Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

24 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Tell that to our OL targets. Because all blOU and co. have to do is shove these three numbers in front of their faces.

36 sacks allowed (2019)

28 sacks allowed (2018)

34 sacks allowed (2017)

to be fair, 27 of those 36 sacks happened in the OU game.

• Haha 2

Blake’s gotta still be butthurt that Herman told the truth and slow played James.  He won’t admit that he was wrong because Dabo did the exact same shit.  He’s too prideful.  Get on the train or get the fuck out Blake.  Stop being a fucking Judas!  Help get us back to where we need to fucking be!  I don’t understand why this is even a question.  It’s vexing and irritating.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Blake’s gotta still be butthurt that Herman told the truth and slow played James.  He won’t admit that he was wrong because Dabo did the exact same shit.  He’s too prideful.  Get on the train or get the fuck out Blake.  Stop being a fucking Judas!  Help get us back to where we need to fucking be!  I don’t understand why this is even a question.  It’s vexing and irritating.

To add on, Bama' didn't even offer James until earlier this year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

To add on, Bama' didn't even offer James until earlier this year.

Right, we seem to be playing the "look we'll do anything for you" route by not offering guys that might compete with James, but the powerhouses are just recruiting along like they usually do.

39 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

What did Tom say specifically?

Carl busting out breaking info that has been known on this thread for months. I mean, FFS CTJ has been gone for how long? The Brocks original plan was to commit in July. It's part of why anyone talking about them "waiting to see how Texas improves" was nonsense.They've been Bama-bound since having Blake's feelings hurt and getting the grudging ok from Kristy. This isn't even new information on this fucking thread. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Carl busting out breaking info that has been known on this thread for months. I mean, FFS CTJ has been gone for how long? The Brocks original plan was to commit in July. It's part of why anyone talking about them "waiting to see how Texas improves" was nonsense.They've been Bama-bound since having Blake's feelings hurt and getting the grudging ok from Kristy. This isn't even new information on this fucking thread. 

Someone forward this to Herman and Hand, then. 

5 minutes ago, golfclap said:

What's crazy is that you don't need an abundance of OL like the Brocks to run a highly successful offense in college. There are multiple examples of this phenomenon in the Big 12 alone. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have them, but you can build a highly successful OL if you know how to develop them, without needing all 5 of them to be highly rated 4+ star guys. 

Outside of his one season at Ohio State, this is likely to be Yurcich's most talented OL he's ever had.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

What's crazy is that you don't need an abundance of OL like the Brocks to run a highly successful offense in college. There are multiple examples of this phenomenon in the Big 12 alone. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have them, but you can build a highly successful OL if you know how to develop them, without needing all 5 of them to be highly rated 4+ star guys. 

Outside of his one season at Ohio State, this is likely to be Yurcich's most talented OL he's ever had.

Exactly, look at Clemson and all the success they’ve had this past decade as a prime example.

6 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Look, fuck Blake. Fuck that guy and his glass ego. Fuck that guy. He knows that it doesn't matter where his boys play. He knows that this is not about continuity. Alabama is objectively more likely to experience more coaching turnover than Texas in the time they're in school. But, Blake steers his kids away from the bad man who hurt his feelings because teaching your kids to be petty as fuck is more important than continuing the Brock AA legacy at Texas. Fuck that guy.

Mmmm this is good pettiness

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Longhorn94 said:

I disagree. I think Hand has done a good job. I think our offensive system sucked last year. But if you look at the talent, the technique, the cohesiveness, all of it is much better under Hand than any previous OL coaches for the last forever. Cosmi going in 1st round and DK getting drafted will silence the critics. and if Yurcich is as good as I think he is, Hand's coaching will really show well.

For the Brocks, I still dont get it. Blake KNOWS Hand is a good coach and that his boys would develop properly under him, regardless of the offensive system, and that Tommy will be a first round pick under Hand and James will be coached up as much as possible. Hand teaches all the right things and is good at it. Again, Blake knows this. I still dont understand why they wouldnt jump into this class as soon as possible and lead it to the #1 class in the nation. It seems like you could control your own destiny at that point. But to do what they are doing is just puzzling (assuming they go to Texas).

They are not going to Texas.  I've been saying it for a year now.  

• Fuck You 1

tenor.gif

Old Saban already has stalwart coaches finding new gigs, specifically Cochran and Burns. Those were not coaches rehabbing, they were long time Saban assistants. Not to mention Cochran was basically the #2 over there.

TH will not be fired after this season. The money isn’t there even if he did tank. So, if we can be relatively sure that TH, Hand, and McKnight will be here through the first two years of the Brock’s careers, I will take the bet that Saban hangs it up after this coming season, or the following over the alternative set of circumstances.

Did that sound objective? Feels objective. Tried hard.

1 hour ago, Lonestar88 said:

Can the staff please not do some stupid shit like offer Oyetade the day after the Brockemeyers commit to Bama. Kids have pride, don’t make it so obvious that he’s a backup plan.

