A player should not benefit from leaving the state. Out of your top list, I like.

Ja'Tavion

LJ

Tommy

Billy

JoJo

Donavon as a Guard

Foster as a Guard

I'd drop Camar, Davis, Byrd, Ibraheem, Banks, Jackson & Cooks into the next tier. 

8 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Holy crap, I just watched the 1st highlight from Andrew Jones film. Please commit to Texas. I guess he would be Williams replacement. 

Yep, he's a take. No offer yet from LSU, but does have Georgia 

4 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Anwar is reporting that Tarik Black will be competing with Eagles at X, no mention of anyone else.

That tells me Smith and Washington are moving to Z and Whit and Moore are competing at slot. Yurch's preferred skill-sets coming into focus. 

Kennedy Lewis will beat out Washington

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Anwar is reporting that Tarik Black will be competing with Eagles at X, no mention of anyone else.

That tells me Smith and Washington are moving to Z and Whit and Moore are competing at slot. Yurch's preferred skill-sets coming into focus. 

Black at X and Eagles at Z wouldn't surprise me

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

Black at X and Eagles at Z wouldn't surprise me

I think that was the collective assumption, but he's saying they're moving Eagles to X and Black will compete with Eagles for the starting job. I buy that as a "spread the speed around" move, especially if they can package size and speed situationally. Eagles has both, but posting up isn't really apart of his game. Either way, it's a clearer path to getting Smith and Whit on the field at the same time. 

• Like 4