Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

8 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

VioletInsecureBallpython-size_restricted

This isn't the best gif I've ever made but it'll probably be the most used

Just going to go ahead and point out that that font of terrible taeks and general bad-tempered assholery is only 14 negs away from a crowd ban. 

Do with that what you will.

Edited by texifornia
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Just going to go ahead and point out that that font of terrible taeks and general bad-tempered assholery is only 14 negs away from a crowd ban. 

Do with that what you will.

I got negged to oblivion this summer for calling out our players for being to wrapped up in the BLM protests and that we would probably suck in football this past season. I know it wasn’t all their fault but I was right. Neg away.

• Fuck You 46

3 minutes ago, Luka Skywalker said:

I got negged to oblivion this summer for calling out our players for being to wrapped up in the BLM protests and that we would probably suck in football this past season. I know it wasn’t all their fault but I was right. Neg away.

It's Bolivia 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1
  • Drool 1

12 minutes ago, Luka Skywalker said:

Lololol on the way out the door, you gotta drop in a sjw potshot. Props for authenticity. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Luka Skywalker said:

UT lost three games by one score, all of which they could have won (even OU, despite getting gang-raped at the LOS again), had Turtle FUCKING Tom not been such an implacable ignoramus. STFU about the social stuff. Tom Herman was the problem, including the win-loss record, and most of the social/EoT/isolated Sam fiasco.

Fuck that insufferable narcissist and thank God he's gone.

Edited by MuellerHorn

Just now, MuellerHorn said:

UT lost three games by one score, all of which they could have won (even OU, despite getting gang-raped at the LOS again), had Turtle FUCKING Tom not been such an implacable ignoramus. STFU about the social stuff. Tom Herman was the problem, including the win-loss record, and most of the social/EoT/isolated Sam fiasco.

Fuck that guy and thank God he's gone.

That’s why I said it wasn’t all their fault. My main point was they weren’t focused on winning.

Doesn’t matter anymore though. It’s a new era. Hoping it works out.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 8

3 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Why do you say carrington’s departure won’t hurt? Multiple recruits over the past few years indicated he was a major reason they chose Texas. 

Others have addressed it, but he’s replaceable and not a big deal with a strong recruiting staff. I’d rather keep him than replace him, but I won’t cut myself when he leaves. I posted the info about his offer and situation with USC up thread.  I don’t see him staying. It will be a good move for him and we’ll be fine. 

3 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Why do you say carrington’s departure won’t hurt? Multiple recruits over the past few years indicated he was a major reason they chose Texas. 

Let’s put this shit to bed. 
Carrington is gregarious as fuck. He can relationship build and network better than your best sales guy and his genuine demeanor connects with lots of kids. He’s been a great asset as a recruiter, and at a time we needed it to compensate for Drayton, Hand, Herman, and Giles. That cannot be overlooked. Carrington has been awesome. Glad for him to have an opportunity that fits his family better with devil’s he knows. Good luck, bud. 
How many guys have we lost to other schools because of their relationship with coaches? Quick answer, almost all of them. If Carrington was the reason a recruit was coming to Texas, (who, btw?), aside from the obvious ‘do we really want a guy committing to the DofR?’, fucking awesome. That’s gravy. There are plenty of guys out there who can, at minimum, fill that role capably. And, we’ll probably hire 2-3 guys with those responsibilities. It’s better to see coaches that appear committed to recruiting across the board and the growth of the recruiting org will more than compensate for an gregarious personality. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Others have addressed it, but he’s replaceable and not a big deal with a strong recruiting staff. I’d rather keep him than replace him, but I won’t cut myself when he leaves. I posted the info about his offer and situation with USC up thread.  I don’t see him staying. It will be a good move for him and we’ll be fine. 

Well, goddammit 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Luka Skywalker said:

coaching lost those games, not playin

• Hook 'Em 1

From Justin Wells:

The 2021 four-star corner from Dallas Kimball didn’t get to sign during the early period in December. Since then, he’s spoken to staffers, including Terry Joseph tonight.

As of tonight, IT feels very confident Ibraheem will sign on Wednesday, February 3rd.

This is pretty big. Ish has serious talent for the island and would bolster any DB room.

• Hook 'Em 9

Roach:

— As Nick reported earlier today, a source close to four-star back LJ Johnson told Horns247 that Johnson was looking to take a last-minute visit to Austin this week. Another source close to Johnson told 247Sports that he had recently been on a visit to Austin. We have not been able to confirm that visit as of yet. Either way, this seems to be par for the course with what we’ve seen with Johnson in the month of January. I’ll have a detailed look at what we know with Johnson in The Stampede, but this is probably one of the most anticipated recruiting battles in the country as it comes down to Texas and Texas A&M.

