Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

28 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

its been 22 hours bruh typed this with a straight face

i am wheezing at the thought of a 50 year old yt male thinking someone would choose texas thots in 2021 as a "quality poon" option 

42 man. And compared to Yale?  For someone picking relatively first in line at the buffet?  Yeah man- he will be drowning in it. 

• Like 1

Michael Taffe is a classic Westlake player. He’s undersized for D1 and needs to bulk up. He’s a terrific athlete and was voted the MVP Defensive player in the state championship game TWO years in a row! He picked off Ewers TWICE in the title game and one of those was that crazy one-handed catch that pretty much sealed the game. Playing for Todd Dodge, he’s become a very smart player ( Chaps play smarter than Horns #sorrynotsorry) and being that Dodge is way smarter than idiot Turtle Tom, he was also played WR and made some really key TD’s late in the season including a TD catch against North Shore and the long pass play catch that set up the winning TD. Dude could be a good contributor by his sophomore or junior year. 

That’s crazy. How does a guy get DMVP in 2 state championship games and not have 3 stars? Is it just his size? Or are those the only two games he played well in?

Just now, closetojumping said:

He's a piece of shit that you idiots pumped with rep while some of us were off doing other shit. How did the Shemar Turner signing work out? You guys got thirsty and did stupid shit. Don't revise it now and equivocate for this clown. He knows dick and he's a bandwidth drain. 

you left us.. now you are scolding us?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

He's a piece of shit that you idiots pumped with rep while some of us were off doing other shit. How did the Shemar Turner signing work out? You guys got thirsty and did stupid shit. Don't revise it now and equivocate for this clown. He knows dick and he's a bandwidth drain. 

Yup, he's some wannabe try hard bitch that doesn't actually know shit that these desperate recruiting forum plebeians pumped up with positive rep for nothing. He's no different than that dumb fuck caddox.

Let’s put this shit to bed. 
Carrington is gregarious as fuck. He can relationship build and network better than your best sales guy and his genuine demeanor connects with lots of kids. He’s been a great asset as a recruiter, and at a time we needed it to compensate for Drayton, Hand, Herman, and Giles. That cannot be overlooked. Carrington has been awesome. Glad for him to have an opportunity that fits his family better with devil’s he knows. Good luck, bud. 
How many guys have we lost to other schools because of their relationship with coaches? Quick answer, almost all of them. If Carrington was the reason a recruit was coming to Texas, (who, btw?), aside from the obvious ‘do we really want a guy committing to the DofR?’, fucking awesome. That’s gravy. There are plenty of guys out there who can, at minimum, fill that role capably. And, we’ll probably hire 2-3 guys with those responsibilities. It’s better to see coaches that appear committed to recruiting across the board and the growth of the recruiting org will more than compensate for an gregarious personality. 

Agreed. He filled a gaping hole for us, and did an outstanding job. We don’t appear to have that gaping hole anymore. Dude has been awesome, and I’m happy that he’s able to advance his career rather than take a hit due to Herman’s stink. He’s earned it, and I wish the best for him (until he plays a part in us losing a recruit to them).
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I went and reviewed his rep history and was not surprised to see the majority of his rep pumping came from 3 culprits who just repped his ass over and over and over - @texifornia @Burt Macklin and @SydneyCarton. Christ.

I did leave you, and I'd like to promise that I'd never do it again, but as soon as I find a better class of losers than you asshats, I'm throwing a smoke bomb and disappearing. The search continues.

Best Friends Pinky Swear GIF by bea miller

• Haha 1

Suchomel-

I said a few weeks ago that I wouldn't be moving my FutureCast pick from Texas unless I felt I had good reason to do so. As of this morning, I'm flipping it to A&M.

There's been confidence in Austin, as recently as this past weekend, but don't think it's going to go that way.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

Suchomel-

I said a few weeks ago that I wouldn't be moving my FutureCast pick from Texas unless I felt I had good reason to do so. As of this morning, I'm flipping it to A&M.

There's been confidence in Austin, as recently as this past weekend, but don't think it's going to go that way.

What a headcase. For a .98 rated RB, the level of "eh, I guess we'll take him if he shows up" from both sides is pretty funny.

4 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Agreed. He filled a gaping hole for us, and did an outstanding job. We don’t appear to have that gaping hole anymore. Dude has been awesome, and I’m happy that he’s able to advance his career rather than take a hit due to Herman’s stink. He’s earned it, and I wish the best for him (until he plays a part in us losing a recruit to them).

200.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Roach

It sounds like Johnson won’t make a trip to Austin between now and signing day despite telling someone close to him he would. I reported this morning there was some optimism in Austin from the weekend but my pick is still on A&M and I heard some things this morning that caused me to push my confidence level up a bit on the Aggies.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, texifornia said:

What a headcase. For a .98 rated RB, the level of "eh, I guess we'll take him if he shows up" from both sides is pretty funny.

making the decision NOT to enroll early after graduating in Dec and choosing to do speed/strength workouts on his own is a fucking State of Texas sized red flag IMO

is he really damn good? yes.

this is so far beyond "not being able to make a decision" that it makes everyone question wtf is really going on for a dude who seemed to have his head screwed on right his entire recruiting cycle

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

making the decision NOT to enroll early after graduating in Dec and choosing to do speed/strength workouts on his own is a fucking State of Texas sized red flag IMO

is he really damn good? yes.

this is so far beyond "not being able to make a decision" that it makes everyone question wtf is really going on for a dude who seemed to have his head screwed on right his entire recruiting cycle

I've stated before but more concerning to me was him not playing in his final high school game vs Tompkins. Was dressed out and on the sideline but did not participate in the game.

