Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

5 minutes ago, Bam Bam Sam said:

Staff and QBs love Omeire so far, FWIW. He's a hard worker, practices alone frequently in free time.

He showed a lot of improvement from Junior to Senior year. Not just in technical ability at the position, but also increased his overall athleticism a ton.  It sounds like he's got a great work ethic, and based on offseason photos and reports, he's a beast in the weight room. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

He showed a lot of improvement from Junior to Senior year. Not just in technical ability at the position, but also increased his overall athleticism a ton.  It sounds like he's got a great work ethic. 

Early returns make me very happy to be wrong about Omeire for sure. Let's hope I can say the same about Broughton.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Early returns make me very happy to be wrong about Omeire for sure. Let's hope I can say the same about Broughton.  

Yep. Broughton's an incredible athlete, but I'm going to have to see an increased level of physicality from him and intensity on every play before I drink the Kool-Aid on him.  Thankfully he'll have some time to develop between Collins being ahead of him and us having some really quality DL in the classes above him.  

16 hours ago, texifornia said:

Totally understandable given Lakeview Centennial's remote location and lack of other high-major prospects.

(I wouldn't usually be this bitchy, but the 9.95ers, and especially IT, acting like this is all some mystical oversight when even schools that offer EVERYBODY like Tennessee and Virginia Tech haven't bothered is really annoying - @OnAComputer do you have a good reason for his lack of offers?)

I don’t know what’s up with Ezra, but we are fully in “let’s hope we land some sleepers” mode with the OL. None of these guys are going to have impressive offer lists.

Lengyel, the new offer, only has 1 other P5 offer at the moment.

Mike Roach: VIP Intel on a new 247Sports Crystal Ball forecast for Texas

Could Texas be closing in on another commit in the 2021 class? I just logged a 247Sports Crystal Ball prediction in favor of the Longhorns for Ryan Lengyel. The 2021 Dallas Jesuit offensive lineman was offered today, and sources near him feel Texas is now in the driver's seat for the three-star prospect.  Baylor is Lengyel's other power five offer, but Florida International, Wyoming, Louisiana Monroe, Arkansas State and Liberty also have their hats in the ring.

While Lengyel isn't highly rated, sources in Austin feel he has the traits necessary to develop into a good prospect in the longterm.  If Lengyel commits, he'd join Hayden Conner in the Texas offensive line class. The Longhorns are also working on Jacksonville (Fla.) Bishop Kenny center Michael Myslinski, Katy Taylor offensive guard Bryce Foster and Duncanville offensive tackle Savion Byrd.

Lengyel is expected to make a pretty quick decision according to sources at Jesuit. His commitment would bring the 2021 class to 16 total commits with two bodies on the offensive line. At 6-foot-5, 275 pounds, Lengyel is ranked as the No. 185 offensive tackle in the nation and No. 339 overall prospect in Texas, according to 247Sports.

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

I don’t know what’s up with Ezra, but we are fully in “let’s hope we land some sleepers” mode with the OL. None of these guys are going to have impressive offer lists.

Lengyel, the new offer, only has 1 other P5 offer at the moment.

As opposed to Ezra who has ?

20 hours ago, texifornia said:

Totally understandable given Lakeview Centennial's remote location and lack of other high-major prospects.

(I wouldn't usually be this bitchy, but the 9.95ers, and especially IT, acting like this is all some mystical oversight when even schools that offer EVERYBODY like Tennessee and Virginia Tech haven't bothered is really annoying - @OnAComputer do you have a good reason for his lack of offers?)

I honestly don’t know why he doesn’t get offers. Everybody who I show his film to (full game film not highlights) is pretty blown away. I haven’t asked, but I’m guessing that they want to see him in person or something because even though he’s from the same school as Wheaton they may have not looked at him while there.

It has to be something beyond his film.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

This news about Omeire...it’s like Herman knows how to evaluate recruits.  He’s not great at evaluating coaches or maybe he’s just loyal to a fault.  Fuck it, let’s beat some ass this year!

Yes, you don't coach around Mack and more importantly Meyer and not learn how to evaluate. His problem has always been his ego, which it is for most coaches. Ego is fine when you win, ego needs to be kicked in the ass when you lose to some of the teams he has lost too so far.

11 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

This news about Omeire...it’s like Herman knows how to evaluate recruits.  He’s not great at evaluating coaches or maybe he’s just loyal to a fault.  Fuck it, let’s beat some ass this year!

Would be hilarious if Omeire has a better college career than Demas.

• Hook 'Em 3

Roach with the Texas CB for Ketron Jackson (7 confidence) and the write up

I've entered another Crystal Ball for the Longhorns today.