It truly is astounding how he manages to say less than nothing with each update, this one is literally "hey other people said this, I don't know shit though"

Edited by Teryor
  • Hook 'Em 3

27 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

I put Carrington in the same category as filtered photos of Lake Travis. When you actually put your players in the league and win conference titles you don't need this ancillary crap.

Lake Travis next on the list? Man if only Sark had had his shit together instead of hiring coaches the day he came in maybe we wouldn’t be losing these recruiting assets. Three weeks is more than enough time to hire an on field coaching staff and solve climate change. Not a good start, imo 

Edited by Hank_Hill

4 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

I read the college talk on this thread to my wife and she is laughing aloud. Y’all are posting some funny, funny stuff so keep it up. I’ve just had two Sockeye Red IPA’s from Alaska’s Midnight Sun Brewery*** (which is AMAZING) so now I have some random, alcohol-addled, triggered thoughts:

My wife says ALL colleges have pretty girls so stop making comparisons. I agree.*

Fuck Quinn Ewers and fuck Dallas new-money pussies. He must have thought he was playing some other sissy, bleached-hair Dallas team in the state final. We gave him a nice beat-down.

Fuck Turtle Tom for wasting snaps on Kai Money and fuck the UT PR machine for trying to create a human interest story out of that bullshit. Did you know Bijan only caught five more passes than Kai Money? If you’re reading this, Kai, more power to you. This is about idiot Turtle. If you’re reading this Turtle, go fuck yourself.**

I’m a proud UT grad but GTFO with that talk about a UT diploma being anywhere close to Yale.

To the guy complaining about Yale talk on the recruiting thread, I would say go fuck yourself, but I think I gave you a horns up on your post. Hey, I said this was ramblings.

*I shot videos for a sorority at another college last summer. And fuck you, no pics. I’m a happily married man and father, but dang.

**Go fuck yourself, Turtle Tom. 

***I was hoping the ABV was really high to justify this post but I just checked: 5.7%

Please PM me pics of the wife. They aren’t loading.

• Hook 'Em 4

21 hours ago, Napoleon said:

1) As was pointed out above... Teenagers make bad decisions.

2) I've heard that it is possible to go out of state for undergrad and return to UT for grad school. (I have dozens of friends who did this with law school & business school. MANY more than doubled up on UT undergrad & grad school.)

3) My older brother went to Yale and I went to UT. If I were that kid's parents, I would not allow that kid to go to UT. And as a preferred walk-on, he's going to need money from home.

4) Last night my mother was reading off the acceptance rates of top colleges and the numbers are tiny due to how many kids took a gap year due to COVID. Being an Ivy League letterman sets you up in life, even in Texas, well beyond being a preferred walk-on at Texas. And if you, for some reason, want to live anywhere else in the USA... or world, and never get a UT grad degree, you would basically have your name on a list at the door before you even knew what that door led to.

If I were his parent, I would be furious.

Hook 'em

So we may have already beaten this to death, but every time I hear Yale I think of my wife’s cousin that went there. Brilliant girl but got a degree in Art History or some dumb shit and went back to school a few years later at a commuter school to get an Accounting degree to pay the bills. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Counterpoint,

the difference in quantity and quality of poon that’s going to throw itself at him the next 4 years at UT v Yale is so vast that all your points mean nothing to a red blooded 18 year old male. 

bruh  said texas has quality poon 

bruh this isnt the 70s80s the thots at texas are bottom tier anyone picking texas is not going to be getting any type of quality "poon"

Edited by hornfromdallas
  • Fuck You 28

10 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

I put Carrington in the same category as filtered photos of Lake Travis. When you actually put your players in the league and win conference titles you don't need this ancillary crap.

When the old staff wasn’t that good at their jobs in regards to recruiting I think a lot of it fell on Carrington who did well making up for it.  We as Texas fans have a habit of attaching to one player, coach, or staff member and romanticize them heavily and creates this pedestal. Now the staff is full of dogs that can recruit and coach with the best in the country his services won’t be as noticeable in my opinion. He will be replaced by someone who can do just as good of a job.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

He’s on track to be a D1 on field coach probably by next year. I think of his trajectory a little like Samples, although Samples has way more connections with his Dad and found a perfect landing spot in Dallas. Don’t think Harris would want to take a step back into an off field role like Carrington’s.

edit: reading is hard sometimes, i thought this was about Carrington not Harris. my bad!

Spoiler

uh, no.

what do you think is more likely, Carrington - who has *never* been a coach of any kind, or a GA of any kind is an on field coach next year or that Clay Helton is fired, a new coach comes in and makes changes?

