Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

This weekend's TCU game could end up being one of the most important games of the season for many reasons. Recruits (and fans) want to see how this team will respond to last week's game. We've got OU the following week so we absolutely cannot go into this game overlooking TCU, thinking about next week. How a team bounces back from a struggling performance is extremely important. Plus, it's against a school we go head-to-head for in many recruiting battles. We need to show the fuck up and show Quentin Johnston that he made the wrong choice.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ryno said:

Username checks out because Hornsfan is correct. Had someone ask me why Texas wouldn’t call him if he had won a Heisman immediately after he said it.

Ware has repeatedly stated on the air that UT recruited him as a DB.  Repeatedly means over and over again on several occasions.  It is known.

11 minutes ago, Mason Ramsey said:

This weekend's TCU game could end up being one of the most important games of the season for many reasons. Recruits (and fans) want to see how this team will respond to last week's game. We've got OU the following week so we absolutely cannot go into this game overlooking TCU, thinking about next week. How a team bounces back from a struggling performance is extremely important. Plus, it's against a school we go head-to-head for in many recruiting battles. We need to show the fuck up and show Quentin Johnston that he made the wrong choice.

this. 

PS: who the fuck cares about Andre Ware - quit analyzing his comments. yes, I know this is surly hah

Edited by CL Horn

59 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Ingram’s not wide open at all on that 3rd and 17. There’s a LB right there covering him and would be there by the time Sam got the ball to him, plus you don’t throw a covered swing pass one second into a play on 3rd and 17. By the time Sam gets through his primary options on that play, Ingram is absolutely covered. 

The real problem with is Christian Jones getting beat on the edge immediately when he should know he has help inside so the only thing he can’t do is get beat to the outside and then the interior double team getting split so Sam has no room to step up in the pocket. That play was just an abject failure by the OL. 

I am detecting a theme here.

59 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Ingram’s not wide open at all on that 3rd and 17. There’s a LB right there covering him and would be there by the time Sam got the ball to him, plus you don’t throw a covered swing pass one second into a play on 3rd and 17. By the time Sam gets through his primary options on that play, Ingram is absolutely covered. 

The real problem with is Christian Jones getting beat on the edge immediately when he should know he has help inside so the only thing he can’t do is get beat to the outside and then the interior double team getting split so Sam has no room to step up in the pocket. That play was just an abject failure by the OL. 

I am detecting a theme here.

1 hour ago, cafe society said:

Ware has repeatedly stated on the air that UT recruited him as a DB.  Repeatedly means over and over again on several occasions.  It is known.

Super insightful! We are actually talking about a specific moment in the game 2 weeks ago where he said something slightly different. You are a douche bag and should stick to your lane. It is known.

• Fuck You 10

40 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Interesting new Carrington follow - that's a big kid: https://247sports.com/Player/Jelin-Samuels-46108960/

bruh u r a machine with the following of carringtons twitter 

can i hire u to do the same for a couple thots i want to follow on social media but dont want my wife to find out u can send me all their activity please 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

43 minutes ago, texifornia said:

The good people over at TexAgs seem to like him

EixvABPWAAUZvOr?format=jpg&name=900x900

dude literally got his first offer 2 days ago from UIW

also, i assume one of these is the "minute of tape" that was referenced?

here is a direct link to his HUDL, the highlight from his most recent game literally has 10 views as of when i am posting this

https://www.hudl.com/profile/13604082/Jelin-Samuels

Edited by NoName

1 hour ago, Ryno said:

This was meant to be a joke and is going as well as my post standing up for @Hornsfan91’s comment. I’ll take my negs on the chin. Have a good one fellas

Eh, you dug in on a bad position, but took it like a man. You'll fit right in here. It's the best board on the site, and the only place to get intelligent conversation...even if fleeting. Welcome to the best part of Surly.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, hornfromdallas said:

bruh u r a machine with the following of carringtons twitter 

can i hire u to do the same for a couple thots i want to follow on social media but dont want my wife to find out u can send me all their activity please 

pm spystud