Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

Has Texas ever beat Stanford for an OL recruit?
Always seems that the OL kids that are looking between Stanford and Texas always go tree as ultimately academics win out.

It’s kind of self selecting. The kind of kid that can get into Stanford is obviously way more likely to want to play school.

2 minutes ago, TheBryMan81 said:

Officially official, he grabbed the Stanford hat

"Hey everyone!  I dont want to compete, I want to be on a shitty team that wont have a winning record while I am here, I dont want to have to try at my academics but I want everyone to know just how smart I am cause Stanford is a brand"  Got it, thank you Mr Uke

• Fuck You 5

Just now, Zhorn96 said:

"Hey everyone!  I dont want to compete, I want to be on a shitty team that wont have a winning record while I am here, I dont want to have to try at my academics but I want everyone to know just how smart I am cause Stanford is a brand"  Got it, thank you Mr Uke

I think you might be projecting just a tad

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Zhorn96 said:

Well you're certainly living up to this site's name

2 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

This o-line class is officially a 5 star sized Warheime toilet clogger

The last transition class looked the same cept the 3 star JAG turned into an All-American and probable 1st-2nd round draft pick. I'm going to take it to mean that low 3 star kid will be an All American and we'll sign 4-5 good OL in each of the next 3 classes. QED.

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, hornfromdallas said:

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

1 in

coaches were made aware late last night 

6 hours ago, hornfromdallas said:

offense 

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: ✍️

5 hours ago, hornfromdallas said:

uke

Lulz, you've got receipts though, right?

You're either trolling us or you actually do have a source in the program but you're too stupid to know when they're lying to you or straight up trolling you.

Edited by TheBryMan81
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Zhorn96 said:

God damn you sound like a loser.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Could be an unpopular opinion, but I don’t think relationships with the Texas high school coaches mean as much as 9.95ers try to tell us. In this era of social media, 7 v 7, trainers, etc, the HS coaches aren’t getting in these kids ears like they may of in the past. Hell, Charlie Strong completely ignored talking to HS coaches and basically went through the players and their parents and he still pulled in some highly ranked classes. 

A&M won this year so you didn’t hear a peep about it. The relationship with the Texas high school coaches excuse card only is pulled when you are losing. 

I tend to agree. When you have 5 stars leaving the state and posting Twitter pics throwing the horns down at places other than OU, that signifies to me the days of state pride and playing for your state school are gone.

It’s all about what’s trendy and cool at the moment. Being from Texas and hating on the Horns is the cool thing at the moment. So I have no problem going out of state. I’ll take 85 Bijan Robinsons before getting on our knees begging for Texas kids

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, TheBryMan81 said:

Are we going for a record of poster with the most posrep to eventually get crowd sourced?

I did my part. I'll admit, I enjoyed some of the recruiting bombs he dropped last year. After he was outed on the GC, though, the info dried up. Posting the financial services Zoom with Urban was insulting and this may be the straw.