Samples spent 2 years as an assistant at U of H working with WR/RB and QB. he spent another year+ as an assistant WR coach at Texas, then jumped directly to an on field "offensive assistant" at SMU and now is the RB coach there.

Samples was what? 4+ years and change ahead of Carrington. Carrington is taking the job Samples had 4 years ago. Sure, he could go through things quickly, but this isn't a situation where he is going to suddenly go from never doing anything w/r/t coaching to suddenly being an on field coach. This isn't a situation like Scott Cochran and Bama to UGA - lots more was going on there.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

uh, no.

what do you think is more likely, Carrington - who has *never* been a coach of any kind, or a GA of any kind is an on field coach next year or that Clay Helton is fired, a new coach comes in and makes changes?

Samples spent 2 years as an assistant at U of H working with WR/RB and QB. he spent another year+ as an assistant WR coach at Texas, then jumped directly to an on field "offensive assistant" at SMU and now is the RB coach there.

Samples was what? 4+ years and change ahead of Carrington. Carrington is taking the job Samples had 4 years ago. Sure, he could go through things quickly, but this isn't a situation where he is going to suddenly go from never doing anything w/r/t coaching to suddenly being an on field coach. This isn't a situation like Scott Cochran and Bama to UGA - lots more was going on there.

Pretty sure he's talking about Harris being on track to be a D1 coach, not Carrington.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, hornfromdallas said:

bruh  said texas has quality poon 

bruh this isnt the 70s80s the thots at texas are bottom tier anyone picking texas is not going to be getting any type of quality "poon"

I hope everyone has figured out this joker is not related to any player.  45 year old white dude office worker.  

• Hook 'Em 3

22 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Counterpoint,

the difference in quantity and quality of poon that’s going to throw itself at him the next 4 years at UT v Yale is so vast that all your points mean nothing to a red blooded 18 year old male. 

its been 22 hours bruh typed this with a straight face

i am wheezing at the thought of a 50 year old yt male thinking someone would choose texas thots in 2021 as a "quality poon" option 

• Fuck You 26

4 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

its been 22 hours bruh typed this with a straight face

i am wheezing at the thought of a 50 year old yt male thinking someone would choose texas thots in 2021 as a "quality poon" option 

Luka gets crowdsourced last night and hornfromdallas returns this morning from a 3 week break this morning

RecentFormalAlaskankleekai-small.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

Roach

Spoiler

RECRUITING NOTES

— Texas and Tyler Legacy defensive lineman Garfield Lawrence went their separate ways as the Longhorns landed Ovie Oghoufo and Lawrence chose Houston. Texas still appears to be in the driver’s seat for David Abiara, but there is some unpredictability to him. Abiara rarely talks, but a source at Mansfield Legacy is still indicating strong optimism when it comes to Abiara.

— As I mentioned late last week, there’s again some growing optimism in Austin about landing four-star Cy-Fair running back LJ Johnson. Johnson’s recruitment has gone crazy since he put off signing with plans to enroll sometime during January. Now, Johnson is putting off his decision until signing day and the thought is he won’t enroll early and instead spend the spring working out on his own now that he’s graduated from high school. A source in Austin professed confidence that Texas would ultimately end up with Johnson and I’ve heard sources at Texas A&M are somewhat in the dark as of this weekend. There has always been a belief that if Johnson wanted to commit to Texas A&M, he’s had several opportunities to do it. We should see this week, but don’t’ go surprised if the decision gets extended longer with the signing deadline moved further out. As of now, I’d pretty much call it a coin flip.

— I checked in with a source near Tennessee transfer linebacker Henry To’o To’o over the weekend. The former Concord (Calif.) De La Salle prospect is moving on from the Vols and Texas was generating some buzz due to Pete Kwiatkowski who almost won him out of high school. I was told that Texas was among the schools he was considering but not expected to be on the short list. To’o To’o has been pretty reclusive and this source was going to check back this week to see if anything had changed. As of now, it looks like Texas isn’t in position to land him, but we will keep checking to see if anything changes.

— It seems like things could really come down to the wire for Austin Uke. In checking with sources over the weekend, the Parish Episcopal offensive tackle is still undecided. Kyle Flood and Steve Sarkisian did a zoom call with him over the weekend, but his head is spinning a bit. It sounds like the race will come down to Northwestern, Stanford and Texas. One thing working in favor of the Longhorns is that Uke would like to stay close to home if he feels there’s a great fit. We will see if Texas can sell him on that fit and win out with the proximity.

• Hook 'Em 3