Yeah, Hand needs to be working on a "G-Damn Back-up Plan" in case the Brocks go to Bama...  What's His Plan??

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Yeah, Hand needs to be working on a "G-Damn Back-up Plan" in case the Brocks go to Bama...  What's His Plan??

We've been in contact with Oyetade, and there's all the random 3-star white dudes he's recently started following on Twitter (boy that could sound weird in another context). Hopefully something is percolating with Cade. Maybe De'Kedrick Sterns from Del Valle gets a call.

• Like 1

We've been in contact with Oyetade, and there's all the random 3-star white dudes he's recently started following on Twitter (boy that could sound weird in another context). Hopefully something is percolating with Cade. Maybe De'Kedrick Sterns from Del Valle gets a call.

Could use more time ingratiating with the Burtons.

13 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Oyetade, Cade, and Sterns would be a good trio to add with Conner honestly. Good upside and position flexibility. I think Sterns is underrated.

the random maxed-out kids are a hard pass. 

3 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Kristy signing off would be new info, to me at least. We knew they were going to commit to Bama at some point. The "wait and see" camp knows they'll commit to Bama at some point, they just think the door is open for a flip, which it very well may be. 

Look, fuck Blake. Fuck that guy and his glass ego. Fuck that guy. He knows that it doesn't matter where his boys play. He knows that this is not about continuity. Alabama is objectively more likely to experience more coaching turnover than Texas in the time they're in school. But, Blake steers his kids away from the bad man who hurt his feelings because teaching your kids to be petty as fuck is more important than continuing the Brock AA legacy at Texas. Fuck that guy.

But, yeah. This is nothing new. 

This is subjectively bullshit. 

30 minutes ago, victory88 said:

30 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Brocks ain’t coming here and that was plainly obvious when they set up two officials to Bama after their spring visit.  And they can go fuck themselves.  Way to ruin your legacy and your grandfathers legacy here.  I’ll have a sour taste in our mouths when we hear that name because I’m petty as fuck.

But if there’s one position Herman and company have nailed it on, it’s OL.  You guys really don’t remember what a damn shit show OL was before he got here.  Mack fucked us so hard depleting the OL talent and Strong was just a straight up moron.  For the first time in a long time, we have talent, depth, and NFL prospects.  They have a plan for these guys with their redshirt years.  They have specific traits they look for and they let Yancy do the rest.  Cosmi, Christian Jones, Kerstetter we’re guys we’d never heard of.  They will all play in the NFL.  Angilau was highly recruited and they did a fantastic job developing him and getting him ready start as a RS Frosh.  Willie Tyler who no one fucking knew about has transformed his body and is the biggest OL on the team and will contribute this year.  They also do a great job of finding grad transfers.  Calvin Anderson was huge for us.  Parker Braun filled in a big need.  

TLDR:  Fucks the Brocks... we’ll be fine at OL.  

Agree with most of that, but the Baylor game this year.  Yeah, play calling.  But they still need to pick up stunts a lot better.

Edited by cochamps

29 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Brocks ain’t coming here and that was plainly obvious when they set up two officials to Bama after their spring visit.  And they can go fuck themselves.  Way to ruin your legacy and your grandfathers legacy here.  I’ll have a sour taste in our mouths when we hear that name because I’m petty as fuck.

But if there’s one position Herman and company have nailed it on, it’s OL.  You guys really don’t remember what a damn shit show OL was before he got here.  Mack fucked us so hard depleting the OL talent and Strong was just a straight up moron.  For the first time in a long time, we have talent, depth, and NFL prospects.  They have a plan for these guys with their redshirt years.  They have specific traits they look for and they let Yancy do the rest.  Cosmi, Christian Jones, Kerstetter we’re guys we’d never heard of.  They will all play in the NFL.  Angilau was highly recruited and they did a fantastic job developing him and getting him ready start as a RS Frosh.  Willie Tyler who no one fucking knew about has transformed his body and is the biggest OL on the team and will contribute this year.  They also do a great job of finding grad transfers.  Calvin Anderson was huge for us.  Parker Braun filled in a big need.  

You can throw in Hookfin and Karic as well.  I think one things that's a factor in no new OL offers is seeing these guys in person.  Pretty sure all of Tyler, Hookfin, and Karic visited campus and/or the staff saw them in person before offering.

I'm wondering if we may try to grab a JUCO late in the year.

Has the staff communicated with Jack Leyrar any?  Seems to have the frame the staff likes.

50 minutes ago, victory88 said:

So you're on board, it's all on Hand now.

tenor.gif?itemid=12587705

stop worrying about ol recruiting things are cooking behind the scenes 

i cant get into the specific player but im here to tell you before the 995ers do that an ol prospect committed to another school has recently started talking to texas recruits in a group chat :ph34r: i expect super k to report it soon he talks to a kid from the chat often 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1