Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

Nice.

He was one of the key reasons Westlake won state. Sneaky fast and great ability to turn the corner. Great runner in space and good hands. Took a bunch of little dump off passes to the house the last two years. I was really surprised he wasn't going somewhere like Houston or SMU. Better back than Nokia Watson who is at Wisconsin. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BornOrange said:

If taking on debt effects his cost benefit analysis it may be a sign he is too intelligent for Yale.

Ivys don’t have athletic scholarships so I assume that if he was going there for free it would be some combination of need based and academic scholarships.  If that’s true, those are available at Texas as well. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Ivys don’t have athletic scholarships so I assume that if he was going there for free it would be some combination of need based and academic scholarships.  If that’s true, those are available at Texas as well. 

Ivys still find ways to get preferred athletes some money 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

This is the weirdest recruitment. I hope this kid doesn't flame out due to having a mental makeup issue. 

Really? Is it that weird? It’s not like he’s committed to four different schools or whatever. It’s probably the biggest decision he’s ever made. Some people need 20 minutes looking at a dinner menu.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

This is the weirdest recruitment. I hope this kid doesn't flame out due to having a mental makeup issue. 

Really? Is it that weird? It’s not like he’s committed to four different schools or whatever. It’s probably the biggest decision he’s ever made. Some people need 20 minutes looking at a dinner menu.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, blacklab said:

Nice.

He was one of the key reasons Westlake won state. Sneaky fast and great ability to turn the corner. Great runner in space and good hands. Took a bunch of little dump off passes to the house the last two years. I was really surprised he wasn't going somewhere like Houston or SMU. Better back than Nokia Watson who is at Wisconsin. 

My kid sitting in AP English with him.  So must be a smart boy and education is higher priority for him.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Days ago a “thug” who was popped dealing drugs in high school that was allowed to enroll announced he was done with football to go to med school.

And he never played so would it have really mattered if we allowed him to come here on scholarship.

Edited by Bevo

13 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Uh...you lost? Or did you just drop in for the resounding chorus of fuck you’s you’re about to receive?

Because, fuck you.

No not lost. Had this kind of thing happen to my family and it was very scary. Hope it never happens to any of you that's all and I'm gone.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 4

2 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I bet you $100 in best buy coupons that he’s not going to med school if he didn’t get a scholarship to a good school.

I don't think scholarship money is really an issue - his dad makes 925k per year...  (he's DePaul's HC for basketball). ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Hook 'Em 5