45 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

People hate Carl but the guy was nails when he had access to the GC and hooked us up with nuggets..  He got busted and hopefully he'll be able to get back in, because it was some solid info.. from coaches, recruiting..and even basketball.

More like he has a sub to every 9.95 forum and repackages their info as his own, with a couple of minor tweaks to throw the lemmings off the trail.  #crunk

27 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

If he does go and we really do need a gaping hole, there are other options

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Nahlin:

RECRUITING MATTERS

RB LJ Johnson, Cy-Fair (2021). Texas and Texas A&M have given him a hard date: February 3rd. They want him to decide and sign on Wednesday.

Despite reports, he hasn’t visited Austin recently, but that hasn’t deterred the staff from pursuing. Coach Drayton and Coach Harris have remained in consistent pursuit.

Conventional wisdom has Texas as the most likely destination, but our latest intel has us thinking A&M has the upper hand as of this morning. Could there be another plot twist, maybe so, but we don’t think so at this time.

[Per a source close to Camar Wheaton, the Texas staff made a very late and quiet run at the running back but he’s going to stick with his commitment and sign with Alabama on Wednesday.]

CB Ishmael Ibraheem, Dallas Kimball (2021): As IT reported Sunday night Ishmael Ibraheem is expected to sign with Texas on Wednesday.

“I’m excited to talk with the coaches. Coach Joseph especially. I’ll definitely keep working out and be ready. There’s no time to celebrate,” said the lengthy corner.

Ibraheem has been staying in shape, hoping he’d get the clearance to ink with Texas on National Signing Day. Now, that looks like a reality.

DE David Abiara, Mansfield Legacy (2021): IT checked in with a source close to Mansfield Legacy four-star DE David Abiara again over the weekend. The answer was the same on the status of Abiara’s recruitment, “If he doesn’t sign with Texas Wednesday, I will be very surprised.” The 6-foot-4, 245-pound DE with broad shoulders and long arms was leaning to Washington prior to the new Texas staff being hired, which included Pete Kwiatkowski, who was recruiting Abiara for the Huskies.

DT Bear Alexander, Denton Ryan (2022): Denton Ryan 2022 DT Bear Alexander’s tweet caused quite the storm yesterday. According to a source close to Bear, the near 6-foot-4, 325-pounder does plan to announce his college commitment Wednesday. When IT stopped by Denton Ryan three weeks ago, the three schools mentioned at the top of the list were Ohio State, Georgia, and Texas … with Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Alabama, and Miami in the hunt. Since that time, Bear and his circle have been in contact with Texas DL coach Bo Davis via text and phone, and there was a phone call with Texas head coach Steve Sarkisian last week.

In talking with a source close to Alexander’s recruitment last night, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Georgia, and Texas are mentioned as most likely group where the pick will come from, but IT is not discounting Ohio State’s chances yet. Alexander and family were on the move this weekend, and one source believes there was a student visit but that school is unknown. The same source does not expect Texas to be the pick, should he stick to his February 3 announcement.

One source thinks OU has the upperhand.

Like we saw with Evan Stewart, there will be a large group of coaches working to prolong Alexander’s decision.

DB Landon Hullaby, Mansfield Timberview (2022): Little brother of UT linebacker Jaden Hullaby, the three-star knows the University of Texas well. Real well. He was re-offered by the UT staff recently.

“I want to work on being more of a leader on and off the field,” said Hullaby. “Also just want to keep working on the little things to make my game better and keep improving.”

Plenty of schools are in this pursuit, but Texas feels like the leader.

“I’d have to say Texas, Baylor, Oregon, and Notre Dame are recruiting me the hardest right now,” said Hullaby. “Whichever college gets me will get a hardworking dog that will come and make an impact immediately.”

What is it about Longhorns, Lando?

“Of course being from the state of Texas, the UT offer always means a lot and holds a lot of weight and with my brother going there,” Hullaby explained. “It just makes it even more cool to have an opportunity to be able to play with him again and Texas is definitely high on my list.”

His timeline sounds like a summer decision, but with recruiting, could be sooner.

“I plan on making my decision in the summer or earlier if the time feels right,” Hullaby said.

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

That’s crazy. How does a guy get DMVP in 2 state championship games and not have 3 stars? Is it just his size? Or are those the only two games he played well in?

Dude has been outstanding throughout HS. It's probably his measurables, as he doesn't have great size or that blazing speed. He is one of those guys who's real smart and is in the right place at the right time. He is the kind that used to get recruited by Kansas State when they were good. He does have terrific hands.