After coming to Austin for a self-guided tour last week, I feel confident enough in where the Longhorns stand for Royse City (Texas) wide receiver Ketron Jackson to move forward. The four-star prospect told Horns247 that his visit helped to elevate Texas quite a bit, and I feel Andre Coleman is really starting to make a big impact in this recruitment. To make matters better for Texas, the Longhorns just landed 2022 Lancaster wide receiver Phaizon Wilson. Wilson and Jackson are teammates on the Dallas-based 7v7 Team Grind and are good friends.

Sources in Austin indicate a growing confidence for Jackson while sources near Jackson say that Texas made a big move over the last week. Jackson is still waiting out the visit process hoping to be able to take his trips during the fall. He's said on numerous occasions that Texas was the dream offer for him, and he grew up watching and rooting for the Longhorns. Jackson started his high school career at Lancaster but moved to Royse City last season. As a junior, Jackson recorded 61 catches for 889 yards and 6 touchdowns

If the Longhorns were to land Jackson, he would be the second receiver in the class alongside New Orleans (LA) Warren Easton's Casey Cain. Arkansas and TCU are expected to be the two biggest sources of competition.

At 6-feet-2, 186 pounds, Jackson is ranked as the No. 26 wide receiver in the nation and No. 24 overall prospect in Texas, according to 247Sports Composite.

Edited by RGBIII
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Roach with the Texas CB for Ketron Jackson (7 confidence) and the write up

I've entered another Crystal Ball for the Longhorns today.

After coming to Austin for a self-guided tour last week, I feel confident enough in where the Longhorns stand for Royse City (Texas) wide receiver Ketron Jackson to move forward. The four-star prospect told Horns247 that his visit helped to elevate Texas quite a bit, and I feel Andre Coleman is really starting to make a big impact in this recruitment. To make matters better for Texas, the Longhorns just landed 2022 Lancaster wide receiver Phaizon Wilson. Wilson and Jackson are teammates on the Dallas-based 7v7 Team Grind and are good friends.

Sources in Austin indicate a growing confidence for Jackson while sources near Jackson say that Texas made a big move over the last week. Jackson is still waiting out the visit process hoping to be able to take his trips during the fall. He's said on numerous occasions that Texas was the dream offer for him, and he grew up watching and rooting for the Longhorns. Jackson started his high school career at Lancaster but moved to Royse City last season. As a junior, Jackson recorded 61 catches for 889 yards and 6 touchdowns

If the Longhorns were to land Jackson, he would be the second receiver in the class alongside New Orleans (LA) Warren Easton's Casey Cain. Arkansas and TCU are expected to be the two biggest sources of competition.

At 6-feet-2, 186 pounds, Jackson is ranked as the No. 26 wide receiver in the nation and No. 24 overall prospect in Texas, according to 247Sports Composite.

So basically Coleman just needs to get in front of recruits and then hand his phone to Carrington when they text him.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

So basically Coleman just needs to get in front of recruits and then hand his phone to Carrington when they text him.

yes

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Jackson, Cain, and Alexis would be a pretty good WR haul.  We all know Alexis is way underrated and probably ends up composite 4*.  

Everything outside of OL seems to be coming together.

i wouldnt worry about ol 

carrington has now covered for giles/coleman/drayton & you see how that has turned out 

carrington will help hand next

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

6 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Yes, you don't coach around Mack and more importantly Meyer and not learn how to evaluate. His problem has always been his ego, which it is for most coaches. Ego is fine when you win, ego needs to be kicked in the ass when you lose to some of the teams he has lost too so far.

Yep, well, I’m feeling good about Omeire being an angry and mean no sunshine guy.  I hope he’s out to hurt some people.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, hornfromdallas said:

yes

i wouldnt worry about ol 

carrington has now covered for giles/coleman/drayton & you see how that has turned out 

carrington will help hand next

BC telling assistants he's taking over the recruiting of key 2021guys...

giphy.gif

On 7/30/2020 at 6:34 PM, texifornia said:

When he's not wetting himself, he's actually a good poster. He uses his 247 account for good and he generally knows his shit (you're not getting Football Board-level gibbering FIRE EVERYONE taeks), which gives the board someone not brain damaged to use as a backboard for arguments.

Also in his vanishingly rare moments of optimism he brings quality Bollywood gifs to the board, which are a personal inspiration in terms of borderline insane levels of raw overacted emotion.

the very first post I saw from Satya was a ferociously exuberant victory celebration after a battle

I thought, "this guy's optimism has no bounds, this is fantastic; what a breath of fresh air"

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1