Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

Clemson mod Anal Hickey 

"Clemson, LSU, and Texas have been regarded as the primary contenders, however. Of that trio, he's only visited Texas. 

Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables is heading Mukuba's recruitment for Clemson, and the Tigers have demonstrated that Mukuba is the No. 1 safety (and even only) they're actively targeting right now. 

In talking to a source this week, I've learned that Mukuba might not be able to get out to Clemson unless it's an official visit. But if Clemson and Mukuba can link up before it's time to make a decision -- and odds seem pretty good that'll happen one way or another -- then it could prove difficult to bet against Clemson in the end. 

In other words, if you want to suggest that Texas is in good shape as it stands because it's the only program that has received a visit, then OK. But as we know visits, especially first-time ones to Clemson, can be game-changers."

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Fud said:

Clemson mod Anal Hickey 

"Clemson, LSU, and Texas have been regarded as the primary contenders, however. Of that trio, he's only visited Texas. 

Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables is heading Mukuba's recruitment for Clemson, and the Tigers have demonstrated that Mukuba is the No. 1 safety (and even only) they're actively targeting right now. 

In talking to a source this week, I've learned that Mukuba might not be able to get out to Clemson unless it's an official visit. But if Clemson and Mukuba can link up before it's time to make a decision -- and odds seem pretty good that'll happen one way or another -- then it could prove difficult to bet against Clemson in the end. 

In other words, if you want to suggest that Texas is in good shape as it stands because it's the only program that has received a visit, then OK. But as we know visits, especially first-time ones to Clemson, can be game-changers."

I fell for it and googled his name you bastard! 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, hornfromdallas said:

& this is why he is struggling to recruit

when other coaches dont follow this rule it makes you look like a fucc boi for ignoring the calls

if hand keeps missing out carrington is going to get tired of covering for so many position coaches & ask for a huge raise 

Recruiting contact rules for the 2022 class right now are really stupid...

Edited by LTtxfan

53 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

When did the Clemson 247 site start using child labor?

She’s actually one of the better other team recruiting mods that I’ve come across. Her and the LSU guys stand out 

14 minutes ago, Fud said:

She’s actually one of the better other team recruiting mods that I’ve come across. Her and the LSU guys stand out 

Correct me if I’m wrong Lou, but isn’t the Clemson mod deep in the bag for helping pay recruits? I don’t know if it’s her or someone else, but there were strong rumors that they helped facilitate shenanigans 

4 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Correct me if I’m wrong Lou, but isn’t the Clemson mod deep in the bag for helping pay recruits? I don’t know if it’s her or someone else, but there were strong rumors that they helped facilitate shenanigans 

If you're saying she's super religious, then the name probably checks out.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Herm is doing pretty damn well at ASU.  I’m gonna eat crow.  I thought that guy was going to flop hard when he was hired

I did too. He seemed like such a dork on TV.

On another note, Helm's latest insta story is Roach and Brewster's Texas CBs with "And so it begins [shush emoji] exspect [sic] something soon"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Any more news on this ... ?  (Saw this tweet by Harris ... SIAP.)

With both Helm and Turner we have reason to believe they'd be imminent. Alexis is more of an "anytime wouldn't be surprising". Anyone else would be a shock.

Edited by texifornia

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

With both Helm and Turner have we reason to believe they'd be imminent. Alexis is more of an "anytime wouldn't be surprising". Anyone else would be a shock.

Yeah, after your previous post, sure seems like Helm's imminent.

And with the number of commits (esp. defensive?) from the state of Texas that are excited and seemingly in the know, would be great to get Shemar and make it a double ... 

15 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Yurcich and Carrington both now following Sturdivant. Was more excited about that with McCaskill tbh.

IIRC, the last time we went head to head with Cal was for Christian Jones. I don't remember if we flipped him though...I don't believe so.